Author Topic: Karen has been fired  (Read 8345 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Karen has been fired
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2020, 08:23:45 PM »
I find it intriguing that, just like the Karen in Central Park, this Karen also felt it necessary to lie. The other one told the police that a Black man had threatened her. This Karen told the owner of the property that she -- personally -- knew the owner of the property.

I have never associated lying with white privilege, but perhaps I've been overlooking something potentially important. Maybe it's like Islam. Muslims are allowed to lie to infidels when it furthers the spread of Islam. Are white Karens taught that it's okay to lie when it advances their social cause du jour?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2020, 08:39:15 AM »
I think people get in the habit of dismissing the small lies to the point that it is habit.  Some take it further than that.  Maybe she never had it crash back on her like this before or was oblivious to previous consequences.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »
I find it intriguing that, just like the Karen in Central Park, this Karen also felt it necessary to lie. The other one told the police that a Black man had threatened her. This Karen told the owner of the property that she -- personally -- knew the owner of the property.

I have never associated lying with white privilege, but perhaps I've been overlooking something potentially important. Maybe it's like Islam. Muslims are allowed to lie to infidels when it furthers the spread of Islam. Are white Karens taught that it's okay to lie when it advances their social cause du jour?

I believe it's more than just SJWs trying to further their social causes.  In my experience, many people feel justified in lying in order to get what they want, whatever it is.  The ends justify the means for many people.  It seems the left attracts those people.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 09:46:52 AM »
I believe it's more than just SJWs trying to further their social causes.  In my experience, many people feel justified in lying in order to get what they want, whatever it is.  The ends justify the means for many people.  It seems the left attracts those people.
That view is a trap.  I was told many times as a kid that the ends do not justify the means.  I wonder how many kids are told that these days, or learn it on their own.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2020, 10:59:33 AM »
That view is a trap.  I was told many times as a kid that the ends do not justify the means.  I wonder how many kids are told that these days, or learn it on their own.

I meant these people feel that the ends justify the means, I don't subscribe to that philosophy myself.  I could have written that more clearly originally.  I can relate many, many anecdotes of people doing or saying absolutely anything in order to get what they want.  My main point is that the behavior is exhibited in every aspect of a Karen's life, not just the political.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »
I meant these people feel that the ends justify the means, I don't subscribe to that philosophy myself.  I could have written that more clearly originally.  I can relate many, many anecdotes of people doing or saying absolutely anything in order to get what they want.  My main point is that the behavior is exhibited in every aspect of a Karen's life, not just the political.
Agreed.  I was thinking the general view she has of "the ends justifying the means" is a trap.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually you pay for it. 

JN01

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »
Agreed.  I was thinking the general view she has of "the ends justifying the means" is a trap.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually you pay for it. 

I don't know, there are some incumbent politicians that get away with it in decades long careers, in this life anyway.  God will settle things in the end.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2020, 09:08:38 PM »
I don't know, there are some incumbent politicians that get away with it in decades long careers, in this life anyway.  God will settle things in the end.

Doubtful.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

I dunno. If it's true that we get the government we deserve, I hate to think what atrocities I must have committed in some past life to ge burdned with political "leaders" like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »
I dunno. If it's true that we get the government we deserve, I hate to think what atrocities I must have committed in some past life to ge burdned with political "leaders" like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

That atrocity is the same for many of us: Failure to relieve ourselves of that burden.  And that would be in this current life.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2020, 10:26:39 PM »
That guy definitely believes the ends justify the means.

Q: How do you know when a politician is lying?

A: [____]

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »
That guy definitely believes the ends justify the means.

That said, there is nothing that justifies his ends.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2020, 12:16:33 AM »
Update: Karen (a.k.a. Amy Cooper) has now been charged with making a false police report.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/923971/new-york-woman-who-called-police-black-birdwatcher-charged-filing-false-report

Her attorney needs to get a clue:

After the incident, Amy Cooper was fired from her job. In a statement, her lawyer, Robert Barnes, said his client will be found not guilty, adding, "She lost her job, her home, and her public life. Now some demand her freedom? How many lives are we going to destroy over misunderstood 60-second videos on social media?" When asked for comment, Christian Cooper told The New York Times he had "zero involvement" in the district attorney's case.

Mr. Barnes, there was no misunderstanding. Your client called the police and lied to them. End of discussion.

I think this ties in with the link I posted elsewhere about the United States having too many laws. As that article stated:

What Americans forget, as Iranians have forgotten, is that self-policing is a much better option than the police. Self-policing will not protect everybody from harm because there will always be breakers of laws. But policing, while necessary, cannot replace the need for a virtuous citizenry. There is a greater cost for a society overly regulated by the government than one which is regulated by virtue, shame, and communities.

Proper behavior used to be regarded as a social contract, and laws were needed only to define the parameters of that contract. For most people, proper, ethical behavior was a personal responsibility, a moral imperative. It's sad that we have been moving away from that ... and the movement seems to be accelerating exponentially.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 12:24:49 AM »
He admitted threatening her. Don't forget that part the media keeps leaving out. They are both dumbasses but i think she will walk
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2020, 12:25:50 AM »
He admitted threatening her. Don't forget that part the media keeps leaving out. They are both dumbasses but i think she will walk

When and how did he admit threatening her?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 12:29:48 AM »
Iirc it wasn't a overt threat,  it was implied....about giving the dog some treats that might ....or might not ??? be poison.   It may have been a ploy to get the dog away from her and break whatever discipline she had ( :rofl: )  over the dog.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 12:31:28 AM »
This is a long read from today but I can search back to the original story and find this if you want.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/06/white-woman-who-called-the-cops-on-black-bird-watcher-faces-misdemeanor-charge-though-some-say-she-was-trying-to-get-him-killed/

If you are going to do what you want I'm going to do what I want and you won't like it.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2020, 01:45:17 AM »
Iirc it wasn't a overt threat,  it was implied....about giving the dog some treats that might ....or might not ??? be poison.   It may have been a ploy to get the dog away from her and break whatever discipline she had ( :rofl: )  over the dog.

I am well aware that Mr. Cooper made that statement. I didn't think of it as a threat then, and I don't think of it as a threat now. It certainly wasn't a threat against her life.

Mr. Cooper stated (after the fact) that he routinely carries doggie treats, and that he knows many owners don't like strangers giving their dogs treats. My supposition was -- and is -- that this is because many people prefer to only have their dogs respond to their commands. If a dog goes around accepting handouts from strangers, the owner's control is reduced.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2020, 03:36:52 AM »
Think of it as someone saying it to your wife or daughter alone. I don't care what color the person is.

How is that not a threat? Not the snacks you are not going to like it part?

Convince me.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2020, 09:45:15 AM »
"“Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.”

Yeah, sounds like thinly veiled threat to me- from one idiot to another.

LEOs and the courts shouldn't waste one minute of their time on these two bozos.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »
While not disputing the two idiots theory,  remember that she reported there was a man "Threatening her life".

That's more than just a veiled threat, and it was (I think) calculated to elicited more of a police response then the actual threat warranted.   In other words, she lied to the police to get them to respond in a way they wouldn't have.  That would seem to fit with the charge.

I would think any one of us would respond differently to "Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.” and "I'm going to kill you."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »
I would think any one of us would respond differently to "Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.” and "I'm going to kill you."

Nope, it is a threat.  It would have frightened me had I been the female idiot involved (I hate confrontation with strangers).  I would have gotten out of their asap, apparently the woman was too stupid to do that.

The female idiot may have thought the male idiot was going to poison her dog, for example.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2020, 11:18:33 AM »
Nope, it is a threat.  It would have frightened me had I been the female idiot involved (I hate confrontation with strangers).  I would have gotten out of their asap, apparently the woman was too stupid to do that.

The female idiot may have thought the male idiot was going to poison her dog, for example.

Even so, that's an implied threat to the dog, not her.  Maybe the judge can give her a little mercy.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2020, 12:00:00 PM »
Surely, Mr. Smollet will come to her defense.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife