Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58491 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »
The people in the cities have made their choice, they have charted their course.

They have chosen their leaders.

I can see no point in sending good men into harms way to restore order to places where the people and their leaders have overtly rejected order.

Let them have what they desire.

“Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.”
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2020, 11:40:57 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2020, 11:06:39 AM »
This has become an all too familiar pattern

The #antifa investigated for shooting the Portland Trump supporter is Michael Reinoehl. Last month he was arrested at another antifa riot for illegally carrying a loaded gun. He was let go. He then went on to allegedly kill Aaron Danielson.

My latest:https://t.co/r6rFxqjZ4P

— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) August 31, 2020
   Someone needs to investigate on how felony possession of a firearm by a convicted felon was dropped. Was his bail paid for by the team @KamalaHarris was endorsing?

— Branden Leon (@Branden_Leon) August 31, 2020
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/31/blood-on-their-hands-alleged-shooter-of-portland-trump-supporter-is-antifa-member-previously-arrested-for-illegally-carrying-loaded-gun-they-let-him-go/

Them: But But we need more gun laws!
Me: We need to enforce the laws we have.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »
Them: But But we need more gun laws!
Me: We need to enforce the laws we have.

We need to get rid of the laws if we are not going to enforce them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »

The first half of that statement is essentially the antifa goal . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »

They like having a grab bag of laws to pick and choose from whichever ones are useful to them at a particular time.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2020, 03:34:58 PM »

Oh they're being enforced...against you.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
The people in the cities have made their choice, they have charted their course.

They have chosen their leaders.

I can see no point in sending good men into harms way to restore order to places where the people and their leaders have overtly rejected order.

Let them have what they desire.

“Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.”

I heard a reminder today that the Oregon state police pulled out of Portland because the local DA was refusing to prosecute people they were arresting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »
They like having a grab bag of laws to pick and choose from whichever ones are useful to them at a particular time.
If they can't be dictators and do whatever they want, then they will have so many laws they can still do whatever they want.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
Are they *expletive deleted*ing serious?!?!?!?

This has to be the most blatant gaslighting that I've seen yet. Pretty balsy, considering how much documentation there is that the opposite has been happening for weeks.

Joe Biden condemns violence in Portland and challenges President Trump to do the same https://cnn.it/31LNeMJ

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/31/fact-check-cnn-reports-joe-biden-condemns-portland-violence-challenges-president-trump-to-do-the-same/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
As a member of Trump's right wing militia secret police, I promise to stop violently getting attacked by Aunty Fuh, and I apologize for stealing her mailbox. I promise from now on I'll just do peaceful stuff, like burning buildings, attacking people for driving on public roads, and the occasional random murder.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2020, 09:22:57 AM »
Head of DHS is done messing around.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-mayor-wheeler-feds-dhs-chad-wolf-letter

Message (summarized): All you have to do is ask and we'll be happy to assist in you getting your *expletive deleted*it together. If you can't or won't, we'll step in and get it together for you.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2020, 02:12:01 PM »
Sheriffs in Oregon blast governor Brown and Portland mayor Wheeler:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/oregon-sheriffs-rip-governor-portland-violence

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »
Head of DHS is done messing around.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-mayor-wheeler-feds-dhs-chad-wolf-letter

Message (summarized): All you have to do is ask and we'll be happy to assist in you getting your *expletive deleted*it together. If you can't or won't, we'll step in and get it together for you.

Brad

I kinda wish he wouldn't have sent it. I was fine when Trump first sent in feds using my tax dollars. Portland and Oregon made their position on that clear. They wanted to be on their own. Now they are. Sending feds in again is just wasting tax dollars.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
And gives them more ammo to blame Trump.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »
And gives them more ammo to blame Trump.

Trump does nothing it's all Trump's fault
Trump does something it's all Trump's fault
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »
Once again, appeasing the mob doesn't work.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/riot-declared-in-portland-after-fire-in-mayors-building/

That's okay, insurance will pay for.....part of it.

Considering the fact the mayor's condo is in there bet several police officers were thinking "burn baby burn"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 06:41:06 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
Police initially “stayed out of sight and monitored the situation from a distance” in a bid to “de-escalate” any violence — even as windows were smashed and graffiti daubed on numerous walls, the force said.
I think I see the problem here.  Hanging back doesn't "de-escalate" anything with these people.  The unwillingness to use force to suppress the mobs and prosecute them is the problem.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2020, 06:45:54 PM »
I think I see the problem here.  Hanging back doesn't "de-escalate" anything with these people.  The unwillingness to use force to suppress the mobs and prosecute them is the problem.

With a DA that will just let them go and a mayor and governor that refused help from the National guard, I can't really blame the police for not engaging. I might just walk away.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:36:22 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2020, 07:26:47 PM »
Will John Gault be a cop?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2020, 07:29:34 PM »
Who is John Gault?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2020, 07:35:27 PM »

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »
I'll need a Ouija board then.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »
    “If Trump wanted to end the violence in American cities, he could simply go on his Twitter feed and tell his supporters to go home,” @JoyAnnReid says. “Trump is openly doing the opposite, encouraging more violence.”https://t.co/kFMylnwpFW
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/01/joy-reid-says-president-trump-could-stop-the-rioting-if-hed-simply-tweet-to-his-supporters-to-go-home/

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) September 1, 2020

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes