Author Topic: Mount Rushmore + 4th of July = White Supremacy  (Read 2071 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Mount Rushmore + 4th of July = White Supremacy
« on: June 30, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
I have to believe that throughout the US, there are millions of Democrats with whom I may politically disagree, but that are still Americans who have families, jobs, go to church (or not), have weekend barbecues, and are otherwise generally happy to be Americans. Can the DNC be so out of touch to alienate them by suggesting a 4th of July celebration at Mount Rushmore makes them all white supremacists (including the non-white dems)? 

They are continuing Hillary's "deplorable" work and alienating millions of potential voters. I mean, 4th of July at Mount Rushmore. They might as well start wearing their Taliban t-shirts out in public.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-delete-tweet-accusing-trump-for-glorifying-white-supremacy-at-scheduled-fourth-of-july-event-at-mt-rushmore

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Mount Rushmore + 4th of July = White Supremacy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 09:50:33 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
If they wanted to divide this country to the point of civil war what do you think they would do differently?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 03:01:41 PM »
No idea if this is real or not

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/antifa-to-desecrate-gettysburg-national-cemetery-on-july-4-the-murder-burn-white-suburbs-under-cover-of-fireworks

Probably not real.  Hal Turner makes right wing nut jobs look like lefty nut jobs if you look into his background.

It's been pretty routine for illegal fireworks to be used in the weeks leading up to and after both the 4th of July and New Years holidays.  Everywhere I have lived across the country it's been quite common.  Nothing new here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 03:02:34 PM »
No idea if this is real or not

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/antifa-to-desecrate-gettysburg-national-cemetery-on-july-4-the-murder-burn-white-suburbs-under-cover-of-fireworks

Sounds like actions intended to commit arson and serious bodily injury.  Deadly force is allowed.    

Hopefully, this is just a rumor and they don't actually attempt it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 03:17:09 PM »
ANTIFA usually attacks in Hyenas like packs lone isolated individuals not whole herds.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »
So far (key words there) the rioters/looters have been content to keep their silliness downtown here in Portland.

Last week that changed when they went after Portland Police's North Precinct.  

North Precinct attacked

Interestingly enough, North Portland has historically been a primarily black neighborhood, so the looting and arson that followed primarily impacted minority owned businesses.

We're far enough out in the 'burbs that I'm not horribly worried about ANTIFA/BLM/Whomever getting frisky in my particular neighborhood.  However, I have all the AR mags topped off, I've talked with neighbors I trust (most of them) about *IF* (and everyone agrees that it's a miniscule probability) things get crazy squirrely what's our plan.  We've got a couple of decent choke points into the neighborhood that would be easy to block off w/ vehicles, things along those lines.  We spend a lot more time talking about other emergency preparedness type of stuff.  
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »
I figure as long as they are tolerated in one location, they are going to try to branch out until they are stopped.  Hopefully the stopping doesn't get people put in jail.

If things get bad in your area, you probably will need people up and watching all night.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 03:00:26 PM »
I figure as long as they are tolerated in one location, they are going to try to branch out until they are stopped.  Hopefully the stopping doesn't get people put in jail.

If things get bad in your area, you probably will need people up and watching all night.

Yep.   We also discussed the fact that if something like this *did* happen and they were stopped from entering the neighborhood, we would need to continue to watch and take precautions because I would not be in the least surprised to have an antifa thug lob a molotov cocktail at a house in the middle of the night.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 07:31:15 PM »
Related: National Parks are white supremacists.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/02/the-outdoors-is-systemically-racist-abc-news-reports-national-parks-face-existential-crisis-over-race-are-stubbornly-white/

Tangential: I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing "systemic". The snowflakes learned a new word and now they can't say or write anything without mentioning it twice per sentence.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 07:33:22 PM »
Tangential: I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing "systemic". The snowflakes learned a new word and now they can't say or write anything without mentioning it twice per sentence.

The only systemic problem we have is idiocy.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 07:36:13 PM »
Related: National Parks are white supremacists.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/02/the-outdoors-is-systemically-racist-abc-news-reports-national-parks-face-existential-crisis-over-race-are-stubbornly-white/

"77% of national park visitors are white"

Maybe that's because 76.3% of Americans just happen to be white DUH! https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 09:23:12 PM »
The only systemic problem we have is idiocy.

Teach them a new word.   Endemic.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »
Word is that Trump is going to be giving a fiery speech tonight coming down hard on looters and statue destroyers. In the meantime, the left is  blocking roadways with vehicles that have had their wheels removed in an effort to keep people from attending the rally.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/03/roadblock-protesters-removed-the-tires-from-vans-and-are-attempting-to-keep-trump-supporters-from-mount-rushmore/

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 07:58:34 PM »
Word is that Trump is going to be giving a fiery speech tonight coming down hard on looters and statue destroyers. In the meantime, the left is  blocking roadways with vehicles that have had their wheels removed in an effort to keep people from attending the rally.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/03/roadblock-protesters-removed-the-tires-from-vans-and-are-attempting-to-keep-trump-supporters-from-mount-rushmore/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »

How long before they combine that with firing on the people stopped or slowed down in the roadway? 'Cuz nothing seems to be getting less crazy this year.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 10:35:22 PM »
Well, from updates it appears the protestors kept a bunch of Trump supporters from making it through the gates before they closed. Fifteen protestors arrested, but too little too late. They should have had tow trucks there 10 minutes after the wheels came off the blockading vehicles.

If Joe Biden ever gets the balls to hold a rally, I hope a bunch of people with five ton trucks show up and do the same thing to him.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 10:43:04 PM »

If Joe Biden ever gets the balls to hold a rally, I hope a bunch of people with five ton trucks show up and do the same thing to him.

Why would they bother? His rallies will be 90% media
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 12:21:36 AM »
Well, from updates it appears the protestors kept a bunch of Trump supporters from making it through the gates before they closed. Fifteen protestors arrested, but too little too late. They should have had tow trucks there 10 minutes after the wheels came off the blockading vehicles.

The best thing the hard right could do is dox the hell out of these brownshirt goons.  Then the problem sorts itself out.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 06:56:39 AM »
Meanwhile at the AP  

Trump pushes racial division, flouts virus rules at Rushmore
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/trump-pushes-racial-division-flouts-virus-rules-at-rushmore/article_00ee25f8-1248-57d9-a4b4-e6109d315993.html

In a nutshell Trump
Hates blacks
Thumbed his nose at the Native Americans
Is spreading C19
Is starting forest fires
Is a meanie

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:27:38 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »
Meanwhile at the AP  

The entire MSM is touting Trump at Rushmore as evil racism. Luckily, the Internet is forever and there are quotes popping up from CNN and other hypocrites in 2016 and earlier where they talk about the majesty and greatness of Mount Rushmore. You can maybe take a guess at which politicians were giving speeches there at the time.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
The entire MSM is touting Trump at Rushmore as evil racism. Luckily, the Internet is forever and there are quotes popping up from CNN and other hypocrites in 2016 and earlier where they talk about the majesty and greatness of Mount Rushmore. You can maybe take a guess at which politicians were giving speeches there at the time.

The one that poops marble?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
Diametrically opposed takes on Trump's speech yesterday:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/04/talking-point-status-received-washington-post-spin-on-trumps-mt-rushmore-speech-is-exactly-what-you-expected/

I heard snippets and thought they were just excellent. Especially that Americans bow the knee for no man.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 11:38:56 AM »

Trump needs to do more than just give a great speech.