Author Topic: What's all this 'bout Bill Gates?  (Read 1556 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
What's all this 'bout Bill Gates?
« on: August 14, 2020, 04:48:26 PM »
Why do people keep talking about Bill Gates & the China virus? What's he up to, or what do people think he's up to?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: What's all this 'bout Bill Gates?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »
Him and fellow Cabal members will be chipping everybody with the vaccine, without which no one will be able to buy or sell.  All part of the plan, bwa-ha-ha.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 05:13:33 PM »
Him and fellow Cabal members will be chipping everybody with the vaccine, without which no one will be able to buy or sell.  All part of the plan, bwa-ha-ha.

That's the part I have heard. I'm a little more interested in facts and stuff.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »
From what I heard, he had invested or given money to the lab where it originated.  Not sure why he did that.  Other than that, he sure seems like a creepy guy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
Supposedly a lot of the vaccine tests he's pushed in various parts of the world have resulted in disproportionately high mortality as a side effect of the vaccine.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:15:51 PM »
Bill Gates, who never finished college, let alone medical school, has recently positioned himself as the world's universe's preeminent expert on infectious diseases.

Just ask him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 07:01:04 AM »
I've seen him pop up in random interviews where people are talking about the virus.
Don't know if true but I've also heard he believes the Earth is overpopulated. [tinfoil]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 09:23:21 AM »
I've seen him pop up in random interviews where people are talking about the virus.
Don't know if true but I've also heard he believes the Earth is overpopulated. [tinfoil]

He's not wrong in that belief. The issue is how to fix the problem.
Personally I'm OK with a plague (a real one next time please) or a meteor strike in a major metropolitan area or 2 or 6.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »
He's not wrong in that belief. The issue is how to fix the problem.
Personally I'm OK with a plague (a real one next time please) or a meteor strike in a major metropolitan area or 2 or 6.

Population levels will take care of itself if humanity stops interfering in and funding third world growth.

Look at the first world nations with plummeting birth rates. It can happen "naturally".

I think there is a Goldilocks point where societies/cultures are successful at the survival game and breed at replacement levels without overrunning and destroying their environment.  

Eventually though the society becomes so rich and affluent that it forgets what got them there and starts acting like it can reverse the laws of nature and natures God.

It is a balancing act.

There is going to be a big population crash at some point, hopefully I won't be here to see it because it will be horrifying, even if I'm not directly impacted.

You didn't say war. That's how communists governments generally take care of excess inventory of their humans. It also has the side benefit of getting rid of a lot of the alpha males and others who might start vying for power.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 10:27:55 AM »
Other than the teachings from Iron Mountain, why should I believe the earth is over-populated? The last time I checked, that had been shown to be false.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Other than the teachings from Iron Mountain, why should I believe the earth is over-populated? The last time I checked, that had been shown to be false.

It's not the quantity it's the quality  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 02:40:40 PM »
It's not the quantity it's the quality  :laugh:

touché

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »
Given what his last name starts with that's a whole extra G. How many Gs are there? More than five now!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »

Normally I can figure out from context and/or Google, but that reference escapes me.  What's that mean?

If Climate change is a thing, that would seem to be evidence that the current population (and current standard of living) is unsustainable.  At first blush an argument could be made that we are overpopulated for the standard in which we care to live.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »
Normally I can figure out from context and/or Google, but that reference escapes me.  What's that mean?

If Climate change is a thing, that would seem to be evidence that the current population (and current standard of living) is unsustainable.  At first blush an argument could be made that we are overpopulated for the standard in which we care to live.

I had to google the reference myself. I assumed this was the reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Report_from_Iron_Mountain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 05:57:14 PM »
I had to google the reference myself. I assumed this was the reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Report_from_Iron_Mountain

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Report_from_Iron_Mountain

Another link that goes into the content a little deeper.

It vaguely rang a bell when you posted.

I don't know where I had heard about it before, maybe The Art Bell show  :laugh:

Back when I had a telescope I'd listen to his show while slewing around the universe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »
Normally I can figure out from context and/or Google, but that reference escapes me.  What's that mean?

If Climate change is a thing, that would seem to be evidence that the current population (and current standard of living) is unsustainable.  At first blush an argument could be made that we are overpopulated for the standard in which we care to live.

The notion that the planet is overcrowded is not new. There was a group back in the 1980s called Zero Population Growth that argued it was important for the future to limit population growth. And in response to the Zero Population Growth group, IIRC, there was another grout that advocated for negative population growth.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »
It's not the world that is overcrowded it's the easy places to live. People in general are lazy,  well and stupid also.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 11:48:45 PM »
The notion that the planet is overcrowded is not new. There was a group back in the 1980s called Zero Population Growth that argued it was important for the future to limit population growth. And in response to the Zero Population Growth group, IIRC, there was another grout that advocated for negative population growth.

Go back about 2 centuries.

https://www.pop.org/overpopulation-myth/