Main Forums > The Roundtable

Welcome to My Most Hated Season

(1/7) > >>

Ben:
Well, it may not officially be Summer, but it's Summer. Changed to shorts for the first time this year after mowing the lawn this afternoon. The AC just kicked in for the first time this year, and in a couple of days we're supposed to have a few days of record breaking temps approaching 100.

Yay! Mowing the stinkin' lawn, controlling the weeds that are popping up like crazy, mosquitoes and West Nile Virus in the pastures, and oh yeah, hot weather. October and jacket weather cannot come soon enough.

Perd Hapley:
True dat.

I am happy to report I'll have a better cave to hide in this summer.

MechAg94:
I guess one thing better about being in an area with a mosquito problem is the county sprays pretty aggressively.  Fogger trucks drive around at night.  They have 3 planes that dust the outlying areas.  Most years, it isn't too bad.  I don't want to be here in a bad year.  The salt marsh mosquitoes are bad.

Ben:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on May 26, 2020, 07:43:09 PM ---I guess one thing better about being in an area with a mosquito problem is the county sprays pretty aggressively.  Fogger trucks drive around at night.  They have 3 planes that dust the outlying areas.  Most years, it isn't too bad.  I don't want to be here in a bad year.  The salt marsh mosquitoes are bad.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they do that here too usually from late June until August. The fogger truck even comes all the way down my driveway and does a circle around my house. Skeeters around the house are not bad, and I bought a propane fogger a couple of weeks ago to try this Summer.

Unfortunately no matter how much they spray and fog, changing irrigation sets in the early morning in the pasture still requires full coverage clothing and tons of bug juice. Usually by early September we get mosquito killing nights.

Brad Johnson:
Sounds like your opinion of yard work is similar to my opinion of yard work. I frakkin hate it.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version