Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39760 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Other national flags displayed by racist Nazi confederates:

The Nazi Eagle category

And these are obviously really swastikas.

And a wannabe confederate flag, here, of course.

And only a racist would fly this flag.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2020, 06:05:11 PM »
I think I'll take a trip to Trader Joe's next week and pick up one of every "ethnically named" item they sell. A normal person might think naming tortilla chips "Trader Jose's" is recognizing and complimenting that culture. I bet real money that 99.9% of the whiners are Prius driving honkeys.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/05/la-times-concerned-that-trader-joes-standing-by-their-problematic-branding-feels-like-a-betrayal-to-young-sjws/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »
Bosses wife back in the mid 90's hated when her dad stopped by. He would yell "Hosie".
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
They hit the rock

Plymouth Rock vandalized with white paint
https://www.wave3.com/2020/09/05/plymouth-rock-vandalized-with-white-paint/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2020, 04:45:21 PM »
Well, Beethoven is on the outs now.

So I guess I'm now only supposed to listen to music involving trash cans?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/15/vox-beethovens-fifth-symphony-is-a-symbol-of-exclusion-and-elitism-to-women-lgbtq-people-and-people-of-color/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2020, 04:48:48 PM »
Will whoever keeps asking "how stupid can they get?" please stop. They're taking that as a challenge
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:53:13 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2020, 06:49:45 PM »
Well, Beethoven is on the outs now.

So I guess I'm now only supposed to listen to music involving trash cans?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/15/vox-beethovens-fifth-symphony-is-a-symbol-of-exclusion-and-elitism-to-women-lgbtq-people-and-people-of-color/
Maybe we should light a candle for all the non-rich white people who were excluded from the Symphony all those years.  Remember what they did to Shawshank when he tried to play classical music to the prisoners. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
Geez, all this guy did is basically say he was unfollowing someone who told him to unfollow her because of his beliefs. He did as she asked, and he was kicked off the American cycling team because it "outed" him as a Trump supporter.

Even the woman who said she didn't want any Trump supporters following her felt bad about it. Apparently the entire US organized sports industry has completely lost its mind.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/american-cyclist-suspended-tweet-supporting-trump

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »
It's almost like they don't look at average folks on the right as people they just disagree with, but as mortal enemies.

You don't have to hate anybody, but you better identify who hates you.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2020, 09:06:31 AM »
I'm all in favor of looking at history and the actions of peoples without rose colored glasses.

Man's inhumanity to man is something we shouldn't hide or glamorize.

Mankind's history is drowning in blood and there is hardly an empire, nation, race, ethnicity, ideology or tribe that can be found who's hands aren't dripping in blood.

What I'm not in favor of is only applying that painful and brutal process of acknowledging reality to one group of humans while romanticizing and mythologizing another group of humans.

Tearing down a civilization without a proven functional plan B has got to be the stupidest idea ever. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »
. . .  So I guess I'm now only supposed to listen to music involving trash cans? . . .
You could do worse - at least it's not rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuY_k1WoH3Y
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
Geez, all this guy did is basically say he was unfollowing someone who told him to unfollow her because of his beliefs. He did as she asked, and he was kicked off the American cycling team because it "outed" him as a Trump supporter.

Even the woman who said she didn't want any Trump supporters following her felt bad about it. Apparently the entire US organized sports industry has completely lost its mind.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/american-cyclist-suspended-tweet-supporting-trump

It seems to me he is losing some money and reputation over this.  IMO, there is some liability.  I don't care what their policies are.  Looking at the link, he didn't say anything and supporting a major party political candidate should not be "divisive" or controversial. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Now the spin is that he is a racist.  He apparently waved with a black-handed emoji, and he himself is not black.
Note that I do not know for sure what color emoji he used as I have not looked at the tweets in question.  And it really should not matter what he used.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2020, 11:14:24 AM »
It seems to me he is losing some money and reputation over this.  IMO, there is some liability.  I don't care what their policies are.  Looking at the link, he didn't say anything and supporting a major party political candidate should not be "divisive" or controversial. 

It's a private racing team owned by two bicycle companies, one of which is Italian.  Trump may very well be divisive to a large segment of Trek-Segafredo customers.  Jamis notwithstanding, I remember most of the mountain biking world being pretty liberal when I raced 20 years ago.  I could see them being pretty SJW these days.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2020, 11:15:55 AM »
Now the spin is that he is a racist.  He apparently waved with a black-handed emoji, and he himself is not black.
Note that I do not know for sure what color emoji he used as I have not looked at the tweets in question.  And it really should not matter what he used.

Didn't some of these social media asshat companies just add a bunch of "emojis of color" because the complaint was that "white" emojis are racist? I see "people of color" still using white emojis all the time instead of their assigned color. Seems like a hate crime to me...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
It's a private racing team owned by two bicycle companies, one of which is Italian.  Trump may very well be divisive to a large segment of Trek-Segafredo customers.  Jamis notwithstanding, I remember most of the mountain biking world being pretty liberal when I raced 20 years ago.  I could see them being pretty SJW these days.
They may be able to fire him for any reason, but I hate to just accept that crap.  Since he really didn't do anything, I think he should push back. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
Didn't some of these social media asshat companies just add a bunch of "emojis of color" because the complaint was that "white" emojis are racist? I see "people of color" still using white emojis all the time instead of their assigned color. Seems like a hate crime to me...

Cultural appropriation at the very least.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »
I found this interesting:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/airbnb-proud-boys-member-million-maga-march

A member of the Proud Boys posts to social media (I can't tell if to Twitter or elsewhere and then someone else posted on Twitter) that he had his Airbnb booked for a Trump rally in DC. Some rando then contacts Airbnb and tells them a Proud Boy has a reservation through them. Airbnb cancels the reservation and bans the guy from Airbnb.

I'm not sure how Airbnb works, but shouldn't the landlord of the property have a say once the reservation was made? Also, will Airbnb ban any antifa members using their site for the inevitable counter-protest in DC?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »
Looks like Old Abe Lincoln is on the SJW must go list

A San Francisco district is planning to rename a school named after Abraham Lincoln because the former president did not demonstrate that ‘black lives mattered to him’.

The president, who is often held up as an American hero for abolishing slavery, is just one of 44 historical figures soon to have their names scratched off schools within the San Francisco Unified School District.

Wait … WUT?! San Francisco to rename Abraham Lincoln High School because he didn’t ‘demonstrate that black lives mattered to him’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/12/15/wait-wut-san-francisco-to-rename-abraham-lincoln-high-school-because-he-didnt-demonstrate-that-black-lives-mattered-to-him/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »
I found this interesting:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/airbnb-proud-boys-member-million-maga-march

A member of the Proud Boys posts to social media (I can't tell if to Twitter or elsewhere and then someone else posted on Twitter) that he had his Airbnb booked for a Trump rally in DC. Some rando then contacts Airbnb and tells them a Proud Boy has a reservation through them. Airbnb cancels the reservation and bans the guy from Airbnb.

I'm not sure how Airbnb works, but shouldn't the landlord of the property have a say once the reservation was made? Also, will Airbnb ban any antifa members using their site for the inevitable counter-protest in DC?

Airbnb has gone full woke,  I got an email this past summer re affirming their goodboy status.  Think it was around Fathers Day ( The unofficial homo holiday).
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »
Anne Boleyn, 2nd wife of Henry VIII is now black
Can we please stop rewriting history?

TUDOR FURY Jodie Turner Smith pictured as Anne Boleyn for the first time after new Channel 5 drama sparked race row
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13481909/jodie-turner-smith-anne-boleyn-pictured-channel-5/

- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2020, 04:02:51 PM »

TUDOR FURY Jodie Turner Smith pictured as Anne Boleyn for the first time after new Channel 5 drama sparked race row
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13481909/jodie-turner-smith-anne-boleyn-pictured-channel-5/
Does she lead the Cyborg Army to victory?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »

Shakespeare is now black too, why shouldn't boleyn turn out to be a secret queen?  

The whole thing is funny,  but this guy here is a riot

https://youtu.be/WDzPwnctqLM?t=577
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »
Does she lead the Cyborg Army to victory?

She nearly did, but some guy with a blue police box and a mechanical dog showed up and ruined the party.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama