Author Topic: Looks like Atlanta is next  (Read 3453 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Looks like Atlanta is next
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 12:28:56 PM »
Two of my black neighbors brought this up and both said they would have shot him.
One then went on about how it was racist for the cop to do so the other was silence on that.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »
Two of my black neighbors brought this up and both said they would have shot him.
One then went on about how it was racist for the cop to do so the other was silence on that.

I wouldn't have.

For what it's worth, I have actual experience pointing loaded weapons at armed people acting threatening and deciding whether or not to kill them.  It doesn't make me the end all and be all of close combat tactics, nor a warrior monk or anything, but I have been in similar situations where I had to weigh all available info, rate a threat, and decide to shoot (or not) or order others to shoot knowing my decisions will be picked apart, so I can at least understand some of what he was going through with the adrenaline dump and trying to make a good call.  It's not the easiest thing in the world.  I get that.

I wouldn't have shot that guy.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 03:51:05 PM »
My post was on how his (their) view was that it was a good shoot but then turn around and call it racist because a (white) cop did it.

Me, I'm still not sure. On the good or bad shoot aspect that is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 09:12:25 PM »
Not Atlanta, but it is from GA. I can find nothing wrong with the mayor's post:

https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/bloomingdale-mayor-says-he-wont-resign/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »

He needs to run for a higher office.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 08:05:52 AM »

It's funny that his post is based purely on economics, but somehow the readers assume the race of those he's referring to . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2022, 07:58:12 PM »
Update
Charges dropped

Special prosecutor drops charges against cop who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta in 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/23/special-prosecutor-drops-charges-against-cop-who-fatally-shot-rayshard-brooks-in-atlanta-in-2020/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2022, 08:46:31 PM »
I had to remind myself this was the guy who fought with cops and was running away with the taser. 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2022, 07:03:05 AM »
Update
Charges dropped

Special prosecutor drops charges against cop who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta in 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/23/special-prosecutor-drops-charges-against-cop-who-fatally-shot-rayshard-brooks-in-atlanta-in-2020/

Oh thank God, we need so misplaced moral outrage combined with looting, burning, and wanton vandalism to take every one's minds off high gas and grocery prices.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.