Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39791 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »
University Administrator Forced To Resign Over Study Finding No Racial Bias In Police Shootings
https://bluelivesmatter.blue/university-administrator-forced-to-resign-over-study-finding-no-racial-bias-in-police-shootings/
When they said "forced out of his role...", I am not sure if that means he was just kicked out of his leadership role or fired completely.

Crimes against the narrative. He should have chosen truth over facts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2020, 07:37:45 PM »
This is great.  :rofl:

This apparently popular white band who I never heard of changed their name to be less racist - into a name that unbeknownst to them has been used by a black singer for over 10 years. They are now suing her for the name.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/08/optics-band-formerly-known-as-lady-antebellum-files-suit-against-black-blues-singer-who-goes-by-lady-a/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2020, 06:31:08 AM »
University Administrator Forced To Resign Over Study Finding No Racial Bias In Police Shootings
https://bluelivesmatter.blue/university-administrator-forced-to-resign-over-study-finding-no-racial-bias-in-police-shootings/
When they said "forced out of his role...", I am not sure if that means he was just kicked out of his leadership role or fired completely.

I've been following this one. He couldn't be fired as a professor because of tenure, but he was fired from his position as research administrator.

For posting about studies done by people at the university because the studies disagreed with the university's stance.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2020, 06:44:52 PM »
I need a drink

Whatever, privileged white man with your liquor cabinet.

=D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
Whatever, privileged white man with your liquor cabinet.

=D

More like a bottle of rum on a book shelf.
Yeah I know, books = privileged white man
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »
More like a bottle of rum on a book shelf.
Yeah I know, books = privileged white man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzx8KHjQD6c&feature=youtu.be&t=24

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »
Asking all people to drive safely is a hate crime.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/09/this-is-hate-speech-purely-and-simply-mayor-apologizes-for-road-sign-reading-the-safety-of-all-lives-matter/

Well, then ... if only black lives matter, just change the sign to advise black people to drive safely. The rest of us are on our own. :duh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2020, 08:46:13 AM »
Well, then ... if only black lives matter, just change the sign to advise black people to drive safely. The rest of us are on our own. :duh:

That infers that only black people are bad drivers and need to drive safe.  So that is racist as well.  To the gulag with you!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2020, 10:22:45 AM »
That infers that only black people are bad drivers and need to drive safe.  So that is racist as well.  To the gulag with you!

Once the Gulags are full of white people, they'll complain we all live in gated communities, and demand integration.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »
Once the Gulags are full of white people, they'll complain we all live in gated communities, and demand integration.

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
Especially when crime is lower and the standard of living is higher in the new gulags than in NYC, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. that have come under new management and are running without police, fire, or EMS.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
I think they a are forgetting they need to change the hole name. That's how it works now right?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »
Now what about the Chiefs?
Guess they could always just drop the "i"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »
I have called them the chefs for years. My wife doesn't miss a game but I usually find something else to do.

In related news from KC area. The school district I went to is named after the Shawnee Indian Mission not far from the high school I went to. Of course the mascot was an Indian. They started the move to cancel it this weekend.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2020, 12:16:08 PM »
Wonder how long before they go after Savage Arms?

Doubt any of this matters to them

Savage Arms was founded in 1894 by Arthur Savage in Utica, New York.
In 1919, Arthur Savage was approached by Chief Lame Deer to buy rifles for his tribe in New York. Lame Deer offered to allow Savage to use his image as its logo in exchange for discounted rifles and an annual fee. As of 2018, Savage Arms was still paying the annual fee.[5]
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
Maybe Kansas City Chiefs should just change their logo to that of a Navy Chief and keep the same name.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2020, 12:42:24 PM »
Just rename Washington to Leningrad, it's no longer in use, and the Redskins to Communists
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2020, 01:10:12 PM »
AOC would probably complain that the city was being named for a far right wing extremist
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »
They should change the name to the Washington White Boys. The mascot can be a doughy sports fan wearing ceremonial headdress (batting helmet with a beer can attached to each side).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
Famed Archaeology Professor Fired After Photos Surface Of Him Wearing Nazi Uniform
https://babylonbee.com/news/famed-archaeology-professor-resigns-after-several-photos-surface-of-him-in-nazi-uniforms/?utm_content=buffer81b73&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tensions escalated when it came to light Dr. Jones once collected a signed autograph from Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.