Author Topic: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin  (Read 14172 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Police shooting in Kenosha Wisconsin
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-defense-raises-millions

More than $2 million reportedly have been raised to fund the defense of Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old who has been charged with killing two rioters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last month.

As of Monday, crowdfunding site GiveSendGo has accumulated more than $523,000 for Rittenhouse. And a report from The Associated Press published Thursday said that defense lawyers representing the teen have brought in about $2 million in funds.

I suspect he's going to need all of it.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-defense-raises-millions

I suspect he's going to need all of it.

Given the current political climate, absolutely.  His lawyers have their work cut out for them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2020, 08:35:10 PM »

Wisconsin Prosecutors Drop Charges Against First Shooter in Order to Prosecute Kyle Rittenhouse
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wisconsin-prosecutors-drop-charges-against-first-shooter-in-order-to-prosecute-kyle-rittenhouse/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2020, 10:07:31 PM »
My great grandfather became a professor of law because he couldn't stomach what he saw in the real world. My grandfather often repeated the professor's advice:

"There is no justice in the courts." That's far more true today than it was over a hundred years ago, when he said it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2020, 11:18:46 PM »

Wisconsin Prosecutors Drop Charges Against First Shooter in Order to Prosecute Kyle Rittenhouse
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wisconsin-prosecutors-drop-charges-against-first-shooter-in-order-to-prosecute-kyle-rittenhouse/

:facepalm: [barf]      This is despicable. 

Clownworld.     Again....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2020, 11:30:54 PM »
But that's a nice photo of the prosecutor.
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2020, 11:42:19 PM »
 :rofl:  Touche' . 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2020, 08:53:30 PM »
Sounds like a straw purchase.
Dominick Black, 19, is charged with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 causing death.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Court:

Black purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle from Ladysmith Ace Home Center up in Ladysmith on May 1, 2020.

The complaint says Black bought the gun with money from Rittenhouse with the intention of giving the gun to him.

Rittenhouse was 17 at the time and thus not of legal age to buy a gun in Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse and Black agreed the gun would be stored at Black's stepfather's home in Kenosha. The address of that home matches the address listed for Black on the criminal complaint.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
Sounds like a straw purchase.

Uh, oh.

Mr. Rittenhouse isn'y the squeaky clean, all-American boy we thought he was. Good golly, he's a FELON.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2020, 09:41:08 PM »
Uh, oh.

Mr. Rittenhouse isn'y the squeaky clean, all-American boy we thought he was. Good golly, he's a FELON.

Guess they'll be letting him go then
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2020, 04:19:45 PM »
The slayer of peaceful for justice protesters is out on bail

Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen charged in Wisconsin protest slayings, posts $2M bail
https://www.wdrb.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-the-illinois-teen-charged-in-wisconsin-protest-slayings-posts-2m-bail/article_745aafbc-98ab-570b-ad81-b10ef285d64e.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
Uh, oh.

For committing a “crime” that millions of American boys have committed without causing trouble. I guarantee you a lot of “first” firearms have been acquired by the same method.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2020, 01:55:21 PM »

Nice shirt.
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
For committing a “crime” that millions of American boys have committed without causing trouble. I guarantee you a lot of “first” firearms have been acquired by the same method.

Yep.

All part of the program -- make everyone an unconvicted felon. Then, when they're ready, start rounding them us up.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2020, 10:00:39 PM »
Re my previous post: apparently Rittenhouse's choice of apparel in that photo is proving problematic for Black Rifle Coffee Company: the usual suspects are claiming that BRCC is supporting Rittenhouse and are calling for a boycott. 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/black-rifle-coffee-says-they-have-nothing-to-do-with-kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-after-hes-seen-wearing-their-shirt/

BRCC responds:  https://twitter.com/blckriflecoffee/status/1330657893213986816

... and appears to have pissed off a lot of their own customers, judging by the comments.

It might have been better if the company had just kept quiet.
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2020, 04:26:42 AM »
Meh, the Twitter mob was going to come for them one day anyway.

I am a little mind boggled by folks in that Twitter thread calling Even Hafer a coward.  Like, maybe you don't like his stance on an issue, or wish he'd risked his company in a different way, but dude is a Special Forces combat veteran.  Coward isn't an adjective that applies.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2020, 08:43:03 AM »
I guess his statement was okay, given the circumstances. Better than I thought it would be from reading statements about his statement before I heard his statement. :)

I think he could have made it like 10 seconds though, and just made some simple statement about "we're not involved in the Rittenhouse thing either way, he happened to be wearing one of our shirts." Long ass explanations make people think you're dancing around the issue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2020, 08:45:00 AM »
I guess he will find out how well he knows his customer base.

An active neutral stance "feels" no different than a disavowal.

He probably should have just refused to speak with the media as neutrality is no win situation and looks weak.

Refusing to speak with the media and being dismissive towards them would have been the better play IMHO.

As it stands they are still connected with Kyle due to the photo and they apparently po'd a lot of customers.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
I guess his statement was okay, given the circumstances. Better than I thought it would be from reading statements about his statement before I heard his statement. :)

I think he could have made it like 10 seconds though, and just made some simple statement about "we're not involved in the Rittenhouse thing either way, he happened to be wearing one of our shirts." Long ass explanations make people think you're dancing around the issue.

Nowadays with so many people looking for any excuse to be offended and/or be outraged it doesn't matter why he was wearing it. Look at the outrage that started over the Goya/Trump thing. If they find out he was wearing Hanes underwear you can bet dollars to donuts they will be calling for a boycott of Hanes
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2020, 10:31:26 AM »
I guess he will find out how well he knows his customer base.

An active neutral stance "feels" no different than a disavowal.

He probably should have just refused to speak with the media as neutrality is no win situation and looks weak.

Refusing to speak with the media and being dismissive towards them would have been the better play IMHO.

As it stands they are still connected with Kyle due to the photo and they apparently po'd a lot of customers.

I don't think so.  I think they PO'd like 50 customers and a couple hundred internet folk who weren't buying expensive, small batch, rifle themed coffee anyway.

They had to say something because the mob started a social media rumor that they were dumping advertising partners over it.  (it was a big deal in the Coffee Club FB group for a couple hours)

As I understand it from watching it in real time, it went like so:

1. Blaze Media person posted the pic, and included an existing BRCC Promo code (from an existing deal in between BRCC and Blaze)
2. Twitter freaks out that BRCC sponsor's Kyle with promo code.
3. BRCC messages person who posted tweet and says some version of "Hey, maybe don't have the code in the Tweet with Kyle, it looks like we are taking more of a stand then we want to."  Blaze Tweeter removes code.
4. Twitter Freaks out that BRCC has caved to the mob and has dumped Blaze Media as an advertising partner.
5. Frothing at the mouth ensues.
6. Evan releases 2:20 video saying no-one's advertising or promo deal was dumped, he just doesn't want to profit on a situation where people died.
7. less than 2 min after the 2:20 video is posted Twitter is again frothing at the mouth about BRCC "disavowing" Kyle.  (I guess Kyle is on the IM team now....)

and here we are.

I am sipping my Silencer smooth as I type this, but if it's just to far past the pale for anyone to buy coffee from someone that said something on the internet, let me draw your attention to www.invadercoffee.com . They are another veteran owned, expensive, small batch coffee roaster to fill your needs.  (Although they are headquartered in Austin, so Gods only know what whacko *expletive deleted*it they might be into)

It's a brave new world[internet]: you must choose sides and once you have the other side is sub-human and must be destroyed.  That attitude has never had consequences before. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
I don't drink coffee but if I did I would buy some from them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2020, 10:42:19 AM »
Went into KyGunCo and they had it cheaper than I can find it on the internet and not much more than reg coffee. Tried it and didn't think it was anything special. It's not bad just nothing to get excited over.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »
The larger issue the BRCC thing gets into is, are only certain people allowed to buy certain products, and do businesses have to screen their customers to ensure they meet cancel culture approval? As a German descendant, am I allowed to have a WW1 German Imperial flag (which I actually have hanging on a wall). Some white supremacists are now using it instead of the nazi flag, I have read. So I have to take it down because of what someone else is doing? Or Amazon has to stop selling them?

There's probably a whole lot of reprobates out their wearing BRCC shirts or drinking from their mugs. There are also those who half the country thinks are reprobates but the other half applauds. Companies now have to make these decisions for people and choose sides, kinda like facebook and twitter are doing?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
I don't think so.

Hopefully for their sake you are correct.

They did nothing to get dragged into that issue other than virtue signal their support of black rifles and self defense.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »

It's a brave new world[internet]: you must choose sides and once you have the other side is sub-human and must be destroyed.  That attitude has never had consequences before.  

Like comparing them to a virus that needs to be "snuffed-out"

Republicanism is no longer a political problem; Republicanism is a social problem. It must be treated in the same way coronavirus is treated: it has to be isolated and snuffed-out by repressing it in about 70% of the general population.

— Jerry Saltz (@jerrysaltz) November 21, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/21/hot-take-art-critic-says-republicanism-needs-to-isolated-and-snuffed-out-in-the-same-way-as-the-coronavirus/
- Calvin and Hobbes