Author Topic: Dog Years  (Read 1005 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Dog Years
« on: July 03, 2020, 10:14:33 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Dog Years
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 10:50:04 AM »
The findings suggest a one-year-old puppy is actually about 30 in “human years” – an age when humans, at least, might be expected to have stopped running riot. with the toilet paper.

:rofl:  I couldn't resist.

I expect the two "maturity scales" would "slide" against each other for various traits like toilet paper play or "peaceful protests,"  but just taking average lifetime versus average lfetime,  7  to 1 is good enough for me... or whatever it works out to nowadays --6.3 to one, or 7.4 to one, the exact value makes no never mind.

And they spent good money on genetic equivalencies?

I'm going to see if I can get some hokey research grant to live off.

Lessee now... lasers... yeah, that's hot nowadays.  I can dream up something with lasers...  maybe I can invent some laser ranging thing for your feet that will keep you from stubbing your toes in the dark...

Terry
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:23:35 AM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 11:38:40 AM »

And they spent good money on genetic equivalencies?

Why not? It appears to have myriad implications in the study of human aging, longevity, and life extension technology.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 11:44:06 AM »
I don't believe either dog years or dog pounds are metric.   :old:

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:26:42 PM »
Why not? It appears to have myriad implications in the study of human aging, longevity, and life extension technology.

Of course.  I'm just feeling acidly playful this AM.  As opposed to basically playful.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »
Of course.  I'm just feeling acidly playful this AM.  As opposed to basically playful.

To paraphrase a favorite saying of one of my odd-ball co-workers, "you're just a playful kitten of a man."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
Our 1 year old German Shepherd is definitely not at the maturity level of a 30 year old human that isn't a Bernie Bro.  Probably closer to a 10-14 year old.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »
Our 2 year old lab still has moments when she does a pretty good imitation of a 7 year old kid that just finished a pound of candy and a couple of red Bulls.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
Our 2 year old lab still has moments when she does a pretty good imitation of a 7 year old kid that just finished a pound of candy and a couple of red Bulls.

Coincidentally, I just ordered this moral patch to put on Steve's tactical hiking vest.  :laugh:

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »

Maybe. But, you gotta make adjustments for the consumption of beer.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 05:29:32 PM »
Maybe. But, you gotta make adjustments for the consumption of beer.

Woody

For the dog you mean?

=D

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
Back in the '70's my dad had a friend with a bar that made pizza. Every night this guy feed his dog pizza and beer.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 09:16:36 PM »
For the dog you mean?

=D

At least the dog won't ask you to hold it for him!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood