Author Topic: Well this stinks... Appeals court overturns Boston bomber's death sentence  (Read 1087 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
So, I guess it doesn't really matter whether he did what he did and everybody in the world knows it. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Another reason why, whatever you think of Trump, his judicial appointments have been critical.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Another reason why, whatever you think of Trump, his judicial appointments have been critical.

^^^ This.

They [the judges] added: "To help make that promise a reality, decisions long on our books say that a judge handling a case involving prejudicial pretrial publicity must elicit 'the kind and degree' of each prospective juror's 'exposure to the case or the parties,' if asked by counsel, see Patriarca v. United States, 402 F.2d 314, 318 (1st Cir. 1968) — only then can the judge reliably assess whether a potential juror can ignore that publicity, as the law requires. But despite a diligent effort, the judge here did not meet the standard set by Patriarca and its successors.”

If he made a "diligent" effort, how did he fail to meet the standard? What more is required than a "diligent" effort '' "superhuman," perhaps?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
It appears the 2 Obama appointees took the side of the terrorist, and a Reagan appointee dissented.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
It appears the 2 Obama appointees took the side of the terrorist, and a Reagan appointee dissented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXd09NDQW3w
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ Gawww-lee.

So, I guess it doesn't really matter whether he did what he did and everybody in the world knows it.  

Maybe the ultimate plan is to soften things up so when incontrovertible viral video evidence of some leftist's riotous activity is used in court, they can claim "prejudicial publicity."

I guess this process might be called "creating your own favorable precedents."

You figure 10 absolutely ridiculous appeals, and out of those, you might get one absolutely ridiculous decision from some absolutely ridiculous judge.

Cite it !

Keep playing those odds.

Terry
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:31:11 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
My best friend's grandfather lost his lower right leg to the pressure cooker bomb.  He was there to run in the marathon.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Just release the dude already. At 9:47am Aug 3 at the corner of 34th and Broad. He is wearing an orange jumpsuit with black circles on the chest.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
I see a learning opportunity here for the affected voters.

You vastly overestimate their capacity for learning. Vote blue no matter who!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
Our judges are drunk with their own power and egomania.