Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 85470 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #750 on: June 26, 2020, 09:46:04 AM »
Hey kids. Did you know that not engaging in criminal activity reduces to practically zero your chance of being killed by a police office and greatly reduces your chance of being murdered overall?
Amazing isn't it?
Yes I know, it's unbelievable. Probably just extreme far right wing propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #751 on: June 26, 2020, 01:30:24 PM »
More on that march in Louisville that's suppose to take place Sat
Hoping this stays peaceful but all it takes is one yahoo on either side for all hell to break loose

LMPD to close roads around Jefferson Square Park Saturday morning
https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/26/lmpd-close-roads-around-jefferson-square-park-saturday-morning/

LMPD plans barricades, increased presence downtown amid reports of counter-protests this weekend
https://www.wdrb.com/news/lmpd-plans-barricades-increased-presence-downtown-amid-reports-of-counter-protests-this-weekend/article_e2efae56-b7cf-11ea-9544-5b69c765bf19.html

LMPD increasing presence, closing streets Saturday anticipating opposing groups of protesters
https://www.wlky.com/article/lmpd-increasing-presence-closing-streets-saturday-anticipating-groups-of-opposing-protesters/32980353
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #752 on: June 28, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »
The above completely fizzled out.
Although last evening one of the more crazy protesters decided to start spraying the area with gunfire. One dead, one injured.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #753 on: June 28, 2020, 09:20:54 AM »
One set of rules for the masses another for the elites

After Voting to Abolish Cops, Minneapolis City Council Members Hire Private Security
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/06/27/after-voting-to-abolish-cops-minneapolis-city-council-members-hire-private-police-n2571462

The Minneapolis city council is comprised of 12 Democratic-Farmer-Labor members and one Green Party of Minneapolis member. The three members provided private security are Andrea Jenkins, Phillipe Cunnigham, and Alondra Cano, all outspoken supporters of defunding the police. So these leftists hire muscle to protect themselves but abolish cops who protect everyone else. Something tells me the private security guards don't have graduate degrees in social work.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #754 on: June 28, 2020, 09:41:16 AM »
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the level of stupidly involved here and just how massive of a tragic *expletive deleted*it pile all this could turn into. Social workers instead of police, what could go wrong?
Anyone care to guess what the murder, not to the mention the overall crime, rate is going to be?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:50:57 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #755 on: June 28, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
Yes there are crooked cops.
Yes there are police depts that need reforming.
But what they're doing is like setting fire to your house because one of the rooms is in need of new wallpaper.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #756 on: June 28, 2020, 12:38:31 PM »
Speaking of stupidity

“They requested a police presence, you know, for their safety at the ‘defund the police’ event.”
    pic.twitter.com/oPQmQlbAXK

— Eddie Zipperer (@EddieZipperer) June 27, 2020

Again I don't know whether to laugh or cry

‘I s**t you not!’ Video of officer explaining why organizers of ‘defund the police’ protest requested police presence MELTS irony detectors
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/27/i-st-you-not-video-of-officer-explaining-why-organizers-of-defund-the-police-protest-requested-police-presence-melts-irony-detectors/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #757 on: June 28, 2020, 08:25:49 PM »
Our mayor has offered to pay, with tax payer's money of course, for any protester's personal belongings that was damaged while the city was clearing their tents and stuff from their little occupation downtown.

:facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #758 on: June 28, 2020, 08:31:40 PM »
Our mayor has offered to pay, with tax payer's money of course, for any protester's personal belongings that was damaged while the city was clearing their tents and stuff from their little occupation downtown.

Politicians love giving away other people's money.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »

Didn't you have some really expensive stuff there? ;)

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #760 on: June 29, 2020, 09:05:36 AM »
They wreak my 80" tv I looted from the target.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #761 on: June 29, 2020, 09:06:40 AM »
Meanwhile in Detroit

Video captures Detroit police SUV drive through crowd of protesters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=qiKv85jUUaQ&feature=emb_logo
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #762 on: June 29, 2020, 09:16:00 AM »
Meanwhile in Detroit

Video captures Detroit police SUV drive through crowd of protesters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=qiKv85jUUaQ&feature=emb_logo

I may once again be a hypocrite, but I have a hard time calling out the cops, just as I would have a hard time calling out any other civilian, who escaped a violent mob by using their vehicle. I'm tired of being told that I should give myself to the mercy or the demands of people that are essentially kidnapping me. There should be a "Reginald Denny's Law" that protects people who want to get away from these nutjobs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2020, 09:18:34 AM »
I may once again be a hypocrite, but I have a hard time calling out the cops, just as I would have a hard time calling out any other civilian, who escaped a violent mob by using their vehicle. I'm tired of being told that I should give myself to the mercy or the demands of people that are essentially kidnapping me. There should be a "Reginald Denny's Law" that protects people who want to get away from these nutjobs.

Yep. If I was in that position, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have used the brakes as much, and there would have probably been more casualties.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #764 on: June 29, 2020, 09:25:04 AM »
Agree
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #765 on: June 29, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
Just had a liberal tell me on Facebook that all the attacks on people in their cars from the crowds blocking freeways are “greatly exaggerated...it’s just a little beating on cars, vandalism and graffiti” and then start on the commie *expletive deleted*it about wealth inequality.

I don’t know what it is about the liberals that cause them to deny reality and accept fantasy but holy *expletive deleted*it they are all infected with it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #766 on: June 29, 2020, 09:48:22 AM »
Just had a liberal tell me on Facebook that all the attacks on people in their cars from the crowds blocking freeways are “greatly exaggerated...it’s just a little beating on cars, vandalism and graffiti” and then start on the commie *expletive deleted*it about wealth inequality.

I don’t know what it is about the liberals that cause them to deny reality and accept fantasy but holy *expletive deleted*it they are all infected with it.

Much of their "reality" is based on other people's property being nothing more than a construct of capitalism. Property means nothing. That is, until you grab the $800 iPhone out of their hands and throw it on the ground.

Otherwise, "It's just a car." "That's what insurance is for." "Your property is repressive."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #767 on: June 29, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
In their mind there's two kinds of property. Property of the people and their property.
If it's yours then it's property of the people.
If it's theirs it's theirs.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #768 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:07 AM »
In their mind there's two two kinds of property. Property of the people and their property.
If it's yours then it's property of the people.
If it theirs it's theirs.

I can't remember where, but I once read some summary from the US commie party where they explained "property". Something like your home or car is not your property, but your phone, computer, or patchouli stash is.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #769 on: June 29, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
This stuff has the potential to get far uglier

The lies & tears of White women hath wrought:

-The 1921 Tulsa Massacre
    -Murder of Emmet Till
    -Exclusion of Black women from feminist movements
    -53% of white women voting for Trump.

White women are lucky that we are just calling them "Karen's".

And not calling for revenge.

— Karen Attiah (@KarenAttiah) June 28, 2020

SCREENSHOT: WaPo Global Opinions editor deletes vile tweet warning white women of ‘revenge’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/28/screenshot-wapo-global-opinions-editor-deletes-vile-tweet-warning-white-women-of-revenge/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #770 on: June 29, 2020, 10:19:23 AM »
Agreed. 

Looks to me like the officer got out of a potentially bad situation and went out of his way to avoid causing injuries.  If those idiots would not have jumped on his car or deliberately stood in front of the car, they wouldn't be at risk of injury.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #771 on: June 29, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=96VNL_1593408112

Looks like they both need some training, and she needs something a little better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #772 on: June 29, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »

Looks like they both need some training, and she needs something a little better.

Good to see people defending their property, but holy hell, those muzzles are everywhere. The woman looked like she was holding a drink instead of a gun.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #773 on: June 29, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »

Fun with media spin:
https://news.yahoo.com/couple-aims-guns-at-protesters-072204408.html

Missouri Couple Points Guns At Protesters Marching Past Their Home

A couple in St. Louis is coming under fire on social media after images and videos showed them aiming guns at protesters who were marching past their home on a private road.

Footage showed the couple, one with a pistol and the other with what appeared to be a semiautomatic rifle, shouting at the protesters and waving the weapons around. At times, they appeared to be pointing the firearms toward the demonstrators.

I 100% guarntee that someone will share the Huffpo spin on my Facebook 5 times before anyone mentions "defending their home".

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #774 on: June 29, 2020, 11:11:09 AM »
I can't remember where, but I once read some summary from the US commie party where they explained "property". Something like your home or car is not your property, but your phone, computer, or patchouli stash is.

The way I heard it, stuff for your personal use is considered a possession.  Stuff used to make money is considered property.  So your computer is a possession if used for games, and property if used for a small business, or Bitcoin mining, etc.

Of course, it's all nonsense. 
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama