Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58458 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2020, 04:11:32 PM »
That Aurora shooter watched one too many action movies, and holy crap, the "know what's beyond your target" went right out the window, at least from the angle of the video. Looks like he was shooting from the worst possible angle given direction and speed of the vehicle. I often don't take shots at birds with my shotgun at those angles/speeds.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/07/27/person-who-opened-fire-on-jeep-driving-through-human-blockade-on-colorado-freeway-shot-2-fellow-protesters-instead/

I'm not sure I dig the Aurora PD statement. Makes it sound like the jeep driver was at fault.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2020, 04:32:12 PM »
It didn't look like he hit anyone and the report said no one has come forward with injuries from being hit.  

I liked this quote from the link.
Have been saying this for weeks - the longer police/govt don't get this in hand and restore order, the more citizens (on both sides) are going to start taking matters into their own hands.

Get. These. F@#$ing. People. Off. The. Road.

Stop allowing/enabling this, ffs.

This was an interstate highway.  There may have been no other way around this protest except through.  I also didn't see any mention of how long they were blocking traffic. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »
It didn't look like he hit anyone and the report said no one has come forward with injuries from being hit.  

No, I agree - I think he was just trying to get through their roadblock on an Interstate. It's just a couple of the Aurora PD statements I read made it sound like he was aiming at protestors, which I do not for a second believe he was doing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2020, 05:29:14 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »
Y'all knew this was coming ...

- Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »
Now the UN wants to play ...

https://conservative-daily.com/2020/07/26/breaking-united-nations-orders-trump-to-stand-down-in-portland/

https://www.nairaland.com/6017899/breaking-united-nations-orders-trump

Orders? ORDERS?
*expletive deleted*ck the UN.

The UN delivered a formal stand down order to the Trump administration, warning that there would be "consequences" if Federal officers continued enforcing Federal law…

Trump is on a roll, he just shut down a Chinese consulate/spy ring safe house in Houston. Sounds like he needs to kick the UN the *expletive deleted*ck out of the US.
 :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2020, 06:10:39 PM »
Orders? ORDERS?

There might be blue cardboard helmets on the targets at the next IPSC match ...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
Orders? ORDERS?

That was my first thought, though I'd like to see a couple more sources to see if they actually said they "order". If true, yeah, *expletive deleted*ck them and the Prius they rode in on. Also, if true, Trump should yank around a half billion dollars of UN funding as punishment.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
That was my first thought, though I'd like to see a couple more sources to see if they actually said they "order". If true, yeah, *expletive deleted*ck them and the Prius they rode in on. Also, if true, Trump should yank around a half billion dollars all of UN funding as punishment.

FTFY

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »
I don't care how the U.N. said it; it's ugly. Talk about foreign meddling in an election...

The UN better have some statements condemning CHAZ/CHOP. No, forget that. What have they said about the anti-white movement afoot in the U.S., including BLM and other so-called "anti-racists"?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »

- Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »

Maybe they'll learn that virtue-signalling is lost on those with no virtue.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2020, 09:33:59 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2020, 09:34:06 PM »
https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/07/1068971

Spokesperson Elizabeth Throssell was answering a reporter’s question about the US authorities deploying federal security officers to various cities to quell demonstrations against racial injustice, sparked by the death of George Floyd, an unarmed African American man, while in police custody in Minneapolis on 25 May.

“Peaceful demonstrations that have been taking place in cities in the US, such as Portland, really must be able to continue without those participating in them - and also, the people reporting on them, the journalists - risking arbitrary arrest or detention, being subject to unnecessary, disproportionate or discriminatory use of force, or suffering other violations of their rights”, said Ms. Throssell.
Officers must be identified

Regarding reports about unidentified police officers detaining protestors, she said “that is a worry because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law, and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations.”

Ms. Throssell said federal and local security forces must be properly and clearly identified. They also should use force only when necessary and in accordance with international standards.

“Also, it is important that any victims of unnecessary or excessive use of force do have the right to remedy, and there should be, as we often say, prompt, independent, impartial and transparent investigations into any allegations of human rights violations, and that should ensure that those responsible are held accountable”, she added.

Good grief. Where to start?  :facepalm: She just gets everything wrong from start to finish. I don't have the patience to fisk this right now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/07/1068971

Good grief. Where to start?  :facepalm: She just gets everything wrong from start to finish. I don't have the patience to fisk this right now.
Not much else to say.  She gets all her news from CNN and that sort and doesn't question it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »
Yeah sounds like she sits on the couch with Nadler to watch the news.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zahc

• friend
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2020, 11:12:51 PM »
Unfortunately, the foreigners that I know get their news either directly from US media like CNN, or from foreign news outlets that directly transmit AP sources. My Japanese colleagues watch CNN to practice their English. It's even worse than domestic spin, because a lot of people here in the states either know something about what is actually happening, or they understand when and how far to believe the news. But those overseas don't, so they often take what they see at face value.

The converse situation also exists, sometimes they see through cultural aspects that are taken at face value in America. I find this happens more often on social issues like feminist, gay, and sometimes race issues that are FU in America but FU along different lines overseas.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2020, 11:37:45 PM »
Spokesperson Elizabeth Throssell was answering a reporter’s question about the US authorities deploying federal security officers to various cities to quell demonstrations against racial injustice...

They are neither demonstrations, nor are they about "racial injustice."

“Peaceful demonstrations that have been taking place in cities in the US, such as Portland, really must be able to continue without those participating in them - and also, the people reporting on them, the journalists - risking arbitrary arrest or detention, being subject to unnecessary, disproportionate or discriminatory use of force, or suffering other violations of their rights”, said Ms. Throssell.

Peaceful demonstrations? Yeah, those aren't even allowed right now. In the age of Covid, only lefty race riots are permitted, and that's what you're calling peaceful demonstrations. Liar.

Regarding reports about unidentified police officers detaining protestors, she said “that is a worry because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law, and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations.”

Ms. Throssell said federal and local security forces must be properly and clearly identified. They also should use force only when necessary and in accordance with international standards.

“Also, it is important that any victims of unnecessary or excessive use of force do have the right to remedy, and there should be, as we often say, prompt, independent, impartial and transparent investigations into any allegations of human rights violations, and that should ensure that those responsible are held accountable”, she added.

Ugh. We got coal, sweetie. This is Newcastle. The U.N. really doesn't have much to teach us in this regard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2020, 11:48:21 PM »

Or the ones that can't read because the government schools let them down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »

Definitely quote-worthy.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »
Or the ones that can't read because the government schools let them down.

More won't than can't
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »