Author Topic: TX Governor mask order not exactly what it seems  (Read 801 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
TX Governor mask order not exactly what it seems
« on: July 03, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
Gov Abbot issued an EO for mask, effective today at noon. However, it isn't the all-encompassing order it's being represented as.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2020/july/02/why-texas-governor-abbotts-face-mask-order-is-not-what-it-seems/?fbclid=IwAR04FX825kXWTQ6TQ4bb1bJLL8QbPTjCnoC3QhRKzbFlMIIByKwOi2wUK0c

In short, if you can still "social distance" (whatever the hell that laughably overused term actually means) masks are not required. Also, if you parse it in strict legalese, it's so subjective that it's essentially unenforceable. An attorney with any brain cells at all could rip the thing to shreds in court.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: TX Governor mask order not exactly what it seems
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
That's like our Governor's latest brain child: People entering the state from any of a list of states where CV-19 is increasing "must" self-quarantine for 14 days.

But ... it's an "advisory," it's not mandatory and there are no penalties for not doing so, and no enforcement mechanism. Further, if a resident returns home from a trip to one of those states on the list, if the person can't self-isolate from the other members of the family, the other members of the family are NOT required to self-isolate.

And we thought the TSA was security theater. The silliness around CV-19 makes the TSA shenanigans look tame by comparison.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »
Aside from the actual effectiveness of masks, I'm getting tired of being told how critical it is to wear a mask, by people who are not wearing masks.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:40:55 PM »
Gov Abbot has certainly been showing who he is the last few months.  I don't think I would vote for a Dem, but I doubt I will ever vote for him in a primary again.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 08:37:13 AM »
Aside from the actual effectiveness of masks, I'm getting tired of being told how critical it is to wear a mask, by people who are not wearing masks.

My FIL is a store manager for a pretty major retailer

The higher ups have decreed that all store employees must wear masks the entire time they are working. On the floor, of course but also back in the storage portion, no matter if working alone or with distance. The worst part is they have to wear them when unloading trucks. 120 degree, hot as *expletive deleted*ck, no air flow trucks where you can barely breath normally. The HQ weasel *expletive deleted*s watch cameras in each store, including the back room and dock to monitor compliance and issue write ups to any employees they see not complying. Naturally the ones issuing this insane order do not wear masks when they send down their edicts over zoom meetings.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 11:01:46 AM »
That's like our Governor's latest brain child: People entering the state from any of a list of states where CV-19 is increasing "must" self-quarantine for 14 days.

A graphic I've seen on the Book of Faces for a day or three.  From O'Hare Airport, Chicago IL,  It shows states where if you come from there Chicago wants you to put yourself in covid-purdah for a couple weeks.  A bunch of states in the west and south are listed.  But New York City?  "Naaah, come right on over!"

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:18:36 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.