Main Forums > Politics

Minneapolis police in the news again

(1/188) > >>

zxcvbob:
for murdering a black man during an arrest.  I'm sure you've heard about it.  I just watched the video.  I don't think race had much to do with it.  I assume the victim, George Floyd,  was resisting arrest and generally being a dick before the video starts.  But he was not resisting (and was reportedly handcuffed) for the 4 minutes the cop calmly kneeled on his neck to make sure he was good and dead.

The FBI is investigating; the State of Minnesota should bow out and let them have the first bite of this one -- the feds have the death penalty and MN doesn't.  And that's exactly what the state prosecutor should say in the press release.

Jim147:
I think they already fired four cops.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: Jim147 on May 26, 2020, 09:23:11 PM ---I think they already fired four cops.

--- End quote ---

Yes.  That's a lot faster than normal.  But without a criminal prosecution, they'll just end up hired by another smaller police dept or SO.  Or Minneapolis possibly forced by the union to rehire them with back-pay.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on May 26, 2020, 08:35:44 PM --- I don't think race had much to do with it.

--- End quote ---

90% of the MSM/dems and all of the race baiters are going to spend the next 6 months or more reminding you of the "fact" that race was/is the only issue.
Surprised I haven't seen something blaming Orange Man yet but I'm fairly certain somewhere someone is working on it.

I will say this, it doesn't look good for the cops involved I just wish the knee jerk "it's race!" reaction wasn't so automatic.

RoadKingLarry:
Wel, if you look at it from the perspective of the majority of the police it is a "race" issue. The police race and the subject race.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version