Armed Polite Society
September 19, 2020, 06:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: R.I.P. Scout26

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to My Most Hated Season  (Read 1207 times)
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 09:11:15 AM »

Yeah, I know.  In addition to Georgia, the military has sent me to Mississippi (Gulfport), South Carolina (Charleston), Virginia (Fort Lee), and Hawaii (JBBHH), all in the summertime.  There is a reason I live in New England.  I'm slated to go to Fort Lee again this August.

I used to get TDY'd to Charleston all the time, mostly Spring-Summer it seemed. Man those biting sand flies or whatever they were!
Report to moderator   Logged

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
MillCreek
friend

APS Risk Manager

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 10:36:03 AM »

We are fortunate that we don't have a lot of biting insects in the lowlands of Western Washington.  You run into no-see-ums and deer flies in the mountains and parts of Eastern Washington, though.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.
WLJ
friends

Currently on patrol in the Epsilon Eridani System

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »

We are fortunate that we don't have a lot of biting insects in the lowlands of Western Washington.  You run into no-see-ums and deer flies in the mountains and parts of Eastern Washington, though.

Must be nice. Come July or so I swear I hear Flight of the Valkyries playing every time I walk outside.
Devonai
friend

Panic Mode Activated

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 12:54:22 PM »

I used to get TDY'd to Charleston all the time, mostly Spring-Summer it seemed. Man those biting sand flies or whatever they were!

Fortunately they didn't seem to get anywhere near the ramp.

My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
HeroHog
Gimpy Old Pharte, Formerly Jussie Smollett.
Administrator

It can ALWAYS get worse!

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »

I spent most of 4 years at Groton as an instructor at Subschool,  felt more like 40.
0 stars, would not recommend.

Was stationed there for that bad blizzard around 77/78 IIRC. SO not fun! Grumpy Old Man

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!
lupinus
Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
friends

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2020, 05:47:56 PM »

We are fortunate that we don't have a lot of biting insects in the lowlands of Western Washington.  You run into no-see-ums and deer flies in the mountains and parts of Eastern Washington, though.
I wish. Even well in to what many folks consider winter, we've got mosquitoes going strong in the woods round here.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.
charby
Necromancer
Administrator

APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

I'd rather mow grass twice a week then snow removal several times a winter.

I actually enjoy yard work and tending my ornamental plants along with my food plants.

Can't play golf in 12" of snow either.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: