Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86216 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2020, 09:58:32 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2020, 10:29:25 PM »
Little bit different here tonight, police backed up by Nat Guard. Every time a group of protesters bumps into them they scatter like cockroaches. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2020, 01:56:28 AM »
Yup...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:12 AM »
Protestors got owned. They were literally herded like cattle. I think there might have been a border collie or two masterminding this :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq6wzFo59jg
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2020, 07:54:55 AM »

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2020, 08:55:07 AM »
So they have vandalized the Lincoln Memorial now?

Also apparently several churches. Which, I saw yesterday that the Supreme Court denied churches the ability to hold services because social distancing and killing grandpa. I'm sure churches will be blamed for any new virus outbreaks after the riots and looting are over.

Looters getting free rein (or in current circumstances the often incorrectly used "free reign"), while innocent people are shot by soldiers with less than lethal weapons while standing on their own property minding their own business. These "protestors" are angry? I'm getting angry myself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2020, 09:05:15 AM »

Looters getting free rein (or in current circumstances the often incorrectly used "free reign"), while innocent people are shot by soldiers with less than lethal weapons while standing on their own property minding their own business. These "protestors" are angry? I'm getting angry myself.

Maybe that's the point.  They (the police? or their bosses?) are trying to provoke a civil war.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »
Maybe that's the point.  They (the police? or their bosses?) are trying to provoke a civil war.

They're doing a good job. Elderly white people seem to be popular targets.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267212624703479809
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2020, 09:17:18 AM »
Barr: It is Antifa.
Cops: It is Antifa.
Protestors: It is Antifa.
Antifa: It is us.
Blue checks: It is something else.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2020, 09:22:10 AM »
Barr: It is Antifa.
Cops: It is Antifa.
Protestors: It is Antifa.
Antifa: It is us.
Blue checks: It is something else. Trump
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2020, 09:32:58 AM »
Which, I saw yesterday that the Supreme Court denied churches the ability to hold services because social distancing and killing grandpa.

Nitpick:  SCOTUS upheld the law/order that limits the number of people who may attend a church service, or any other public gathering.  Church services are not banned.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
InRangeTV just posted this. Said he actually made it 4 years ago but was waiting for a time to publish it where it wouldn't be seen as a response to current events but he's now given up on that.

NOPD vs Unarmed Civilians - Danziger Bridge, Sept. 4, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FKkEF7F3M
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:10 AM »
So they have vandalized the Lincoln Memorial now?

Also apparently several churches. Which, I saw yesterday that the Supreme Court denied churches the ability to hold services because social distancing and killing grandpa. I'm sure churches will be blamed for any new virus outbreaks after the riots and looting are over.

They are tugging hard on a pin they think is attached to a grenade but it’s really a nuke that’s gonna cook them.

Hundreds of millions of guns, billions or trillions of rounds of ammunition...and all the owners are getting pissed as hell
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »
Protestors got owned. They were literally herded like cattle. I think there might have been a border collie or two masterminding this :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq6wzFo59jg

Give the protesters 30 minutes to disperse, don't allow them to disperse, then arrest them.  I guess it's a lot easier than stopping the looters and arsons.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2020, 10:05:31 AM »
Nitpick:  SCOTUS upheld the law/order that limits the number of people who may attend a church service, or any other public gathering.  Church services are not banned.

Yeah sorry, I should have said "normal services". Still, I'm aggravated about law-abiding citizens getting fined and jailed for not observing "six feet" (or paddle boarding with no one withing 1/4 mile) while the virus doesn't exist to the MSM and various local governments while this crap is going on.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2020, 10:06:12 AM »
Give the protesters 30 minutes to disperse, don't allow them to disperse, then arrest them.  I guess it's a lot easier than stopping the looters and arsons.

If you stop the "protestors" that are already breaking the law, you stop the looters and the arsons, as well.

If the authorities have done this earlier in the week, most of the business owners who just saw their lives and dreams literally go up in smoke may have been saved.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
Got sporty in Tulsa over the weekend. More fun expected.
Since I now work downtown Tulsa only a few blocks from where the party started my level of concern has ratcheted up a couple.of notches.  Time to reevaluate my SHTF contingency carry in the Jeep.
At least I'm working day shift now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2020, 10:45:48 AM »
The NC National Guard has been activated for "protests" in Charlotte and Raleigh.  A state of emergency was declared for Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.  Fayetteville and Greensboro had some sporty "protests" as well.
So far there has not been any activity in this area, but it's likely to happen at some point.  We do have rather lefty college university in the city, so it would not surprise me to see something catalyze from there.
I'm armed pretty much all the time now, even in the house.

edited:  It's a university, not a college.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:25:31 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
It's stuff like this that gives me hope for our country:

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1267269659524546565

"Antifa dude gets grabbed by peaceful protesters and delivered to the police line"

ETA:

I'm seeing more video evidence of peaceful protesters confronting black-clad antifa supporters engaging in violence and/or graffiti.  As usual, it's the fringes of society that cause issues for the majority.  I won't post links to all of them here, it's easy to find.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
It's stuff like this that gives me hope for our country:

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1267269659524546565

"Antifa dude gets grabbed by peaceful protesters and delivered to the police line"

ETA:

I'm seeing more video evidence of peaceful protesters confronting black-clad antifa supporters engaging in violence and/or graffiti.  As usual, it's the fringes of society that cause issues for the majority.  I won't post links to all of them here, it's easy to find.

What's with the Mandalorian dude at the end?  :laugh:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
Great, now they're flipping out over someone shot and killed last night by a Nat Guardsman reportedly returning fire. Don't know at this point if the guy shot had anything to do with shooting at the police/NG but I don't think that matters to many anyway if it means they can use him as a martyr

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
More on the AR incident in Seattle:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/01/total-badas-thread-makes-hero-who-disarmed-soy-boy-of-ar-15-at-seattle-riot-saving-countless-lives-look-even-more-amazing/

People were calling the security guard "Special Forces" but he was a former Marine. He actually recovered both the stolen ARs, and video down the link shows that the looters were firing one of them before he took it from them.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:57 PM »
They're doing a good job. Elderly white people seem to be popular targets.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267212624703479809

Old white guys with canes can't fight back. safe target.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
https://concealednation.org/2020/05/interactive-us-map-of-active-protests-and-riots/

And what do all, or at least nearly all, of those locations have in common?

Been 100% run by democrats for decades
- Calvin and Hobbes