Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86028 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #850 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:30 AM »
Bolded part <<<<<<THIS. 

The whole thing is a mess gone sideways.  The black lady & daughter didn't have to make a production and the mother shouldn't have gone behind the car, or hit it.  The white lady should have stayed inside.    Ought not have exited with gun.  And what kind of person stands there asking "are you going to shoot me?"  in such an unflustered voice?

Stay in the car.   Don't fuel the fight.   

A week or so I accidentally bumped into a lady at Publix while shopping.  I immediately apologized,  almost instinctively, really.  No harm no foul.    No excitement.   

The media, of course, are accepting the "victims'" version of the story, without any question. This report totally glosses over the fact that the "victims" attacked the white couple's car and blocked it from backing out of the parking space.

https://www.newser.com/story/293081/white-couple-pulls-gun-on-black-mom-kids-cops.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_crime
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #851 on: July 04, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
Qualified immunity and the Supreme Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mPJ5w9-XF4
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #852 on: July 04, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #853 on: July 04, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »
... and now The Little Mermaid is racist:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/denmark-little-mermaid-statue-vandalized-racist-fish-grafitti

"Racist fish"?   Seriously??
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #854 on: July 04, 2020, 01:05:04 PM »
Bring down the whitefish patriarchy!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #855 on: July 04, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »
White lady's gun handling, and handling herself in general was superb.

full vid i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcAJ2cLXN98

not superb, she gets out, racks the slide like she is on an episode of "24".
superb handling means one in the pipe and not arguing with morons.
husband was not helping either.
they were trying to reason with unreasonable people.
its like trying to tell the palestinians and israeli's to hold hands and sing kumbya

edited to add, the white couple - i do not think they were entirely unjustified - just no street smarts at all - they should have just let the idiots yell.
you can insult back without getting the cops called, cops are always called when the suburban folks pull guns.
i would have driven away while reminding them they're dumb
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:02:26 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #856 on: July 05, 2020, 02:09:24 AM »
i would have driven away while reminding them they're dumb

One of them stepped behind the van so they couldn't back out
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #857 on: July 05, 2020, 03:39:51 AM »

Obstructing traffic (probably doesn't apply in a private parking lot)
False imprisonment
Threatening
Vandalism (if they scratched or dented the vehicle)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #858 on: July 05, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

I always park so i drive forward to leave a spot, "tactical parking".
I've already considered being blocked in, something I thought about and devised plans for.
They carry unloaded guns - which indicates a mindset I cannot abide by.
Carrying unloaded guns people imagine that merely displaying the gun will force people to acquiesce.
 It didn't and doesn't work that way, a lot of people wan't to keep on yammering at the people pointing guns at them.

It would have been better to get on the phone with 911, and slowly back out anyway, telling dispatch you're scared of these people and are leaving .
even stupid ghetto dwellers get out of the way rather than get run over.

these folks carry guns, unloaded guns, they believe guns are magical talismans that make people obey.

they got their gun skills from TV and liberal hollywood not from Clint Smith or Jeff Cooper
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #859 on: July 05, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »
Protestors in Atlanta killed an 8 year old girl whose family inadvertently drove into the protest area. Multiple shots from the crowd struck the car and killed the girl. Like the comments say, why isn't this top news in the MSM? This was the first I heard about it:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/05/they-say-black-lives-matter-an-8-year-old-girl-was-killed-by-an-armed-mob-in-atlanta-and-why-isnt-it-the-top-story-in-america/

I say again, there should be a standing "shoot on sight" order for all protestors blockading public transportation routes.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #860 on: July 05, 2020, 09:45:38 PM »
sickening

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #861 on: July 05, 2020, 10:12:13 PM »
wow, this just took a turn

New information has surfaced in the Breonna Taylor case claiming the city targeted Taylor’s ex-boyfriend to bring in a new, large scale development.

The lawsuit filed on Taylor's behalf was amended Saturday stating the investigation into Jamarcus Glover was initiated as way for Mayor Greg Fischer to leave behind a "legacy" in the West End.

After the date of that presentation, the lawsuit claims, Glover began being targeted, residents evicted, and homes, purchased by the city, demolished. But, there were still lingering residents, such as Glover, that remained as an obstacle for the project.

Breonna Taylor lawsuit is amended, placing blame on the Mayor for a new development project
https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/05/breonna-taylor-lawsuit-is-amended-placing-blame-mayor-new-development-project/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #862 on: July 06, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »
Protestors in Atlanta killed an 8 year old girl whose family inadvertently drove into the protest area. Multiple shots from the crowd struck the car and killed the girl. Like the comments say, why isn't this top news in the MSM? This was the first I heard about it:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/05/they-say-black-lives-matter-an-8-year-old-girl-was-killed-by-an-armed-mob-in-atlanta-and-why-isnt-it-the-top-story-in-america/

I say again, there should be a standing "shoot on sight" order for all protestors blockading public transportation routes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTEemY1d0dc

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #863 on: July 06, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »

Protestors so peaceful people are dying!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #864 on: July 06, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
Protestors so peaceful people are dying!

Reminds me a little of "The religion of Peace" If you disagree with them they'll *expletive deleted*ing kill you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #865 on: July 06, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
Reminds me a little of "The religion of Peace" If you disagree with them they'll *expletive deleted*ing kill you. blow up
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:17:33 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #866 on: July 11, 2020, 06:07:34 PM »
The Federal government has (rightly, IMO) denied "disaster relief" to MN for the riot damages. If a governor wants to virtue signal and let the rioters run rampant, then the state gets to be responsible for that. I feel bad for APS members and other MN residents who get stuck footing this bill, but it's clearly a state caused issue.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/11/federal-government-denies-minnesota-governors-plea-for-aid-to-help-rebuild-after-george-floyd-riots/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #867 on: July 11, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »
The Federal government has (rightly, IMO) denied "disaster relief" to MN for the riot damages. If a governor wants to virtue signal and let the rioters run rampant, then the state gets to be responsible for that. I feel bad for APS members and other MN residents who get stuck footing this bill, but it's clearly a state caused issue.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/11/federal-government-denies-minnesota-governors-plea-for-aid-to-help-rebuild-after-george-floyd-riots/

The most logical reply in the whole bunch was, "Maybe they can ask their Good friends at Black Lives Matter to float them a few million to repair the damage."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #868 on: July 11, 2020, 06:55:15 PM »
I agree with him on this but I would set up a group to talk to the over 1500 business harmed by this and maybe find a way to help them while telling the sate and local government tgft. If it was anyone but Trump it would look good trying to help those mostly minority business.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #869 on: July 11, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »
I agree with him on this but I would set up a group to talk to the over 1500 business harmed by this and maybe find a way to help them while telling the sate and local government tgft. If it was anyone but Trump it would look good trying to help those mostly minority business.

*expletive deleted*ck 'em! They got exactly what they voted for. Good and Hard!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #870 on: July 11, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »
Might be better to help them move and set up business in the suburbs.  Since they de-funded the police there, it ain't going to get better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #871 on: July 11, 2020, 09:23:44 PM »
That's true or talk to them about moving out of state like some others there and Washington state have.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #872 on: July 12, 2020, 03:51:44 AM »
*expletive deleted*ck 'em! They got exactly what they voted for. Good and Hard!

With the systemic election fraud can that really be assumed anymore?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #873 on: July 12, 2020, 07:53:02 AM »

With the systemic election fraud can that really be assumed anymore?

I see what you did there. :)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #874 on: July 14, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
But I thought fences and walls were evil and didn't actually do anything

Fence to be built around Kentucky Governor's Mansion following protests
https://www.wdrb.com/news/fence-to-be-built-around-kentucky-governors-mansion-following-protests/article_c98f1d72-c5f6-11ea-bc86-4f848f83d814.html
- Calvin and Hobbes