Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 852 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
4th of July
« on: June 26, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/26/dc-mayor-muriel-bowster-social-distance-coronavirus-fourth-july-george-floyd-protests/

After about 5 minutes, the most of what I've come up with to say about this are not things I'm willing to put on a public forum.

I'm about fed up with this sh!#. I will be going out to watch the fireworks on the 4th.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »
I thought we all agreed that 4th July Independence Day is now 20th August Slaves Arriving at Jamestown Thereby Founding America Day.

Besides, aren't fireworks racist?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »
people have been shooting off fireworks every night for a couple of weeks.  Don't know what that's about.  It makes my dog uneasy; I tell her she's supposed to be a gun dog and should *like* fireworks but she doesn't believe me.  OTOH, she doesn't really seem to be all that scared of them either, just wants to stick to me until they are over.

I haven't heard if the city is cancelling this year's 4th of July concert in the park with fireworks after.  If they do, I might have to dig out my stash of fireworks (mostly 2" mortars and some big strings of firecrackers) and make some noise.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 07:18:13 PM »
people have been shooting off fireworks every night for a couple of weeks.  Don't know what that's about. 

It's apparently part of some of these protests.  I was reading that in some areas, fireworks were being dropped off same as the pallets of bricks were.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 07:32:10 PM »
I thought we all agreed that 4th July Independence Day is now 20th August Slaves Arriving at Jamestown Thereby Founding America Day.

I don't know anything about all of that. I'm still working to assimilate the news that the original Thanksgiving Day was a celebration of the Pilgrims massacring the local indigenous population.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 07:57:09 PM »
Only the ones with white sparks or flames.

FOCs (Fireworks Of Color) are acceptable . . . at least, so long as they're set off by POCs.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »

Chinese, so cultural appropriation. I appropriated some very not Ralph Northam approved fireworks last time I was in West Virginia.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 10:18:01 PM »
Chinese, so cultural appropriation. I appropriated some very not Ralph Northam approved fireworks last time I was in West Virginia.

I usually get mine in Eagleville, MO when driving through. :)
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
Bethany, Mo is my family's home
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG