Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58901 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2020, 06:40:59 PM »

Why do you make us look at things like that?  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Why does the bass strike the Hula Popper ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
Why does the bass strike the Hula Popper ...

:laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:10 PM »
Oh man, this is hilarious. A Portland rioter was identified by LE through the review his grandma left for the "tactical vest" she bought him.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/28/too-good-to-check-portland-rioter-identified-from-review-his-grandmother-left-of-the-vest-she-bought-for-him/

The review is still up at the purchase site, which appears to be some kind of hipster skinny jean online store that sells "city gear". I'm hoping more people leave fake reviews, because they're pretty funny:

https://www.hibbett.com/hudson-mens-icons-reflective-vest---olive/B4987.html

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2020, 10:14:50 PM »
Oh man, this is hilarious. A Portland rioter was identified by LE through the review his grandma left for the "tactical vest" she bought him.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/28/too-good-to-check-portland-rioter-identified-from-review-his-grandmother-left-of-the-vest-she-bought-for-him/

The review is still up at the purchase site, which appears to be some kind of hipster skinny jean online store that sells "city gear". I'm hoping more people leave fake reviews, because they're pretty funny:

https://www.hibbett.com/hudson-mens-icons-reflective-vest---olive/B4987.html

Come back with your vest, grandson. Or on it!   ;/

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2020, 08:18:50 AM »
Shouldn't she have a mask on?  She's within 6 ft of her squire/bodyguard.

Quote from a Twitter post..."I get the community theatrics but what's the mime acting out?"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:02 AM »

Why do you make us look at things like that?  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ben made you click on it?  Ah sir, that was of your own free will that you clicked on the link.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
You know what, if the feds want to leave Portland, fine. Let the fed buildings burn. But I will scream bloody murder if the feds repair/replace the buildings with my tax dollars. Leave them the way the rioters left them, don't restaff them, and remove federal dollars and those services from Portland. *expletive deleted*ck Portland.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/29/oregon-governor-says-feds-will-withdraw-from-portland/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2020, 01:36:07 PM »
You know what, if the feds want to leave Portland, fine. Let the fed buildings burn. But I will scream bloody murder if the feds repair/replace the buildings with my tax dollars. Leave them the way the rioters left them, don't restaff them, and remove federal dollars and those services from Portland. *expletive deleted*ck Portland.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/29/oregon-governor-says-feds-will-withdraw-from-portland/

After that tweet about the feds bringing violence, etc, I'd reverse course and send in more "stormtroopers."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
Help me meme:

According to the Marine Corps Almanac, only about 25% of the Corps are in combat specialties. So when they show up to topple your happy little dictatorship, they're mostly peaceful. How do we reduce that to a short, simple phrase we can put over an image? Also, who gots a good image of some warlike Marines?

Or do we make the same point, but with the number of federal agents that only do desk work?

Or go the other way with it, and talk about how many "mostly peaceful" Muslims only contribute money and material support to terrorism?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
Hug them all, let God sort them out
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2020, 05:42:36 PM »

That's a good idea. Move all federal services offices to Bend or Medford. In rented space, so if future "peaceful protests" peacefully trash the places, the feds can just set up operations in other rented space in another city.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2020, 06:55:25 PM »
Help me meme:

According to the Marine Corps Almanac, only about 25% of the Corps are in combat specialties. So when they show up to topple your happy little dictatorship, they're mostly peaceful. How do we reduce that to a short, simple phrase we can put over an image? Also, who gots a good image of some warlike Marines?

Or do we make the same point, but with the number of federal agents that only do desk work?

Or go the other way with it, and talk about how many "mostly peaceful" Muslims only contribute money and material support to terrorism?

75% peaceful

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
Help me meme:

Two panel. One a pie chart labeled United States Marine Corps showing 25% combat specialties and 75% other. Second panel your warlike Marines with “MOSTLY PEACEFUL” caption.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »
Portland hits feds with $500 fine every 15 minutes fence stands outside besieged courthouse
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-maximum-fines-federal-government-fence-courthouse.amp?__twitter_impression=true

The city of Portland, Ore. is fining the federal government $500 for every 15 minutes it maintains unpermitted fencing outside of the federal courthouse that has faced nightly attacks amid ongoing protests and rioting.

City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly said in a statement Tuesday that the fencing is obstructing the street outside of the courthouse. As of Monday, she said, the federal government owed Portland $192,000.

"We are assessing the maximum fine of $500 for every 15 minutes the fence obstructs our street, and we are investigating other legal remedies available to us. Typically, we would send a maintenance crew or contractor to remove such an obstruction, but I will not send workers into harm's way," she said.

:laugh: :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2020, 12:23:05 PM »
So find someone in the fed.gov with the power to fine the city for environmental or health and safety violations and impose a $1000 fine for every 10 minutes they are not in compliance with the law.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
I am rapidly approaching the "*expletive deleted*ck 'em" pull out and don't go back" level.  Yeah the Portland protesters are being communist jackasses, but they clearly don't want the federal government there.  So leave.

Quote from: fistful
Help me meme:

Not what you asked for at all, but the "mostly peaceful" made me think of Hitchhiker's Guide, and this made me smile:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2020, 06:44:13 PM »
Protestors in public want privacy. ACLU to their rescue:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/30/aclu-of-oregon-sues-portland-police-bureau-for-live-streaming-video-of-courthouse-protesters/

Weren't these the same people that were mad that cops weren't wearing nametags?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2020, 06:55:45 PM »
Protestors in public want privacy. ACLU to their rescue:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/07/30/aclu-of-oregon-sues-portland-police-bureau-for-live-streaming-video-of-courthouse-protesters/

Weren't these the same people that were mad that cops weren't wearing nametags?

They are probably also the same people who like to stage confrontations with police and video them, reveling in the fact that there is "no expectation of privacy" in a public setting.

Apparently in clownworld what's sauce for the goose is NOT sauce for the gander.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
If you don't want people to watch your protest, maybe it's not a protest?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2020, 07:09:57 PM »
Looks like they are branching out into smaller cities, Springfield Oregon is about 60K.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/07/31/2317944/us-protesters-clash-with-police-at-racial-justice-rally-in-springfield-video

As an aside, it's really sad when I have to go to an Iranian news agency to get reliable reporting.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »
I read that story yesterday somewhere. I didn't bring it up,because I know some people that hope they come to the small towns to teach them what not to do.

I will defend my family and land with all I have. I'm surrounded by ten or twelve loaded firearms. But I will never go looking for trouble.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:10:15 PM by Angel Eyes »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2020, 08:17:39 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.