Main Forums > The Roundtable

The eternal struggle... predator vs prey...

<< < (3/3)

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: Hawkmoon on August 13, 2020, 10:16:35 AM ---I don't see it as any different from the foreign language clubs we had when I was in high school back in the dark ages. There was a French Club, a Spanish Club, and IIRC a German Club. Sure they were discriminatory -- there would have been little point to someone who didn't speak French joining a club where the only language spoken was French. I don't know if the rules actually prevented non speakers from joining one of the language clubs, but this was in an age far removed from today's climate of people actively seeking reasons excuses to be offended.

I don't see any problem with HR allowing a vegetarians club in the company. But I also don't see a problem with a corresponding carnivore club, and HR was right in allowing that activity. Equal opportunity, and all that. IMHO, the only a--h-- here is the woman who started the veggie club and who then complained to HR about the steakhouse club.

--- End quote ---
The only way I see a valid complaint is if "carnivore" types were going to the vegie club meetings and ordering steak to rub it in.  I didn't see any comment that was going on.  So I agree with that last part. 

On the flip side, if a vegetarian went to the steakhouse club and ordered a veggie salad, I think the steak eaters would just laugh at them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version