Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58445 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »
The uniforms have "POLICE" patches on them, so if it is Europe, probably the U.K.

(and yes, the Left's outrage machine would be in overdrive howling about police brutality if it occurred here)

IIRC it's from France, Paris protests a while back to be exact
Their uniforms say POLICE on them as well, police is actually a French word
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2020, 01:34:45 PM »
He is literally a gun-grabber.

Also lucky that all he got was a punch in the face.

That nose popped like a balloon.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2020, 03:43:30 PM »
The Seattle (at this point I'm just lumping in Seattle stuff with Portland stuff) police chief's neighbors defended their neighborhood with guns. Kinda like the STL couple, except these homeowners appear to be on the neighborhood's public street. Guess we'll see if the DA there attempts to press charges. The neighbors apparently have the support of the police chief.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/08/04/gun-owners-defend-seattle-police-chiefs-property-from-protesters/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2020, 04:42:16 PM »
And in LA, someone is being charged for pointing a gun at protestors that were on his porch. We might need a discrete thread on people defending their homes and which of them are being charged for doing so.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/04/ill-shoot-you-i-dont-care-who-you-are-husband-of-los-angeles-county-district-attorney-charged-after-pointing-gun-at-black-lives-matter-protesters-at-their-home/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
The Seattle (at this point I'm just lumping in Seattle stuff with Portland stuff) police chief's neighbors defended their neighborhood with guns. Kinda like the STL couple, except these homeowners appear to be on the neighborhood's public street. Guess we'll see if the DA there attempts to press charges. The neighbors apparently have the support of the police chief.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/08/04/gun-owners-defend-seattle-police-chiefs-property-from-protesters/

https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2020/08/02/hundreds-of-blm-supporters-storm-snohomish-county-neighborhood-to-protest-at-seattle-police-chief-carmen-bests-home/

This happened about 15 miles south of me. Prior to this, I did not know that Carmen Best and her husband lived up here.  I thought they lived in Seattle.  Neighbors used their vehicles to prevent the protestors from getting close to the Chief's home.  Both sides were armed but nothing untoward happened.  There is no way in heck the neighbors will be charged with anything.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2020, 05:14:18 PM »
From Millcreek's link:

A crowd of about 200 persons, mostly white men and women in their twenties, were dressed in black with masks and black hoods and carried signs that read “Black Lives Matter.” Black Lives Matter protestors shouted profanity and insults at neighbors, took license plate information on vehicles, took pictures of homes, and asked little kids who lived in the neighborhood what schools they attended. 

That is absolute intimidation. If they start targeting people's kids, they are going to end up with bullet holes. A few other comments from the link made it sound like they were following a manual.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2020, 08:21:26 PM »
And in LA, someone is being charged for pointing a gun at protestors that were on his porch. We might need a discrete thread on people defending their homes and which of them are being charged for doing so.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/04/ill-shoot-you-i-dont-care-who-you-are-husband-of-los-angeles-county-district-attorney-charged-after-pointing-gun-at-black-lives-matter-protesters-at-their-home/

Something tells me those charges will disappear after an appropriate amount of time has passed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
Does anybody else suspect that the real motivation behind defunding the police is a prelude to a civil war?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2020, 11:02:40 PM »
Does anybody else suspect that the real motivation behind defunding the police is a prelude to a civil war?

Your question is phrased such it implies a conspiracy.   I don't know if it is or not, but at the rate things are going it seems we're heading for one regardless of it being planned or not.   =(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »
If they wanted to instigate a civil war/race war what do you suppose they would do differently?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »

I think part of it is simply democrat politicians thinking they need to play to the mob.  

The other part of me says if they get rid of police, there will be multiple other groups set up to do the same thing only worse with less accountability.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
The uniforms have "POLICE" patches on them, so if it is Europe, probably the U.K.

(and yes, the Left's outrage machine would be in overdrive howling about police brutality if it occurred here)

The brief look at the road sign looks like France, who also spell it "Police", which is likely where English got that word.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2020, 02:28:48 PM »
Stop posting pictures of rioters!!!

Interesting that she uses the word "riot" instead of "protest".

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/05/violent-rioters-dont-want-troublemakers-like-andy-ngo-documenting-their-violent-rioting-because-you-are-threatening-their-lives-video/
If she is concerned about rioters getting arrested, that means someone is actually arresting enough of them to get noticed.  Good.

Jim147

• friends
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2020/08/05/video-watch-a-pickup-driver-dispense-street-justice-to-a-rioters-bike-n754397

Hahaha.  :rofl:

As an aside, this article is the second time I saw the mention of "industrial lasers". Evidence needed, but it appears these guys are not using classroom laser pointers (which can also damage vision). I read another article that stated over 200 police nationwide have reported eye injury and loss of sight (none permanent yet, I think) from laser attacks.

I've seen nothing about LE going after these people for lasers, and this story seems to indicate that the rioters are using them on just about anybody that's not part of the riots. There should be some VERY serious charges and mandatory prison time for this crap. Maybe it's just me, but I would rather lose a couple of legs and an arm than lose my eyesight.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
According to that article they've started aiming lasers at random drivers in addition to the cops.

Not only is that likely to cause more rioter injuries as people go all hind-brain after they've been blinded, but there are going to be some folks that treat that the same as having an AK pointed at them.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »
As an aside, this article is the second time I saw the mention of "industrial lasers". Evidence needed, but it appears these guys are not using classroom laser pointers (which can also damage vision). I read another article that stated over 200 police nationwide have reported eye injury and loss of sight (none permanent yet, I think) from laser attacks.

I've seen nothing about LE going after these people for lasers, and this story seems to indicate that the rioters are using them on just about anybody that's not part of the riots. There should be some VERY serious charges and mandatory prison time for this crap. Maybe it's just me, but I would rather lose a couple of legs and an arm than lose my eyesight.

I've run across a few articles recently that mentioned three federal officers may have permanently damaged eyesight from lasers used against them by the Portland rioters.
A rioter trying to blind someone with a laser is getting themselves into the realm of causing serious bodily harm.  Eventually, some of these idiots are going to get shot by people exercising their right to self defense.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

griz

• friend
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »
What? Why? ???

Pure antagonism.  They want to be made a victim.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2020, 06:32:28 PM »
According to that article they've started aiming lasers at random drivers in addition to the cops.

Not only is that likely to cause more rioter injuries as people go all hind-brain after they've been blinded, but there are going to be some folks that treat that the same as having an AK pointed at them.

It is attempted maiming and for drivers in motion it rises to attempted vehicular homicide.

Laser wielders absolutely should be shot in self defense.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2020/08/05/video-watch-a-pickup-driver-dispense-street-justice-to-a-rioters-bike-n754397

Hahaha.  :rofl:

Apparently that driver has been detained by the cops.  There are claims by the rioters that he fired shots at them.  The driver is cooperating with the investigation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »
I've run across a few articles recently that mentioned three federal officers may have permanently damaged eyesight from lasers used against them by the Portland rioters.
A rioter trying to blind someone with a laser is getting themselves into the realm of causing serious bodily harm.  Eventually, some of these idiots are going to get shot by people exercising their right to self defense.

Under Texas law, I think that would definitely fall under "serious bodily injury" and justify use of deadly force. 

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?