Author Topic: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin  (Read 14154 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2020, 08:22:03 PM »
But what's more important here is how it looks to anyone looking for an excuse to riot. It appeared to me as I mentioned in the OP he could have been reaching for a gun. But I'm not someone who feels cop are hunting down blacks for the sport of killing them so I don't have that coloring my view of events.
I agree.  Looked to me like a situation where the officer saw him reach for a gun, fired a few times.  Saw him still with the gun and shot a few more times. 

Point for those thinking cops are evil:  If cops were really trying to hunt down and kill black people, none of it would be on camera have any witnesses.  They aren't going to gun someone down in front of a hundred people. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
Compilation of the riots and aftermath:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/24/like-a-scene-out-of-hell-watch-peaceful-protesters-in-wisconsin-respond-to-jacob-blake-shooting-by-terrorizing-police-and-their-community/

Of note: When conservatives peacefully protest, destroy nothing, but are armed, they are violent terrorists. When the left destroys everything in sight with projectiles and fire, and are armed with ARs, they are peacefully protesting. If I were to accidentally turn down one of these streets, besides my car as a weapon of escape, I think a submachine gun in the car would be justified for my survival.

From one of the comments:

Not sure who coined this term but it is apt for how the media/establishment views the times we’re living in: “leftist violence is speech; rightist speech is violence.” https://t.co/nQxnKcXsdR

— Nick Short (@PoliticalShort) August 24, 2020
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »
i have not looked at the vids posted here, but the one i saw this morning looked like a good shoot.
people keep guns under the front seat, he was reaching for something.
if i see cops pointing guns at me, i cooperate
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2020, 10:41:23 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 12:23:17 AM »
How much longer before armed "peaceful protestors" and police engage in an actual firefight in one of the cities undergoing violent riots?  How long after that first firefight will the police in that locale be disarmed by the idiots governing the city where it occurs?

That's why they (the police) need to make the first shootout count.  A few dozen dead rioters, a hundred or so wounded.  Then the entire police force (including the brass) calls in sick the next day. 

I have a pretty low opinion of the police.  That I would ever take their side over the protesters means this *expletive deleted*it has been going on way too long and I no longer care about the details.

And Governor Evans should be arrested for inciting a riot.

"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 09:01:08 AM »
That's why they (the police) need to make the first shootout count.  A few dozen dead rioters, a hundred or so wounded.  Then the entire police force (including the brass) calls in sick the next day. 

I have a pretty low opinion of the police.  That I would ever take their side over the protesters means this *expletive deleted*it has been going on way too long and I no longer care about the details.

And Governor Evans should be arrested for inciting a riot.

I hate to say it, plus  I know it sounds like "armchair warrior" talk, but seeing what these people do and say in all the videos I have seen, I have to agree with, "mow a bunch of them down."

I couldn't care less about their bravado if they were just out yelling, or even as much as  I hate to see it, destroying property. But these aholes have been severely injuring innocent people, and it has only gotten worse because there have been basically zero repercussions. If a half dozen of these antifa aholes were shot dead while attacking a little old lady, this stuff might simmer down. Or I'd be good with beating them within an inch of their lives. Dialogue doesn't work with these idiots.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 09:38:53 AM »
That is one thing I have seen that needs to be shut down.  A whole bunch of these people get violent and combative with cops and getting in their face very aggressively.  Police just stand there or do their best to arrest them without causing injury.  They do this even to the point of putting themselves in danger.  I think if cops were allowed to respond with more physical force including batons, they might shut some of this down without shooting people. 

https://youtu.be/jtyELAJKQO8?t=570
At 9:30, Matt Walsh shares a police video of two officers trying to arrest a guy.  He manages to get free, go grab a gun and start shooting at the officers.  IMO, this is how the incident in Wisconsin could easily have turned out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:28 AM »
Somehow I feel that if it were right wingers rioting, the Panopticon Police State would figure out who was funding, organizing and participating within a couple days and we'd already be talking about their trials  [tinfoil]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 10:06:38 AM »
That is one thing I have seen that needs to be shut down.  A whole bunch of these people get violent and combative with cops and getting in their face very aggressively.  Police just stand there or do their best to arrest them without causing injury.  They do this even to the point of putting themselves in danger.  I think if cops were allowed to respond with more physical force including batons, they might shut some of this down without shooting people. 

https://youtu.be/jtyELAJKQO8?t=570
At 9:30, Matt Walsh shares a police video of two officers trying to arrest a guy.  He manages to get free, go grab a gun and start shooting at the officers.  IMO, this is how the incident in Wisconsin could easily have turned out. 

I've seen that video before (the guy opening fire on the police officers after fighting them off) and was the first thing I thought of when people were saying "he was just trying to get into his car!!!"

Well, you don't get to do that when the police are trying to arrest you. You DESERVE to be shot for that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 10:33:39 AM »
I've seen that video before (the guy opening fire on the police officers after fighting them off) and was the first thing I thought of when people were saying "he was just trying to get into his car!!!"

Well, you don't get to do that when the police are trying to arrest you. You DESERVE to be shot for that.
I was just wandering if the cops had deployed batons as soon as he started to fight and knocked him around a couple times, would it have changed anything?  I don't know.  It probably wouldn't have looked good on camera though. 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8660213/Video-shows-Jacob-Blake-brawling-cops-shot-Wisconsin-cops-placed-leave.html

Benjamin Crump shared video of the incident on his Twitter feed, and confirmed today he is now representing Blake's family, and will 'demand answers' from police.

Does that name set off alarm bells for anyone else?

Let me refresh your memory, if not:

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Zimmerman-sues-Trayvon-Martins-family-attorneys-565797011.html

He's the blood-sucking, race-baiting, perjury suborning, vile, sub-human lawyer who represented the family of Trayvon Martin.

Oh, that will calm tensions. Certainly.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »
So PETA and those guys will be doing something, right?

Heed the warning at the link. This actually is pretty graphic and sickening with the cheering:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/25/shocking-and-blood-boiling-peaceful-rioters-murder-a-raccoon-demonstrate-that-none-of-this-is-about-justice/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 01:34:09 PM »
Don't you hate it when your peaceful protest march is interrupted by fires and destruction. Bad fire! Bad Destruction!

Peaceful marches in Kenosha, Wis., against the police shooting of a Black man gave way to fires and destruction. https://t.co/45SHCTyOmg

— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 25, 2020
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/25/how-is-this-tweet-real-nyts-spin-on-kenosha-in-flames-is-truly-orwellian/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8660213/Video-shows-Jacob-Blake-brawling-cops-shot-Wisconsin-cops-placed-leave.html

He's the blood-sucking, race-baiting, perjury suborning, vile, sub-human lawyer who represented the family of Trayvon Martin.

The only pictures of Blake we'll be seeing from now on will be from when he was 8 years old.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »
Be interesting to see if there's body cam footage of him actually grabbing a gun. Not that that's going to make an oz of difference to the "let's loot and burn" crowd.
Even if it did I wouldn't expect them to do anything but go back home and start up the usual "see what YOU did to our neighborhood?! YOU need to fix this!" violin
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2020, 03:02:39 PM »

Crump seems to pop almost everywhere this happens. Kira Davis says that's because he's the one that immediately gets in touch with and offers to "help" the families, who usually don't exactly have their own law firm on retainer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2020, 03:26:21 PM »
Armed BLM rioters stop a police armored vehicle in Kenosha, which then proceeds to throw tear gas.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1297770791891656706

I've been expecting this to turn into a shooting war for a while now . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »
Armed BLM rioters stop a police armored vehicle in Kenosha, which then proceeds to throw tear gas.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1297770791891656706

I've been expecting this to turn into a shooting war for a while now . . . .
Was that noise at the end the guy with the rifle shooting at the vehicle?  I wasn't sure.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Was that noise at the end the guy with the rifle shooting at the vehicle?  I wasn't sure.

It's hard to say for sure.  Around 1:40 it sounds like what might be gunfire.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2020, 04:21:20 PM »
It's hard to say for sure.  Around 1:40 it sounds like what might be gunfire.

I thought it was gunfire at first, three shots, but then there was a similar shot-like sound when a CS gas canister detonated just before the AV went around the corner.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2020, 03:19:28 PM »
The mother of the man shot and paralyzed in Kenosha seems pretty level-headed.  She was interviewed on CNN:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298645750302347265