Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39767 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JN01

• friend
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »
Just had a thought
Greta Thunberg Airport

Need a drink

Maybe two

Only gliders will be able to land there.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »
Only gliders will be able to land there.

Only gliders that have been towed aloft by carbon-neutral tow aircraft.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2020, 04:40:44 PM »
Apparently the term "master bedroom" is offensive
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2020, 04:51:51 PM »
That's what my wife thinks, but when I told her I wanted a mistress bedroom she got all upset at that too!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2020, 08:22:08 AM »
This might be my favorite example of cancel culture karma.

I watched this woman's video yesterday where she threatened to slash people's throats if the said something she didn't like (All lives matter). Now she's crying that her potential employer won't hire her because she said something they didn't like. Also for someone with a Harvard graduate degree, she speaks with the vocabulary of a moron.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harvard-grad-blames-trump-supporters-after-stab-video-costs-her-deloitte-job
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2020, 09:31:03 AM »
Only gliders that have been towed aloft by carbon-neutral tow aircraft.
Or fuel guzzling private jets of woke people who say good things about climate change.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/airplane-5-facts-you-dindt-about-the-comedy-230538825.html
I am not sure if this means the leftist jerks are going after Airplane! now or not. 

Zucker, though, stands by it four decades later. “It’s evenly laughing at Black people and white people. Everything is so sensitive nowadays, but when we show the movie, it still gets a laugh. People get it. It cuts through all the sensitivity, because in humor, you can’t be that sensitive.” On the other hand, Zucker notes that ZAZ made a point of road-testing all of their movies in front of preview audiences in order to spot jokes that crossed the line into meanness. “Sometimes stuff just isn’t funny, and that’s our fault. If the audience doesn’t get it, we haven’t done our job and we cut it out.”
Decent answer at least.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/airplane-5-facts-you-dindt-about-the-comedy-230538825.html
I am not sure if this means the leftist jerks are going after Airplane! now or not. 

If they do, this might be the very last straw.  [ar15]
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2020, 12:51:21 PM »
Is "Fat Drunk and Stupid" okay?
Excuse me, I'm be in the next room weeping for our country

On Wednesday the charter school organization The Knowledge is Power Program, commonly know as KIPP, announced that it will be retiring the slogan "Work hard. Be Nice." as school officials believe the phrase is counterproductive to abolishing systematic racism.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/alexcorey/2020/07/03/california-charter-school-system-to-remove-work-hard-be-niceas-its-official-slogan-n2571784

A few weeks ago, Dave sent a letter to all KIPP alumni, and I shared my thoughts with all KIPP staff; both acknowledged the ways in which the school and organizational culture we built and how some of our practices perpetuated white supremacy and anti-Blackness. pic.twitter.com/UsgWn5AW7R
    — KIPP Schools (@KIPP) July 1, 2020

"In recent years, I have come face to face with the understanding that white supremacy doesn’t just mean the public and hateful displays of racism; it applies to all aspects of the world that are set up for the benefit of and perpetuation of power for white people at the expense of Black, Latinx, and other People of Color.

"Work Hard. Be Nice." certainly has the outward appearance of promoting values that would make life better for every person who chose to espouse them. But to Barth, the idea of being nice and working hard offered too narrow of a future for children who might want to be lazy and mean in order to get what they want.  
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2020, 05:12:54 PM »
Looks like the Redskins may be giving up on the name fight

Washington Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ and consider changing team’s name (and they’re getting plenty of suggestions)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/03/washington-redskins-to-have-thorough-review-and-consider-changing-teams-name-and-theyre-getting-plenty-of-suggestions/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »
Looks like the Redskins may be giving up on the name fight

Washington Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ and consider changing team’s name (and they’re getting plenty of suggestions)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/03/washington-redskins-to-have-thorough-review-and-consider-changing-teams-name-and-theyre-getting-plenty-of-suggestions/

Lets offer them a few suggestions that don't involve cultural appropriation:

Washington Wimps
Washington Milque Toasts
Washington Cow Tows
Washington Suck Ups
Washington Doosh Nozzels
Washington Enema Bags
Washington Jack Wagons
Washington Submissives
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2020, 06:25:43 PM »
Isn't the Washington part racist also?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »
Washington Skins of Color.

I should trademark that and sell it to them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2020, 10:18:48 PM »
Here we have cancel culture canceling cancel culture. Or something like that. It's all very confusing, other than the one commenter who said that when these jackasses start their civil war against us, they are so delicate that things will be over in a weekend. We probably won't even need to fire a shot. We'll just need to make fun of their shoes.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/07/ironic-names-are-dropping-off-letter-decrying-an-intolerance-of-opposing-views-because-of-opposing-views/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2020, 11:39:29 PM »
Or fuel guzzling private jets of woke people who say good things about climate change.

Or, I suppose, people who buy "carbon credits." I forgot about "carbon credits."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2020, 11:40:46 PM »
Lets offer them a few suggestions that don't involve cultural appropriation:

Washington Wimps
Washington Milque Toasts
Washington Cow Tows
Washington Suck Ups
Washington Doosh Nozzels
Washington Enema Bags
Washington Jack Wagons
Washington Submissives
 :rofl:

Washington Doormats
Washington Waffles
Washington Whatevers

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2020, 12:33:35 AM »
Washington Continuing Disappointments
Washington Three-and-Outs
Washington Punters
Washington Swamp Things

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »
University Administrator Forced To Resign Over Study Finding No Racial Bias In Police Shootings
https://bluelivesmatter.blue/university-administrator-forced-to-resign-over-study-finding-no-racial-bias-in-police-shootings/
East Lansing, MI – Physicist Stephen Hsu has been forced out of his role as vice president of Research and Innovation at Michigan State University (MSU) after he promoted 2019 study that found there to be no racial bias in incidents of officer-involved shootings.

“The [Graduate Employees Union] alleged that I am a racist because I interviewed MSU Psychology professor Joe Cesario, who studies police shootings,” Hsu wrote in a blog post on Saturday. “But Cesario’s work…is essential to understanding deadly force and how to improve policing.”

Critics took particular exception to a line Hsu quoted from the study when discussing it in his blog.

“We found that the race of the officer doesn’t matter when it comes to predicting whether black or white citizens are shot,” the study concluded, according to The College Fix.

Cesario’s work argued that “contrary to activist claims and media reports, there is no widespread racial bias in police shootings,” Hsu wrote in his blog.

When they said "forced out of his role...", I am not sure if that means he was just kicked out of his leadership role or fired completely.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2020, 03:17:55 PM »
You can't argue against science. Unless it's an inconvenient truth.  Or something.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2020, 03:24:43 PM »
The truth must be defended against the evils of facts at all costs.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
You can't argue against science. Unless it's an inconvenient truth.  Or something.
You also can't really say they are trying to "argue" against science.  Mobs don't really do that. 

That said, "science" is fundamentally argument and debate.  Take that away and it isn't science anymore. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2020, 04:29:59 PM »
Science is racist. It must be torn down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »
They are running wild in Virginia since, as goes without saying, our governor is an idiot. Statues coming down in Richmond. Washington and LEE university faculty voted to remove Lee from the name, still has to go to board of visitors or whatever their oversight structure is. Nevermind he is the father of the modern university system due to how he ran the college. Or that he is buried there. Lee Chapel changed its name awhile ago just because. More locally the knives are once again out for Turner Ashby high school. They already got Lee High last year. JMU changed some building names this week because "confederate."

So, I think change JMU's name too, he owned slaves. While we're at it get Washington off of Washington and Lee University, slave owner. Change every place name in the country that references Washington, Jefferson or Madison. Tear TJs statue down from in front of the building he built at the university he founded. Get those nasty Lewis and Clark statues in town too, they were just looking for new people of color to oppress. Rename America, named for some Italian oppressor who was also seeking POC to kill and displace. Let's go whole hog and delete anything that offends anybody. Clowns.

Oh yeah, Liz, rename your cat, I'm offended.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
Oh yeah, Liz, rename your cat, I'm offended.  =D

Wait... What??  (I must have missed something)  Is the cat named "Blackie", or maybe "Thomas" (after Jefferson, obviously) or something?
"It's good, though..."