Author Topic: do you trust Bolton  (Read 3228 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: do you trust Bolton
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »
I trust Bolton like I trust Mexican gas station tap sushi
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »
I once thought rather well of John Bolton.

My regard for him has steadily diminished over the past 4 or 5 years.

(I think I could say much the same for SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2020, 08:11:12 PM »
I see him as someone who is very good at a few select things and rubbish in everything else

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2020, 08:34:35 PM »

me as well
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2020, 09:25:18 PM »

hear hear.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
I was for John Bolton before I was against John Bolton. :P :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »
I guess that is why early Presidential election polls are inaccurate.  People need to see the candidate speak and see him respond to a debate to get a better feel for them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »

Yep, pretty much the same here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »

hahahahh.

I was worried about, now a day later it seems as if the dinosaur media has already forgotten.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
It is my impression that he is almost certainly deep state and always has been.  This is based on his long and relatively successful career as an unelected apparatchik of the federal government.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
Interesting excerpt from Sarah Sanders' upcoming book. You never know how accurate this stuff is, but if this is an example of how Bolton played, Maybe he had me fooled in earlier times:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sarah-sanders-slams-bolton-as-a-man-drunk-on-power-in-her-forthcoming-book
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."