Main Forums > The Roundtable

New car questions

<< < (2/7) > >>

Brad Johnson:

--- Quote from: Ben on August 12, 2020, 11:30:46 AM ---Is anything still coming with keys? Even base model loaners I've had when my vehicles are serviced have push button start. Same with rentals I've used over the past couple of years.

--- End quote ---

Depends on the model. My 2019 XLT-trim F150 has a physical key but there is an option for push button start. I think the Lariat trim (next level up for those unaware) has push button start as a standard feature.

Brad

Boomhauer:
Pretty much everything these days will have a key controlled immobilizer system.

RoadKingLarry:
My 2015 wrangler has a regular key with built in fob. On the rare occasion I'll brain fart and use the mechanical key and open the door with out hitting the button on the fob and it sets off an alarm.

Silver Bullet:
I know someone with a GM car with On-Star whose battery kept dying.  Turned out the On-Star system was trying to transmit even when the car was off, when On-Star was supposed to shut off.  This someone wasn't using On-Star, so the solution was to pull the On-Star fuse.  Problem solved.

Apparently, a lot of GM cars have, or had, a problem with it.

grampster:
I've got an '18 Colorado.  Has a fob for locking and unlocking the doors, but uses a key.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version