Author Topic: do you trust Bolton  (Read 3243 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
do you trust Bolton
« on: June 17, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-bolton-the-scandal-of-trumps-china-policy-11592419564

idk ..... i always liked him, but being anti Trump means invitations to parties and could be profitable
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: do you trust Bolton
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »
Not today.

I liked him once -- I don't trust him now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:31 PM »
I liked him wreaking havoc at the UN,  Since then I'm disappointed.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »

Kinda where I am. Maybe there's more to the story, but as of now, I don't hold as high an opinion of him as I have in the past.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »
Are his lips moving?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »
Probably butthurt that Trump didn't turn out to be the meal ticket for eternal Middle Eastern war he thought he'd be.
I promise not to duck.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 11:05:44 PM »
I don't think he ever saw a war he didn't like.  Typical GOP hawk willing to spend other peoples' kids lives.  His disdain for the UN was pleasant but he was still a swamp-thing, IMO.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 02:28:26 AM »
Bolton always struck me like a very squirrely and nutty version Ned Flanders whose main fetish is getting others into armed conflict and bloodshed... or maybe he just makes a lot of money off of it  ???
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 07:06:59 AM »
I don't trust any of the folks in the swamp.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »
I trust no one within the beltway and very few outside of it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 08:10:25 AM »
Probably butthurt that Trump didn't turn out to be the meal ticket for eternal Middle Eastern war he thought he'd be.

The Forever War's not over yet.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 09:37:29 AM »

This. Seemed a level-headed and no nonsense then. Now? Whiny, butthurt, and petty.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
Now? Whiny, butthurt, and petty.

Brad

I got that impression of him back then. He's just getting far more media coverage now now that he's a Trump hating media daring so it's more obvious than before. Before you just mainly saw him talking at the UN.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
I'm pulling this from Politico, since I can't access the article you linked to:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/17/john-bolton-book-trump-china-326563

"Xi, according to Bolton, complained to the president of unnamed American politicians who Xi said were wrong to call for a new cold war with China, a slight Trump took to be directed toward Democrats who he agreed were too hostile toward Beijing.

“Trump then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability and pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,” Bolton wrote. The president “stressed the importance of farmers and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome.”

So Trump wants to help American farmers sell food to China, which will help him get re-elected?

THE MONSTER!!!

We need to impeach him again!

;/

Seriously, this is what Trump did "wrong"?!?  Is it bad to sell food to China?  Is it bad for Trump to try and boost the economy so he can get re-elected?  Is there something I else in the original article that I couldn't read?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »
I'm pulling this from Politico, since I can't access the article you linked to:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/17/john-bolton-book-trump-china-326563

"Xi, according to Bolton, complained to the president of unnamed American politicians who Xi said were wrong to call for a new cold war with China, a slight Trump took to be directed toward Democrats who he agreed were too hostile toward Beijing.

“Trump then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability and pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,” Bolton wrote. The president “stressed the importance of farmers and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome.”

So Trump wants to help American farmers sell food to China, which will help him get re-elected?

THE MONSTER!!!

We need to impeach him again!

;/

Seriously, this is what Trump did "wrong"?!?  Is it bad to sell food to China?  Is it bad for Trump to try and boost the economy so he can get re-elected?  Is there something I else in the original article that I couldn't read?

If he had said it will keep illegals employed the media and dems would be celebrating it. Or not, got to remember Trump!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
The Forever War's not over yet.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

True... but I just calculated that Trump is the only President since Carter that hasn't started some sort of war.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 10:11:48 AM »
True... but I just calculated that Trump is the only President since Carter that hasn't started some sort of war.

Listening to the MSM I could swear he's started a
War on blacks
War on women
War on science
War on the Earth
War on brown Children
War on gays or whatever alphabet soup combination they want to use nowadays

- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 10:13:47 AM »
If he had said it will keep illegals employed the media and dems would be celebrating it. Or not, got to remember Trump!

No they wouldn't.  Everything Prez Trump says (or does) is bad in retrospect because he said it.  For example, "The sky is blue" would be racist.  If anyone else -- especially a Democrat -- says the same thing, they're fine.  And if he says or does nothing, that is even worse.  So his best strategy is to be an unpredictable ahole.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 10:16:13 AM »
No they wouldn't.  Everything Prez Trump says (or does) is bad in retrospect because he said it.  For example, "The sky is blue" would be racist.  If anyone else -- especially a Democrat -- says the same thing, they're fine.  And if he says or does nothing, that is even worse.  So his best strategy is to be an unpredictable ahole.

Why I added the last part.
Or Nancy P will come out and take credit for it, then it will be the greatest agreement in the history of agreements
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »
When it comes down to it, I recognize my knowledge of Bolton is almost entirely from media sound bytes.  From that perspective, he always seems pro-USA and anti-UN.  I like that.  

I don't know how much I dislike him so much as I don't know that I trust him especially if he wants to get us mired in more warfare.  He is also one additional person in a list of people who have gone full Anti-Trump after leaving his administration.  In general, most of those people have said things I don't like after going Anti-Trump (not just the anti-Trump stuff). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »
I strongly suspect that firings and resignations in the Trump administration are not handled in the usual Washington D.C. way that soothes egos, and automatically shunts people into cushy lobbyist and think-tank positions.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »
I strongly suspect that firings and resignations in the Trump administration are not handled in the usual Washington D.C. way that soothes egos, and automatically shunts people into cushy lobbyist and think-tank positions.
He probably automatically revokes clearances also.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
I don't think he ever saw a war he didn't like.  Typical GOP hawk willing to spend other peoples' kids lives.  His disdain for the UN was pleasant but he was still a swamp-thing, IMO.

Spot on.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »
No.

I never understood why Trump hired him.

He trashed George W.  Bush too.   That would have been a .... clue.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2020, 12:58:37 AM »
I just want to know if his book includes the Gorilla Channel material Michael Wolff was too chicken to write about.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife