Author Topic: Schools  (Read 3975 times)

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
Re: Schools
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
First Day of School!  Man, I am beat from brainwashing our youth!

https://youtu.be/xhf6K9_ort4?t=37

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »
Can't have teenagers learning about things like a good work ethic, being self sufficient or other things that decrease the mindset of dependance on the government. Indoctrination works better when it is constantly reinforced.

Crazy how that works  >:D

Gonna sound like a boomer,  but I LIVED for summer.  My job paid for my car, guns, dates with girls and I even saved a bit.  School was basically prison from Sept to June.

Hell,  looking back,  I'd have bailed at 16,taken the GED and went straight to the military.  The last two years of high school were a waste of time I could've spent getting ahead of everyone else that wasn't destined for college.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
Update:

Our county school board just voted to do 100% elearning for the first month of school and reevaluate then.  They will reconvene on Sep 8th to decide about October's in person schooling.

The board seems to be focusing on the positivity rate of local testing as the key indicator, we are a tic over 10%, and the powers that be say it should be under 5% for schools to be safe.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »
Update:

Our county school board just voted to do 100% elearning for the first month of school and reevaluate then.  They will reconvene on Sep 8th to decide about October's in person schooling.

The board seems to be focusing on the positivity rate of local testing as the key indicator, we are a tic over 10%, and the powers that be say it should be under 5% for schools to be safe.

The same guideline that AZ is looking at as well.  Our positivity rate is 18%.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2020, 04:34:03 PM »
My brother is a teacher in the Humble school district near Houston.  The teachers just started back this week.  He says the district has no idea what they are doing and doesn't have a plan going forward, but at least they've delayed the kids coming back until I think Aug 24.  (other districts in the area are waiting longer)  I sent him a bunch of 3 ply surgical-style masks and a few KN95 respirators.
"It's good, though..."