Main Forums > The Roundtable

Jeepers! Any thoughts?

<< < (2/2)

AZRedhawk44:
I'm leaning more towards only attempting the Gobi rack for right now, then later this fall or next spring doing the bumper and tire carrier replacement.  Doing all of it all at once is a $3500 commitment, and I do have other things I should be examining and addressing around the house.  Of the Jeep upgrade priorities, the rack is a higher priority to increase available cargo space and leave more internal volume for passengers. 

There are some drawbacks to that approach though.
-The particular bumper I want may end up discontinued
-I have to drop the OEM bumper and reinstall it, then drop it again for the eventual bumper replacement
-The Gobi has several different rear mount solutions offered.  They ask you whose rear bumper you are running before shipping, and effort to provide compatible mounts for whatever you have.  If I buy a rack compatible with the OEM bumper and then later switch, I might need alternate mount hardware for the rack.

Toying with putting a portion of this on plastic to get it all done.  I'm currently all clear of plastic debt and I really like that.

Kingcreek:
Have you tried the trick with a piece of radiator hose on your rear tire carrier for the squeak? Some folks with more offset seem to do that behind the wheel on the factory mount atleast for clearance.

AZRedhawk44:
It's hinge-squeak, not tire free play in the mount.

makattak:
My only thought was: "why AZRedHawk channeling Velma?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version