Author Topic: Netflix Series: Dark  (Read 646 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Netflix Series: Dark
« on: July 07, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »
I may have recommended this when it first came out, but season 3 (final season) just dropped and I had to put in another plug. Just an excellent series. One of the best Netflix has ever done. It's their first German series. As with all foreign language stuff, I highly recommend watching in the original language with English subtitles.

The series is very intricate, and can be confusing at times if you don't pay close attention, as it does time travel jumps and also jumps between alternate Earths. The casting is excellent, as well as how well they matched up actors to play older and younger versions of their characters.

I also think this may be the very best thought out final episode of any series I have ever watched. They knew they were only doing three seasons and the final episode was just well done - both in content and how perfectly it tied up loose ends . Especially for a series that involves time travel, which so often becomes a mess of plot holes. No "WTF was that supposed to mean?!?" or anything like that. Everything came together logically and cleanly.

Anyway, this is a gem in Netflix's productions, which seem to have about a 100 to 1 ratio of crap and good stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Netflix Series: Dark
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »
I don't have Netflix, but that does sound interesting. Looks like season 3 was its last season.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 01:02:44 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  My wife and I just skimmed through 3 dozen Netflix offerings, and that was one of them.  Ironically, the wife thought it looked too "dark".

I'll give it a try.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »
My buddy was raving about this show when season one came out.  I'm trying to convince my better half to try it.  We just finished a run of The Kettering Incident which appears to have some similarities in tone.  Unfortunately, The Kettering Incident only lasted one season and resolved practically nothing.  With no season two to come, I can't recommend the show unless you love Tasmanian forests.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 07:31:29 PM »
We have been watching it. Just started season three. I've enjoyed it. My wife likes it more than I do. [popcorn]

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
I tried one episode- seemed dark. If I want horror I will go to the news........