Author Topic: Interesting to me and nobody else... Buck Moon eclipse  (Read 601 times)

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Interesting to me and nobody else... Buck Moon eclipse
« on: July 05, 2020, 08:06:23 AM »
I was using my astronomy program on the old Dell with XP this AM to figure out the best time to leave and head east to the post office and supermarket in terms of the morning sun glare.

As I jockey around with the time to see what the angles were, I noticed that the sun and moon angles were about the same... sun above the horizon, moon below. So I says to myself, "Self, you know what, it looks like we may be close to a lunar eclipse."

So self boots up the HP and digs around the net a little, and guess what?  There was the "Buck Moon" eclipse last night and a little this morning.

Heh-heh.  Interesting to me and nobody else.

Isn't science wonderful?

Me go now.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:21:39 PM by 230RN »

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Ineresting to me and nobody else... Buck Moon eclipse
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 08:17:40 AM »
The moon was so big and bright last night that I heard birdsong.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »
The Moon is my mistress. She is harsh.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:05 PM »
The moon was so big and bright last night that I heard birdsong.
After shooting fireworks last night, noticed the full moon rising over the tree tops.  It was very bright.  I didn't stay up long to watch it.  Long day.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Interesting to me and nobody else... Buck Moon eclipse
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 08:08:46 AM »
I brought out my 15x70mm binoculars and the folks that were over were amazed at what you can see on the moon with bino's.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.