Author Topic: Damn The Racist Activity of Camping  (Read 1666 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Damn The Racist Activity of Camping
« on: August 14, 2020, 09:17:21 AM »
So much wrong with this narrative. First off, getting this out of the way: It's "BIPOC" now? How am I supposed to know who I'm being racist against if they keep changing names?

I can't wait to see the new National Park uniforms. Maybe they could adopt antifa fashion.

I recall camping in my late teens and early twenties. I had some of the cheapest gear you could imagine, including still using my old Boy Scout mess kit for cooking. But I guess it's racist if you can't afford all North Face and MSR gear. Even when the folks took us camping when I was a kid, about the only piece of "camping equipment" we had was a cheap canvas tent from Kmart. My mom packed up kitchen utensils and whatever food from the kitchen to cook for us. Anything else, my dad made or adapted.

Black people have had connections to nature and the land? It seems Europeans pioneered their way from one coast to another. That doesn't mean blacks don't have some inherent connection, but don't say white people aren't good at roughing it.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/13/the-outdoors-is-racist-its-going-to-take-all-of-us-coming-together-to-topple-these-racist-systems-of-camping/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Damn The Racist Activity of Camping
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 09:38:35 AM »
This isn't organic.

It's a coordinated message being promulgated throughout the whole leftist outdoor industry.

The gaslighting message is "we're doing this because we're listening to you".

Nothing works the way we think it does. They will sacrifice profits and market share to promote their agendas.

It's not capitalism but a form of leftist fascism.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 09:47:36 AM »
Just vote straight democrat in Nov and they'll fix* these imaginary problems. They promise.

*By coming up with more imaginary problems

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 10:00:23 AM »
Shouldn't Elizabeth Warren be all over this?

Because... CAMPING IS A HUMAN RIGHT!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 10:19:53 AM »
Camping is often called America’s favorite outdoor activity. But camping and national parks have a complicated past when it comes to racial equality and equal access for all.

IMHO, the biggest issue with respect to equal access to all is that most national park land area is very far removed from where I live. In fact, most national park land area is very far removed from where most of the population lives. That's not racism, that's geographic discrimination.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »
IMHO, the biggest issue with respect to equal access to all is that most national park land area is very far removed from where I live. In fact, most national park land area is very far removed from where most of the population lives. That's not racism, that's geographic discrimination.

Absolutely!  I insist the NPS move Yosemite to my area!  I will not stand for this discrimination any longer!!!!11!!!!11!
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 11:29:48 AM »
Absolutely!  I insist the NPS move Yosemite to my area!  I will not stand for this discrimination any longer!!!!11!!!!11!

!00% Agree.  I like mountain climbing.  If the NPS could move a couple of peaks (ideally over 14,000') into FL so we could all use them, I'd appreciate that.  Right now they seem to be clustered in blue states (CA, WA, OR, and CO), so just tell those states "From each [state] according to their means, to each [state] according to their needs."  I'm sure they'll understand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 12:46:34 PM »
!00% Agree.  I like mountain climbing.  If the NPS could move a couple of peaks (ideally over 14,000') into FL so we could all use them, I'd appreciate that.  Right now they seem to be clustered in blue states (CA, WA, OR, and CO), so just tell those states "From each [state] according to their means, to each [state] according to their needs."  I'm sure they'll understand.

Luckily we have great and high peaks in Idaho that are not encumbered by National Parks and their rules. I believe we're the only Western state with no National Parks. Come out to Idaho and climb a mountain with your machine gun, raft the river of no return (like the Black Rifle Coffee guys do), build a campfire with real wood, shoot or catch your dinner, and follow it with whiskey and a cigar and no SJW Park Rangers to tell you that you're killing the Earth.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 01:23:06 PM »
This reminds of a thing the left was pushing that blacks found it hard to vote because they didn't know where to go register.

So a Youtube guy went to a neighborhood in NYC and asked a whole bunch of black adults if they knew where the DMV was. Turns out they did.

It's all part of the concept that blacks are too stupid to figure things out and therefore the rest of us have to do things or put up with things (whatever those things happen to be) to make sure these poor unfortunates can make it through life.

It enfeebles them, entraps us, and empowers and enriches those who push this agenda. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 02:14:41 PM »
Shouldn't Elizabeth Warren be all over this?

Because... CAMPING IS A HUMAN RIGHT!
You'd think with her claimed ancestral heritage Ms. Warren would have had plenty of camping experience.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
This reminds of a thing the left was pushing that blacks found it hard to vote because they didn't know where to go register.

So a Youtube guy went to a neighborhood in NYC and asked a whole bunch of black adults if they knew where the DMV was. Turns out they did.

It's all part of the concept that blacks are too stupid to figure things out and therefore the rest of us have to do things or put up with things (whatever those things happen to be) to make sure these poor unfortunates can make it through life.

It enfeebles them, entraps us, and empowers and enriches those who push this agenda. 
Exactly.  Leftists think black people are stupid.  I don't really know any other way to explain stuff like this. 

Also, when they say black people have had this stripped from them, wasn't that their choice?  My understanding is black people essentially migrated to the cities for jobs because that was where the industry was.  Same reason a lot of other people moved there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »

For your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »
You white folks go camping just so that you can shoot Black Bears
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 07:16:55 PM »
Shuffling that race card deck hard are we? 🙄
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »
You white folks go camping just so that you can shoot Black Bears

Ursine Lives Matter.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
Luckily we have great and high peaks in Idaho that are not encumbered by National Parks and their rules. I believe we're the only Western state with no National Parks. Come out to Idaho and climb a mountain with your machine gun, raft the river of no return (like the Black Rifle Coffee guys do), build a campfire with real wood, shoot or catch your dinner, and follow it with whiskey and a cigar and no SJW Park Rangers to tell you that you're killing the Earth.  =D

Yellowstone spills over into Idaho.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 12:51:47 AM »

Does it? Or is that the Cariboo-Targhee National Forest?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 01:04:06 AM »
Yellowstone might spill over to the east coast one day.

When I was younger we camped in an old tent or we might do truck camping at the river. Plenty of people liked to catch the catfish.

Color didn't matter everyone was welcome at the fire and the bank.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 07:54:14 AM »
Does it? Or is that the Cariboo-Targhee National Forest?

It took several maps before I found one with sufficient detail, but I was able to answer my own question. Yellowstone does extend into Idaho. The line between Yellowstone and the Cariboo-Targhee National Forest is a strait line that runs parallel to the state boundary, but west of it. In fact, it looks like the intent was for Yellowstone to end at the state line but the surveyors missed it by thaaaat much.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:12 AM »

True, but even the NPS doesn't seem to give Idaho any NPS cred. If you search for National Parks in Idaho, the only sites most webpages list are the monuments and stuff. The small Idaho part of Yellowstone is actually pretty nice. Not as much of the "famous scenery" associated with Yellowstone, but plenty of buffalo, and some nice fishing spots. Most people just seem to use it as an entrance though.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:42:18 AM by Ben »

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 06:49:25 AM »
I remember seeing this type of message being pushed in an Outdoors magazine maybe 3-4 years ago.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic