Main Forums > The Roundtable

Well, Now Youtube TV Sucks Too.

(1/5) > >>

Ben:
Holy hell Youtube TV, you have a lot of nerve!

I've actually been pretty happy with it for the year that I've had it, but just now got an email telling me, "Good news Ben! We're adding the following channels that you love to watch! BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.

I don't watch any of them. To add insult to injury, in order to do me this favor, they just raised my monthly rate from $50 to $65 a month. That's a *expletive deleted*ing 30% increase for eight crappy channels. Have they lost their minds?

Now I'm back to searching for another provider. Maybe Hulu? I was avoiding them because of their politics, but honestly, Youtube/Google is as bad or worse. Any new kids on the block I should check out?

charby:
I have sling for the past 4.5 years, I think Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and other 24/7 news networks suck, so I'm fine with not having very many of them in the cheapest package.

Jim147:
I have AT&T, Hulu, prime and maybe another. Much cheaper than my basic Dish bill was.

WLJ:
Love how services like this often promote themselves as an alternative to cable then turn around and do the exact same things you hate about cable.

Ben:

--- Quote from: WLJ on June 30, 2020, 06:02:25 PM ---Love how services like this often promote themselves as an alternative to cable then turn around and do the exact same things you hate about cable.

--- End quote ---

Yup, they're basically turning into cable. I'm consistently complaining about every freakin' network starting their own subscription service and having to sign up with like a dozen services to get twenty channels, but that almost looks to be the most cost effective. Honestly my main live tv program that I like is Fox Business Network in the morning. Maybe it's worth it to just sign up for the stupid Fox service for that, and wait a year to watch my other shows on the Netflix and the Amazon.

A quick look shows Hulu to be $55 now, and $65, same as Youtube, if you add the same number of DVD hours. Though the 50 with standard Hulu is already way more than I need. I'll still have to do some current service comparisons and see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version