Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 85969 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #900 on: September 03, 2020, 12:29:13 AM »
The riots when he gets charges dismissed or an acquittal will be worse than anything else we've seen yet.

I also expect to see a substantial amount of violence against random white people by blacks.  "Revenge" for George Floyd or something as a justification.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #901 on: September 03, 2020, 12:38:07 AM »
The riots when he gets charges dismissed or an acquittal will be worse than anything else we've seen yet.

I also expect to see a substantial amount of violence against random white people by blacks.  "Revenge" for George Floyd or something as a justification.
That certainly could happen.  Too many people have convinced themselves of their opinion and won't change it no matter what evidence they see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #902 on: September 03, 2020, 12:47:44 AM »
I also expect to see a substantial amount of violence against random white people by blacks.  "Revenge" for George Floyd or something as a justification.

Already started. Black guy stabbed a white autozone employee in the neck for "payback."

The evil people pushing this hoax1 have no idea the fire they are playing with.

Well, most of them don't. Some of them actually do want a race war, but that won't work out how they want either.

1: the "it's open season on black people! They're being murdered (by whites) just for being black!" hoax.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #904 on: September 04, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »
Wow, that image of the police training is interesting.

So... how do you restrain a huge strong man who is high as a kite without the risk of injuring him?   ???

It seems like any time you forcibly pin someone down there is a risk of them dying (of a heart attack, like Eric Garner, who was dogpiled, or Tony Timpa who had a knee on his back) or suffocation.  Most of the time, the person survives, obviously, but is it possible to restrain people with zero risk?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »
Wow, that image of the police training is interesting.

So... how do you restrain a huge strong man who is high as a kite without the risk of injuring him?   ???

It seems like any time you forcibly pin someone down there is a risk of them dying (of a heart attack, like Eric Garner, who was dogpiled, or Tony Timpa who had a knee on his back) or suffocation.  Most of the time, the person survives, obviously, but is it possible to restrain people with zero risk?
I don't think so. 

As they found out in New York a few years back, even if they stuff them in paddy wagon the suspect can still manage to break their neck.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #906 on: September 04, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »
If you dog pile them, they may die...

if you put you knee on the side of their neck, they may die...

If you put your knee on their neck, they may die...

so what do you do?   ???

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #907 on: September 04, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
I don't think so. 

As they found out in New York a few years back, even if they stuff them in paddy wagon the suspect can still manage to break their neck.

Baltimore. But point taken.

Anytime someone resists arrest there is a chance of death.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #908 on: September 04, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »
Sometimes you can't keep them alive if you wanted to, due to their having four times the lethal dose of fentanil in their system.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:57:58 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #909 on: September 04, 2020, 10:03:15 PM »
If you dog pile them, they may die...

if you put you knee on the side of their neck, they may die...

If you put your knee on their neck, they may die...

so what do you do?   ???

Let Officer Chompy make all the arrests? Mind you, I don't even really like cops but I am right back to where I was with Ferguson, cheering for them.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #910 on: September 16, 2020, 04:13:01 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here. 

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/09/15/with-violent-crime-on-the-rise-in-mpls-city-council-asks-where-are-the-police

For his part, [Police Chief] Arradondo told council members that the department has instituted several measures, including adding more officers to patrol and investigative duties and cracking down on robberies.

But council members told Arradondo that residents are hearing a different message from officers.

Council President Lisa Bender, who was among those leading the call to overhaul the department, suggested that officers were being defiant. Her constituents say officers on the street have admitted that they’re purposely not arresting people who are committing crimes.

Politics aside, human nature is only going to allow folks get *expletive deleted*it on so much.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #911 on: September 16, 2020, 04:20:13 PM »
" Her constituents say officers on the street have admitted that they’re purposely not arresting people who are committing crimes."

Why TF should they go through all of the hassle of arresting people for committing a crime when the prosecutor's office has pretty much thrown up their hands and are refusing to actually do their jobs?

I can't blame the police one bit if they're not arresting people for anything other than major criminal violations.

Who wants to get screamed at for 8 hours in a shift (if not longer), spend a couple hours processing someone and filing the required paperwork, only to have the prosecutors fail to uphold their responsibilities?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #913 on: September 24, 2020, 04:26:59 PM »
https://www.startribune.com/police-suspected-arson-levels-garage-at-home-with-trump-2020-flags/572507431/

I have my doubts about who started that fire.  Who the F is going to spray paint Biden 2020 on a garage that they are going to burn down.  Also, the husband was finishing up a COVID quarantine but was out 10 days ago when he had the troubling experience.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #914 on: September 24, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »
I have my doubts about who started that fire.  Who the F is going to spray paint Biden 2020 on a garage that they are going to burn down.  Also, the husband was finishing up a COVID quarantine but was out 10 days ago when he had the troubling experience.
I had the same feeling.  The anarchist A is also messed up.
Reminds me of the fake hate crimes where the swastikas get painted on backward.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #915 on: September 24, 2020, 04:46:12 PM »
A friend pointed out that some insurance companies have "civil unrest" clauses in their policies and won't pay for something like this.  So if the owner did it for the insurance money ...

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #916 on: September 24, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »
A friend pointed out that some insurance companies have "civil unrest" clauses in their policies and won't pay for something like this.  So if the owner did it for the insurance money ...
I wonder if isolated cases of arson separate from active civil unrest still count?
The "hoax hate" cases are often for the crowdfunded money.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #917 on: September 24, 2020, 08:17:23 PM »

In defense of the family "about 10 days ago" might mean 14...

We'll see what the police investigation finds.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #918 on: October 07, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #919 on: October 07, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
I'll be in the bunker

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #920 on: October 07, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »
National Guard has been activated by the MN governor for the Twin Cities.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #921 on: October 07, 2020, 09:34:34 PM »
Holy hell, they actually think feel charges have been dropped.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #922 on: October 07, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »
Holy hell, they actually think feel charges have been dropped.

Never mind, different case

We learned today that a police officer in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, will not face charges in the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old named Alvin Cole. The Milwaukee district attorney wrote a letter to the police chief saying there was sufficient evidence that Joseph Mensah believed deadly force was necessary. For what it’s worth, Cole and Mensah are both black.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/07/rioters-in-wauwatosa-wi-smashing-the-windows-of-homes-after-police-officer-escapes-charges-in-fatal-shooting/
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #924 on: February 14, 2021, 06:20:21 PM »
I think we all knew how this would turn out after cutting the budget last year:

https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-to-spend-6-4-million-to-hire-more-police/600022400/