Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58444 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2020, 10:31:50 PM »
According to that article they've started aiming lasers at random drivers in addition to the cops.

Not only is that likely to cause more rioter injuries as people go all hind-brain after they've been blinded, but there are going to be some folks that treat that the same as having an AK pointed at them.

I was illegally packing my old sp101 .357 magnum with crimson trace in San Francisco 15 yrs ago or so, when a jack-donkey pointed a laser in my face while I was riding my motorcycle.
I managed to turn my head in time but was very tempted to empty to fire at him, as there was no way to be sure it was merely a pointer
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2020, 08:17:12 AM »
Regarding the truck pushing the bike:

Police said someone also fired a gun during the unrest and a pickup truck accelerated into the crowd while pushing an unoccupied motorcycle in front of it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-chief-says-riots-not-helping-cause-of-racial-justice-enough-is-enough

Without having seen the video, I would think from that quote that someone just rammed their truck through the crowd out of spite or frustration. Having seen the video, that is not, of course, what happened. That was self-defense. The cops must have seen the video.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »
I guess now that the rioters have switched from fed buildings to city buildings, the Portland Mayor has decided they are bad.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-condemns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:00 AM »
I guess now that the rioters have switched from fed buildings to city buildings, the Portland Mayor has decided they are bad.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-condemns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder

ONLY because it may help get Trump reelected

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

Peacefully of course
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:58 AM »

And yet, he's STILL a mealy-mouthed weasel:

"When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder"

NO. If you commit arson of an occupied building, that's attempted murder. None of this crap about "trapping people inside."

It might sound like I'm being a pedant, but since these... ....leftist politicians.... .... have been trying to say "ATTACKING PROPERTY ISN'T VIOLENCE!"1 it's necessary to make this point. These insurrectionists are trying to kill people EVERY TIME they attempt burning things down.

That they are also attempting to trap people inside is additional malice, not the factor for attempted murder.

1: I suppose I must also note that that's a lie, too. It most certainly is violence.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2020, 09:14:02 AM »
How the media is treating this crap reminds of how many of them treated 9-11  and it's gotten way worse since.
They act like we're the ones declaring war, unjustly of course, while completely ignoring the fact the other side already declared war on us some time ago.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2020, 10:17:51 AM »
How the media is treating this crap reminds of how many of them treated 9-11  and it's gotten way worse since.
They act like we're the ones declaring war, unjustly of course, while completely ignoring the fact the other side already declared war on us some time ago.
So you're saying some people did something?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
So you're saying some people did something?

MSM: We (The US) did something
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:19:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2020, 01:15:15 PM »
Another reason that it's about time we just shoot these loudmouth aholes and drive on:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1291740856953835520

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »
Another reason that it's about time we just shoot these loudmouth aholes and drive on:

Like the cowardly, & dangerous, animals they are.

My hat's off to the older woman.  She's got bigger balls than I.  I'd have to think long and hard before going out there even with a firearm and a couple knives.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2020, 01:46:52 AM »

well, bullets are getting pricey, rope however is reusable - recycling is good for the earth
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »
You know what’s really wrong with Ted Wheeler? He is not lefty enough. His mayoral challenger is far to the left of him. Hope she wins because with the movies shut down I have lacked good popcorn eating media.  [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »
Does anybody else suspect that the real motivation behind defunding the police is a prelude to a civil war?
I think part of it is simply democrat politicians thinking they need to play to the mob.  

The other part of me says if they get rid of police, there will be multiple other groups set up to do the same thing only worse with less accountability.  

Possibly it's intentional, and someone thinks they can control and manage it.  Or folks further up the chain want us right where this would get us.

"Ride the tiger, y'all."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »
Does anybody else suspect that the real motivation behind defunding the police is a prelude to a civil war?

I think it's more a prelude to revolution, something much different than civil war.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2020, 12:42:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1294932764475760641

The next tweet down, where they add the "Cops" theme is even more satisfying.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »
The next tweet down, where they add the "Cops" theme is even more satisfying.

Oh, sorry. I thought that was the one I was linking to.  :laugh:

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2020, 10:07:21 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »
I know this is a pet peeve of mine that I keep harping on, but run them over. Then run them over again just to make sure.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-protest-turns-violent-brutal-assault-caught-on-video-report

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »
I know this is a pet peeve of mine that I keep harping on, but run them over. Then run them over again just to make sure.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-protest-turns-violent-brutal-assault-caught-on-video-report

At what point do federal marshals or the FBI go in and arrest Portland government officials for insurrection?
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »

Quote from: Idiot Leftist
What could you possibly need more than 10 rounds in a magazine to defend yourself for?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2020, 12:34:44 PM »
At what point do federal marshals or the FBI go in and arrest Portland government officials for insurrection?

The Fed.Gov would do themselves a favor if they did just that. They are, after all, directly tasked with the protection of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, all of which are being directly threatened by the inaction of Portland's local governance.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »
The Fed.Gov would do themselves a favor if they did just that. They are, after all, directly tasked with the protection of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, all of which are being directly threatened by the inaction of Portland's local governance.
Nah, it'll be fine.

Plus, that's the government that they chose to elect.