Author Topic: NASCAR has just banned the Confederate flag from all events  (Read 8845 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: NASCAR has just banned the Confederate flag from all events
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2020, 11:28:33 PM »
NASCAR is dying on the vine anyway. Even before all this Kung Flu mess the stands had a LOT of empty seats if you paid attention during the races.

They keep changing the rules and format every few years and the drivers that most fans grew up with are retiring. Plus like football they like to tack on penalties/fines for stupid *expletive deleted*it.

If you pay lots of attention they have been removing stands at many tracks for at least ten years. And they curate those camera shots, tight don't show the stands. Bubba, Chris Bell, and Kyle Larson were the only reason to even check in on it for me, and they ruined that. Kyle Larson way more fun to follow now that he is back where he belongs, I think he is on something like eight straight Outlaws wins in a sprint. Nascar doesn't deserve Larson and Bell.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/noose-found-hanging-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall-talladega-nascar-says

So the black driver that called for banning of the confederate flag has a noose show up in his garage.

I haven't been following this enough to know there was a black nascar driver in the first place, but for said driver to join that particular sport and then whine about a popular symbol within the fandom?  It's like a vegan going to a bbq and whining about the menu.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I promise not to duck.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2020, 11:18:04 AM »
I lost all interest in NASCAR when the cars stopped having any real relationship with street cars some time ago. Can't even tell them apart nowadays. If not for a logo hidden among sponsor stickers I can't tell which one is a Ford, GM, Toyoda, etc....
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2020, 11:24:42 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/noose-found-hanging-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall-talladega-nascar-says

So the black driver that called for banning of the confederate flag has a noose show up in his garage.

I haven't been following this enough to know there was a black nascar driver in the first place, but for said driver to join that particular sport and then whine about a popular symbol within the fandom?  It's like a vegan going to a bbq and whining about the menu.

Once again my default opinion on this is "hoax/false flag"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »
Once again my default opinion on this is "hoax/false flag"
[/quote

Same, but he is not a whiner, decent guy. I suspect NASCAR or some other deep pocket is paying him to push the BLM stuff, he certainly isn't doing it for free. It costs 30-50K to get a second tier NASCAR driver to show up to a short track, do a meet and greet and maybe drive a furnished car. Everything is scripted.

Bubba is also the one that was called a racial derogatory by Kyle Larson, apparently a regular thing between them since they were syncing up online for Wallace to be Larson's spotter in a video game. Nevermind the sheer lunacy of a sport where even the video games come with spotters. Liven it up a bit, ditch the spotter and go for a rally co-driver instead. Plot twist, he is also the entire pit crew.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »
Hmmm

#nascarnoose solved. These images are all from the garages at Talladega SuperSpeedway.

Image 1 shows rope “nooses” are affixed to every garage bay door as a pull down.

Image 2 shows Bubba’s bay 4 in Nov. 2019.

Image 3 is of bay 4 after the incident. Notice the rope is cut. pic.twitter.com/2rHdSdgtOo

— James (@JamesEBeatty) June 23, 2020

NASCAR needs to respond to these photos suggesting the Bubba Wallace ‘noose’ was really just a rope used to close the garage door
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/23/nascar-needs-to-respond-to-these-photos-suggesting-the-bubba-wallace-noose-was-really-just-a-rope-used-to-close-the-garage-door/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:53:54 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
Hmmm

NASCAR needs to respond to these photos suggesting the Bubba Wallace ‘noose’ was really just a rope used to close the garage door
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/23/nascar-needs-to-respond-to-these-photos-suggesting-the-bubba-wallace-noose-was-really-just-a-rope-used-to-close-the-garage-door/

Wow that is even dumber than I could have possibly imagined!   [popcorn]

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
Wow that is even dumber than I could have possibly imagined!   [popcorn]

It took two left turns
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
As a species I am afraid we are devolving back toward swamp muck. That is the only explanation for the stupidity happening now. :(

bob

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »
Hmmm

Maybe it was fake noose after all . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2020, 02:50:06 PM »
Maybe it was fake noose after all . . . .

Zing!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »
You are all a bunch of meanies! Now back to the narrative

We're hearing from Bubba Wallace and NASCAR people that it's offensive and hurtful that anyone would question the veracity of the noose claim. Yet these people have the power to dispel the theory and embarrass those who advance it simply by showing us the noose, but refuse. Weird

— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) June 23, 2020
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/23/nascar-and-bubba-wallace-people-claim-its-offensive-and-hurtful-to-question-noose-claim-theres-still-just-1-big-problem/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:18:34 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2020, 05:58:49 PM »
No mention of it being a garage door pull rope and that that all the other garages have one just like it just that it had been there for awhile. I think they're embarrassed by how stupid this whole incident makes them look and are trying to sweep it under the rug. But I'm sure in the meantime this isn't going to stop the mob from continuing to protest over the "noose".

The noose found hanging in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway had been there since at least last October, federal authorities said Tuesday in announcing there will be no charges filed.

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said its investigation determined “although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.”

No charges in NASCAR noose incident involving Black driver
https://www.wdrb.com/sports/no-charges-in-nascar-noose-incident-involving-black-driver/article_ee25657d-b4d0-5111-8cae-734585bd917b.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:32:04 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
Not a NASCAR fan, but I'm disappointed with how fast they allowed another man to sleep with their wives on this.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
Jesus H Christ. We had to use FBI resources and likely $100,000 or more in tax dollars to identify a garage door pull rope?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2020, 07:42:42 PM »
... but it validates Bubba Wallace's feelings, so it was totally worth it.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2020, 07:45:49 PM »
Jesus H Christ. We had to use FBI resources and likely $100,000 or more in tax dollars to identify a garage door pull rope?

The "fact" that no charges are being pressed will forever be proof of how ingrained racism is in NASCAR and how the system is against the black man and will be brought up over and over again. Of that I have no doubt.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »
Now the question is will Bubba Wallace say whoops and move on or will he continue the charade? You know there probably are people egging him on to do the latter.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:17:18 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2020, 08:43:16 PM »
So are there any pictures of the noose? Was it a classic noose with a 13 loop hangman's knot, or was it a loop with a taut line hitch of a few coils?  Because I have to tell you, I tie a taut line hitch all the time in a length of line that I have to adjust.  But I would never call that a noose.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2020, 08:49:26 PM »
I can't take credit for this

Bubba Smollet
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2020, 08:51:49 PM »
Not only was there a "noose", but someone reported finding a burnt cross in the garage:

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2020, 09:02:18 PM »
So are there any pictures of the noose? Was it a classic noose with a 13 loop hangman's knot, or was it a loop with a taut line hitch of a few coils?  Because I have to tell you, I tie a taut line hitch all the time in a length of line that I have to adjust.  But I would never call that a noose.

My guess is a surgeons knot. Quick, easy, and makes a loop that won't pull tight. Good for a handle on a rope used to pull down a garage door.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »
Now the question is will Bubba Wallace say whoops and move on or will he continue the charade? You know there probably are people egging him on to do the latter.

Well I guess this answers that

‘He’s lost all credibility’: Bubba Wallace doubles down on the ‘straight-up noose’ in interview with Don Lemon
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/24/hes-lost-all-credibility-bubba-wallace-doubles-down-on-the-straight-up-noose-in-interview-with-don-lemon/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2020, 10:47:01 AM »
My guess is a surgeons knot. Quick, easy, and makes a loop that won't pull tight. Good for a handle on a rope used to pull down a garage door.

Surgeons - mainly wealthy, elite, straight, white men. So triggered right now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife