Author Topic: America Began in 1619  (Read 4474 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:56:18 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re: America Began in 1619
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 08:03:42 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 11:41:12 AM »
And . . . shouldn't the people who today call themselves "Hispanic" be held responsible for the atrocities of Cortez, Pizzaro, and others?

That's different though.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »
And . . . shouldn't the people who today call themselves "Hispanic" be held responsible for the atrocities of Cortez, Pizzaro, and others?

They're "POC" and thus automatic members of the victims of white males class
The world is made up of two classes, white males and victims of white males.  
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »
And now this...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/22/a-new-york-times-writer-is-spreading-insane-anti-government-lies/

:laugh:

[tinfoil] The town I just moved to is about 1/3 black, and BLM just erupted here, because some cop did something stupidly. And I've been hearing fireworks almost every night for the past week or two. [tinfoil]

Pb

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
And now this...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/22/a-new-york-times-writer-is-spreading-insane-anti-government-lies/

:laugh:

[tinfoil] The town I just moved to is about 1/3 black, and BLM just erupted here, because some cop did something stupidly. And I've been hearing fireworks almost every night for the past week or two. [tinfoil]

or  [ar15]?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »
Some points about capitalism and slavery.

https://quillette.com/2020/06/22/the-father-of-capitalism-and-the-abolition-of-slavery/
I need to read that some more.  Thanks for posting it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
It might be a good time for President Trump to say something like, "On behalf of the Republican Party, I'd like to say 'you're welcome.' The Republican Party, of which I have the very great honor of being de facto head, ended slavery in this country almost 250 years after enslaved Africans first came to these shores. In addition, Republicans granted citizenship to the freedmen, and recognized their right to vote. It took the next hundred years to secure those rights against the white supremacist views of Democratic Klansmen, and other benighted souls. So to everyone who ever benefited from that, which I believe is all Americans, 'you're welcome.'"

You should be a Trump speechwriter.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2020, 09:24:53 AM »

+1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
They already got them convinced the Rs and Ds switched places in the 1920s. I guess some sort of secret meeting or something. Ask any recent college grad, they know it for a fact that today's Rs were/are the slave owners and klansmens
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:49:44 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2020, 11:14:03 AM »

I've spoken with the President about that, but we both believe I am more urgently needed where I am – helping to produce quality content for his beloved Gorilla Channel.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »
I've spoken with the President about that, but we both believe I am more urgently needed where I am – helping to produce quality content for his beloved Gorilla Channel.

Very true.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »

And miss the opportunity to fling poop at Pelosi and AOC?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »
They already got them convinced the Rs and Ds switched places in the 1920s. I guess some sort of secret meeting or something. Ask any recent college grad, they know it for a fact that today's Rs were/are the slave owners and klansmens
I thought I heard it happened in the 50's and 60's. 

It almost seems plausible from a distance maybe, but Texas didn't start voting in Republicans solidly in state elected offices until the 1990's. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2020, 06:12:59 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »
I thought I heard it happened in the 50's and 60's. 

It almost seems plausible from a distance maybe, but Texas didn't start voting in Republicans solidly in state elected offices until the 1990's. 

I think they use whatever date range is convenient for them at that moment
- Calvin and Hobbes