Author Topic: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin  (Read 14151 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin
« on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
Match this is gasoline. Gasoline this is match

Could have been going for a gun in the car?
The media optics don't look good at this point and will no doubt only inflame the current situation

WATCH NOW: State DOJ will probe officer-involved shooting; man in serious condition
https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/watch-now-neighbors-man-shot-by-police-at-40th-street-and-28th-ave/article_f1adbd13-3a15-5cdd-bd4e-95113ca36de4.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:25:44 PM »
Yeah, I'll wait more more info, but the video does not look good.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 10:31:57 PM »
Comment on twitchy

Patroclus • 31 minutes ago

If you work at Target, you might want to take next week off.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/08/23/man-shot-by-police-in-kenosha-wisc-listed-in-serious-condition-state-doj-will-investigate/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:17:14 PM »
In The Round Table, someone was looking for advice on how to get rid of a van.

Maybe he should drop it off at the nearest AutoZone, first thing tomorrow?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:42:16 PM »
Oh ffs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 12:35:22 AM »
I would like to see all the available video.  I thought the Floyd incident looked a bit different after we were able to see the entire encounter.  I really hate these short clips. 

Yes, it doesn't look good.  There might be plausible reasons for the shots or not.  Don't know what was said or what was happened prior to the video starting.  The article said they attempted to tase him, but I don't know if that happened during the video or not.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 12:41:49 AM »

Yes, it doesn't look good.  There might be plausible reasons for the shots or not.  Don't know what was said or what was happened prior to the video starting.  The article said they attempted to tase him, but I don't know if that happened during the video or not.

Near the beginning of the video there were two soft pops -- those might have been tasers. Then there was a burst of three gunshots, a brief pause, and then four more gunshots.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 01:21:42 AM »
This is going to be a rough week.
Every time I think things may have a chance to start calming down.

PHOTOS, VIDEO: State of emergency declared after riot breaks out over the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/08/24/photos-video-state-of-emergency-declared-after-riot-breaks-out-over-the-shooting-of-jacob-blake-in-kenosha/

Kitty Shackleford
@KittyLists
·
2h
There's mass chaos in Kenosha, WI after an officer involved shooting. A molotov cocktail (among other objects) was just thrown at officers, and somebody seriously injured
https://twitter.com/KittyLists/status/1297720873789472768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 01:44:21 AM »
   While we do not have all of the details yet, what we know for certain is that he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or our country.

— Governor Tony Evers (@GovEvers) August 24, 2020

What a *expletive deleted*che bag of a governor. Says "While we do not have all of the details yet" then throws the cop under the bus then puts it in reverse and backs over him for good measure in the same sentence.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 08:13:04 AM »
What a *expletive deleted*che bag of a governor. Says "While we do not have all of the details yet" then throws the cop under the bus then puts it in reverse and backs over him for good measure in the same sentence.

Incredibly stupid thing for a governor to say before more is known. He might as well be out in the crowd, Molotov cocktail in hand, helping burn down his state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 10:20:15 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »
Incredibly stupid thing for a governor to say before more is known. He might as well be out in the crowd, Molotov cocktail in hand, helping burn down his state.
I think some of these people want the riots and chaos.  Like the Chicago Mayor, they will make sure it doesn't come back on them personally. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 10:35:07 AM »
Nothing says social justice like a store full of burning batteries and tires.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1297867762958766080?s=19
Up close look at the car dealership fire set by BLM arsonists in Wisconsin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 02:37:24 PM »
Compilation of the riots and aftermath:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/24/like-a-scene-out-of-hell-watch-peaceful-protesters-in-wisconsin-respond-to-jacob-blake-shooting-by-terrorizing-police-and-their-community/

Of note: When conservatives peacefully protest, destroy nothing, but are armed, they are violent terrorists. When the left destroys everything in sight with projectiles and fire, and are armed with ARs, they are peacefully protesting. If I were to accidentally turn down one of these streets, besides my car as a weapon of escape, I think a submachine gun in the car would be justified for my survival.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »
This sucks because I'm going to be in Wisconsin hunting the first couple weeks of September. I'm not driving through the twin cities on my way there like I normally do if this goes to riot mode.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »
I'm afraid the constant whining from the toxic, leftist goons who style themselves "the black community," and that whole month where corporate/institutional America flailed around shouting, "I love black people!" has really dampened my capacity to care about police brutality. I know I should care, but...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
I'm afraid the constant whining from the toxic, leftist goons who style themselves "the black community," and that whole month where corporate/institutional America flailed around shouting, "I love black people!" has really dampened my capacity to care about police brutality. I know I should care, but...
QFT

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
I know it shouldn't matter but the guy shot up in Kenosha has been previously arrested on gun charges, domestic violence and one other I forget off the top of my head, might actually be resisting arrest.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
I know it shouldn't matter but the guy shot up in Kenosha has been previously arrested on gun charges, domestic violence and one other I forget off the top of my head, might actually be resisting arrest.

He also had a warrant out for his arrest
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »
Compilation of the riots and aftermath:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/24/like-a-scene-out-of-hell-watch-peaceful-protesters-in-wisconsin-respond-to-jacob-blake-shooting-by-terrorizing-police-and-their-community/

Of note: When conservatives peacefully protest, destroy nothing, but are armed, they are violent terrorists. When the left destroys everything in sight with projectiles and fire, and are armed with ARs, they are peacefully protesting. If I were to accidentally turn down one of these streets, besides my car as a weapon of escape, I think a submachine gun in the car would be justified for my survival.

Corollary to that from the videos on that twitchy link:

The Sheriff's Dep (and possibly some of the BLM guys) just figured out one of the main gotcha's of mechinzed infantry.  Yeah you can get there all safe and sound, but deploying from that vehicle within sight of the enemy is *very* sketchy.  One or two rifleman can effectively keep those guys bottled up in their MRAPs for a long time.  That's why Brads and Strykers have big guns, and deploy in numbers to cover each other.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »

Timcast did a segment on this.

The shootee had apparently assaulted cops in the past and was arrested for illegal carrying of a gun and was getting into a vehicle which could have contained any number of weapons.

So the shooting sounds bad at first but giving this guy's history and his actions at the time it gets a lot more reasonable.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »
But what's more important here is how it looks to anyone looking for an excuse to riot. It appeared to me as I mentioned in the OP he could have been reaching for a gun. But I'm not someone who feels cop are hunting down blacks for the sport of killing them so I don't have that coloring my view of events.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
Corollary to that from the videos on that twitchy link:

The Sheriff's Dep (and possibly some of the BLM guys) just figured out one of the main gotcha's of mechinzed infantry.  Yeah you can get there all safe and sound, but deploying from that vehicle within sight of the enemy is *very* sketchy.  One or two rifleman can effectively keep those guys bottled up in their MRAPs for a long time.  That's why Brads and Strykers have big guns, and deploy in numbers to cover each other.

How much longer before armed "peaceful protestors" and police engage in an actual firefight in one of the cities undergoing violent riots?  How long after that first firefight will the police in that locale be disarmed by the idiots governing the city where it occurs?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.