Author Topic: Election fraud again.  (Read 14518 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Election fraud again.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
Vote by mail they said ... There won't be any problems they said ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:48 PM »
Vote by mail they said ... There won't be any problems they said ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/

No it's convenient and there's no way it could ever be abused.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 09:18:50 AM »
Quote from: Donald J. Trump on Twitter
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

For all the conspiracies that Obama would delay/cancel elections, I don't recall him ever just throwing the idea out there like this.  :facepalm:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 09:58:20 AM »
For all the conspiracies that Obama would delay/cancel elections, I don't recall him ever just throwing the idea out there like this.  :facepalm:

On the flip side, he put them in a position where they must be against election delays.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
On the flip side, he put them in a position where they must be against election delays.

They play checkers.  Trump plays 3-D chess.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »

They play checkers.  Trump plays 3-D chess.

Trump must be back to playing checkers.  He suggested just today via his Twitter feed the possibility of delaying the election.  Dumb mistake.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 12:02:04 PM »
Trump must be back to playing checkers.  He suggested just today via his Twitter feed the possibility of delaying the election.  Dumb mistake.
That was dumb. and the market reacted. again.
Why does anybody pay attention to his tweets?
or better yet, why doesn't he compose his tweets and then hand his phone to a designated twitter aid before hitting send or save or whatever? an adult with a brain should review and edit as needed.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
They play checkers.  Trump plays 3-D chess.   
I don't think he does any 3-D chess.  I think the left can't even play checkers well so he only needs to play chess or advanced checkers and he looks like a genius by comparison. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
That was dumb. and the market reacted. again.
Why does anybody pay attention to his tweets?
or better yet, why doesn't he compose his tweets and then hand his phone to a designated twitter aid before hitting send or save or whatever? an adult with a brain should review and edit as needed.
I think he does stuff like that deliberately to stir up the media/left. 

It makes sense.  If going to the polls is so dangerous that we all have to mail in ballots, then why don't we delay the election 6 months?  By that logic, it is also too dangerous to go to the grocery store, or restaurants, or anywhere else.  It is also too dangerous to get packages shipped in by UPS or Fedex or the Post Office from random stores and locations around the US or world. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
Trump opened his mouth and inserted his phone with the tweet about the Section 8 housing changes the other day.  The guy, and by extension his reelection team, seems to pay zero attention to the optics of what he tweets.  At this rate he is tanking his chances for reelection.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
Trump opened his mouth and inserted his phone with the tweet about the Section 8 housing changes the other day.  The guy, and by extension his reelection team, seems to pay zero attention to the optics of what he tweets.  At this rate he is tanking his chances for reelection.

I think the election tweet was dumb, but not so much the "affordable housing" tweet. Sure, it will set off the MSM and all the other usual suspects, but I think it will appeal to the "voted for Trump but won't admit it" voters.

This whole business of, "You can only build a subdivision if 20% of the houses are for the disadvantaged (i.e.,multi-generational welfare families)" appeals to all the woke people optics-wise, but none of them actually want that housing anywhere near them. Neither do most non-woke people, but nobody wants to come out and say it.

It's kinda like busing. People don't scrimp and save to move to good neighborhoods just to then have their kids bussed to the worst schools in the region, often back to where they escaped from.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 02:03:08 PM »
    In a case announced by @LADAOffice & investigated by @FBILosAngeles @LAPDHQ, 4 men have admitted to their role in a scheme where money & cigarettes were offered to the homeless in exchange for false/forged signatures on ballot petitions & voter reg forms.https://t.co/juSwWyUuin

— FBI Los Angeles (@FBILosAngeles) July 30, 2020
‘WHAT vote fraud?’ LAPD, FBI say men have admitted to giving money and cigarettes to homeless ‘in exchange for false/forged signatures on ballot petitions & voter reg form’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/30/what-vote-fraud-lapd-fbi-say-men-have-admitted-to-giving-money-and-cigarettes-to-homeless-in-exchange-for-false-forged-signatures-on-ballot-petitions-voter-reg-form/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
‘WHAT vote fraud?’ LAPD, FBI say men have admitted to giving money and cigarettes to homeless ‘in exchange for false/forged signatures on ballot petitions & voter reg form’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/30/what-vote-fraud-lapd-fbi-say-men-have-admitted-to-giving-money-and-cigarettes-to-homeless-in-exchange-for-false-forged-signatures-on-ballot-petitions-voter-reg-form/
Anyone remember the map from the 2016 election showing millions of votes in LA county and New York City? 

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 08:12:39 PM »

I wouldn't have done it,  and it's not going to happen,  but I think he's trolling the demorats.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 08:22:04 PM »
I wouldn't have done it,  and it's not going to happen,  but I think he's trolling the demorats.

And the media
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »
And the media

Oh yea,  them too ---  especially them!!!!!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2020, 11:47:34 PM »
And the media

Where's the difference?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 11:48:39 PM »
We'll know the morning of Nov 4th if there's election fraud in country
If Trump wins by one vote the dems and the media will be screaming election fraud and Russia, Russia, Russia.
If Biden wins by 500 million votes. Election fraud? There is no election fraud in this country.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2020, 11:57:56 PM »
Where's the difference?

One distracts you while the other picks your wallet
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »
We'll know the morning of Nov 4th if there's election fraud in country
If Trump wins by one vote the dems and the media will be screaming election fraud and Russia, Russia, Russia.
If Biden wins by 500 million votes. Election fraud? There is no election fraud in this country.

I highly doubt the results will be in on Nov 4th. That's one of the issues with voting by mail - people expect instant results and they're going to freak out when they don't get them.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:12 AM »
There will be vote-by-mail in a number of states.  Get used to the notion.  And the final results will not be tallied by Nov. 4th.  Hell, we'll be lucky of the results are finally in by Feb. 4th.
And the Democrats will claim that the delay just means Joe Biden's VP pick won the Presidency.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »
I admit I haven't really been following it, since this election is so *expletive deleted*ed and keeping up with it all is exhausting, but vote by mail isn't exactly new.  Are states planning on just not having in person polls at all?  Which ones?  I know that several states have had voluntary early and mail voting for at least a decade.

Shouldn't this be up to the individual states to run their elections anyway? 

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »
Granny nan is demanding national mail in voting with ballots mailed to every registered voter.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2020, 12:30:55 PM »
I reiterate:

Isn't how states run their elections up to the states?  I feel we already did this rodeo during the "Electoral votes of state X must go to popular vote winner" kerfuffle.

I'm sure legislators are talking and executives are tweeting, because that's what gets them through the day, but they don't currently have the power to do that at a federal level, and there is zero chance they could manage to pass legislation giving them that power in two months.

At the state level?  Yeah, I would probably want to watch that, but are there actual proposals from people with the power to do it?

Much like POTUS tweeting that we should delay the election, it's cute when they talk, but that's not a power the president has.