Author Topic: NFL going full Kaepernick  (Read 3066 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
NFL going full Kaepernick
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:16:24 AM »
You never go full Kaepernick

The New York Post reports:

According to ESPN, the league will have renditions of “Lift Every Voice And Sing,” traditionally known as the Black national anthem, played before “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the NFL’s regular season gets underway.

The NFL is also considering other ways to recognize the victims of police brutality during the upcoming season, which is slated to start on Sept. 10. Among those ideas is listing the names of victims on helmet decals or jersey patches, per ESPN.

The decision comes in the weeks after commissioner Roger Goodell admitted the league fumbled its handling of previous peaceful protesting done by players.

NFL to play the black national anthem before the (white?) national anthem before games this season
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/02/nfl-to-play-the-black-national-anthem-before-the-white-national-anthem-before-games-this-season/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: NFL going full Kaepernick
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »
And he still doesn't have a job!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 11:11:31 AM »
^^^Seattle has been talking to him off and on recently.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

Barring injury, with Wilson on the team, does he realistically see playing time?  If he rides the bench is he being repressed?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:34:32 PM »
I don't think he will play.  I think it is just for show.  Nike is paying him to do very little.  If he actually made it on the field and showed how average he is, it would hurt his image. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/18/seahawks-and-ravens-are-frontrunners-to-sign-colin-kaepernick/

The oddsmakers are putting forth either Baltimore or Seattle to sign him.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
I think the Ravens might be a reach given what happened a few years back

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 04:10:32 PM »

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html

Ray Lewis: Ravens were ready to sign Colin Kaepernick until 'racist gesture' by girlfriend

Was it this one?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 04:38:37 PM »
from the article

Nessa Diab compared Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and Lewis, a longtime face of the franchise, to characters from "Django Unchained": Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner and Samuel L. Jackson's loyal house slave, respectively.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
The Redskins should refuse to change their name and hire Kaepernick.  :rofl:
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
The Redskins should refuse to change their name and hire Kaepernick.  :rofl:

Or change their name to Skins of Color.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 07:00:13 PM »

Hmmm ...

Kaepernick's decision to kneel during the national anthem last season, which he said was to protest racial injustice, has gained public support in recent weeks from NFL stars like Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton.

I was a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers. [Note the use oof the past tense.]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 11:38:31 PM »

The Seahawks or CHOP?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 08:22:42 AM »
Maybe he used to be a good quarterback, but now he's not. Just like he used to like the 4th, but now he doesn't.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/04/we-reject-your-celebration-of-white-supremacy-colin-kaepernicks-not-nearly-as-easy-going-about-the-4th-of-july-as-he-was-a-few-years-ago/

This moron is a guy molded by his girlfriend and other manipulators. If you look up "useful idiot" in the dictionary, there's his picture.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 08:47:05 AM »
Maybe he used to be a good quarterback, but now he's not. Just like he used to like the 4th, but now he doesn't.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/04/we-reject-your-celebration-of-white-supremacy-colin-kaepernicks-not-nearly-as-easy-going-about-the-4th-of-july-as-he-was-a-few-years-ago/

This moron is a guy molded by his girlfriend and other manipulators. If you look up "useful idiot" in the dictionary, there's his picture.

And like many other celebrities who have become addicted to fame he'll do or say whatever he thinks will get him his next fame hit. The further he sticks his foot up his mouth the more media trucks show up at his home.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 02:26:49 PM »

Some non-whites, apparently, can't bear the thought of whites doing anything that's not about them. It all has to be an elaborate racial plot.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
 a lot of people pick on Colin, but he throws better interceptions than anyone in football history!

anyway, I only watched football when i was a late stage alcoholic, once I quit drinking, it quickly became boring.
 my sundays are spent watching prepper/shooting/motorcycle stuff
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 05:01:59 PM »
NFL should hire Kaepernick and send him to a different team every week.  Then he could kneel in every stadium and be in the Book of Records or whatever the heck they call the Book that the Lions are in as the opposing team for every NFL record.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
No F'ing Longer interested in them.  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 10:59:37 AM »
Now Disney

The Walt Disney Company today announced an overall first-look deal with Colin Kaepernick’s production arm Ra Vision Media. The partnership will focus on telling scripted and unscripted stories that explore race, social injustice and the quest for equity, and will provide a new platform to showcase the work of Black and Brown directors and producers. The first-look deal will extend across all Walt Disney Platforms including Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Hulu, Pixar, and The Undefeated. Kaepernick will work closely with The Undefeated, which is expanding its portfolio across Disney, to develop stories from the perspective of Black and Brown communities.

Disney strikes a brand new production deal for social activist content with Colin Kaepernick, and it gets more woke from there
https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2020/07/06/disney-strikes-a-brand-new-production-deal-for-social-activist-content-with-colin-kaepernick-and-it-gets-more-woke-from-there/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »
As if I needed another reason to not give a *expletive deleted*it about the NFL.
You're getting paid to play football not shove your politics down my throat

NFL will allow social justice phrases on helmets this season
https://www.foxla.com/news/nfl-will-allow-social-justice-phrases-on-helmets-this-season?taid=6133786805de4d0001e76f3e&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Players can choose from the following: "End Racism," "Stop Hate," "It Takes All of Us," "Black Lives Matter," "Inspire Change" and "Say Their Stories."

- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 09:52:04 PM »
The NFL is still a thing?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 09:57:21 PM »
The NFL is still a thing?

Must still be enough people watching to keep them going at least temporarily
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 11:01:09 PM »
Is it football season again, or still?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2021, 08:27:42 AM »
Only playing it the first week of the year from what I read.  Glad Cleveland is playing away the first week so I don’t have to hear it when I’m in the stands.  As much as I’m tired of all the controversy, I’m still a football fan and will go to games.  I’ve been a season ticket holder going on 6 years now.

As for Kap, he sucks at football so he’s nothing more than a talking point at this time.