Author Topic: The Boys Season 2 Trailer  (Read 1185 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The Boys Season 2 Trailer
« on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:06 AM »
I heard a new trailer came out for The Boys season 2.  Below is what came up on youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In_ioKtAZmE

I think this is the actual trailer.  Pretty bloody, but I guess that is normal for that show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dSIuDM20lc     

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Boys Season 2 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 10:06:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZEPgBqAu8&pp=wgIECgIIAQ%3D%3D&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=T4UXnELDUA-xzLRy:6

Saw this short clip today of the upcoming season.  More of the low brow comedy with the Deep.    =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:54:30 PM »
Well, while the episodes are pretty good in season 2, the SJW writers at Amazon had to do it to me again. Slight spoilers, so some white space:

So the supes are the result of early nazi master race experimentation. Okay, fine - common plot twist. However the nazi supermen are also "anti-immigrant patriots" who want to shut the border down, and complain how the US is being "muddied" by foreigners. Basically they're being cast as unlikable and evil conservatives while the people fighting for truth and justice are progressives. Way to sour me on the series, Amazon. Hooray for deplorable supes.

Oh yeah, there's also one scene where the good guys carjack someone and he pulls a gun out to defend himself. They kill him, and the dialogue makes him the bad guy for defending himself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 12:46:32 AM »
The last part I agree with.  The Nazi stuff came from the comic from what I hear.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 08:51:20 AM »
The last part I agree with.  The Nazi stuff came from the comic from what I hear.

Like I said, the WW2 nazi stuff is a common device, and even being a kraut, I don't care. I don't even think about it outside of the plot of whatever it's in.

The tying Trump/conservative talking points (which are themselves twisted from the actual talking points) into the nazi-developed supes, or just by itself into the "evil" characters, is what annoys me, especially because this is like the bazillionth Amazon/Netflix series that has done this in the last few years. It just sours what are otherwise good shows because it's so overt.

It's like they have to run every show past "the squad" before it gets developed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »
I dumped Netflix because of all the drivel, SJW crap, overuse of profanity, graphic homo and hetero sex and other dreck inserted into basically good plots.  Now I'm finding Amazon doing all of that plus adding extra charges to watch stuff that was free 6 mos ago.  When I find a movie or a series on Amazon, it usually doesn't take more than 10 minutes to see whether it's crappy or not.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »
overuse of profanity, graphic homo and hetero sex and other dreck

That's why I signed up!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
So, why do you all watch shows written by people that hate you?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »

You mean like Firefly?

Because sometimes they can keep their beliefs separate from their shows. That has all changed since 2016.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »

Yeah, but EVERYBODY hates him, so if that were a factor he wouldn't have anything at all to watch...  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »

Yeah, but EVERYBODY hates him, so if that were a factor he wouldn't have anything at all to watch...  :rofl:

=D