Author Topic: Where do you place the odds of a 50 state sweep by Trump?  (Read 13879 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Where do you place the odds of a 50 state sweep by Trump?
« on: August 24, 2020, 12:56:01 AM »
I already think he's going to win in a landslide and given what people are seeing from the left and the fact that blacks are not happy with the "defund the police" movement and therefore could vote for Trump despite not liking much else about him could swing the vote sufficient for Trump to win states that would usually be considered safely blue.

So I'm thinking he has at least a 50/50 chance of a sweep.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Where do you place the odds of a 50 state sweep by Trump?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 01:02:40 AM »
Pretty much zero
If he won either California or NY I would be in total shock.
The rest of the west coast, Illinois, Connecticut, Massachusetts mostly in shock.

A 50 state sweep would glorious though
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 01:26:03 AM »
Near zero.

Our country hasn't been this ideologically and  politically divided in a long time.  I believe that there are many, many people who are very upset with the president and will vote for change.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 01:49:01 AM »
Absolutely zero chance of a fifty state sweep.  In fact, I believe there is a very good chance Trump will lose.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 06:52:58 AM »
Zero.

Like Rocketman, I think Trump has a real chance at losing, but the signal to noise ratio in polls and media makes it hard to accurately guess either way.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:46 AM »
Zero.

No way does he carry California, New York, Maryland, or Hawaii.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 07:28:18 AM »
Agreed.  Cali, NY, and a few other Dem states will not go Trump.  I believe this could end up like 2016, with Trump winning the electoral college, but losing the popular vote.  I expect to hear cries to end the electoral college, and even a few dump congress critters to introduce bills to do so (only to learn after the fact that it doesn't work that way).  I believe that there will be a real media push to end the college, along the lines of "make your vote actually count".  Whether it gets enough support to move forward, I doubt it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 08:06:01 AM »
Even with the presupposition that we actually have elections with accurate vote counts I say no chance.

Illinois doesn't have accurate vote counts. Chicago always has tailored numbers to make sure the vote supports the left.

I suspect Cali, NY and some other states are the same, the votes have been rigged and manipulated for decades.

The Trump Team is fighting a well oiled, well funded machine that just about had seized permanent control.

Here in northern Illinois he is hated by probably half the people, a malicious, vitriolic hatred. Even the Trump supporters don't support Trump per se but support some of his policies and are just scared to death of the looney leftists enough to vote for Orange Man Bad. Some of the most pro Trump comments I've heard have been from minority folks oddly enough. Of course they are immune to the withering attacks on whiteness and white privilege so they are free to speak their mind. 

I'm in the 50/50 camp about Trump being able to win again.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 08:37:53 AM »
Absolutely freaking zero

I'm not even convinced at this point he will win.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 09:02:53 AM »
Zero. I would say the same if someone asked the chances of a Dem 50 state win. Though sadly, I think there are fewer states that would block a dem sweep than states that would block an R sweep.

California alone, will likely never again be an R win. Especially with the illegal voting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 09:37:49 AM »
Do you know why the riots continue in Portland and similar cities? Because the voters in those areas support wholeheartedly.

Zero chance of carrying 50 states. If the Dems are able to pull off their bullshit about mail in voting, then he will definitely lose too.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
And if he does win expect the media/libs/dems/protesters to turn the crazy dial way pass 11
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
The odds of a 50 state sweep? less than zero.

I also don't think a Trump win is a sure bet. The election fraud we are going to see this year will make even the worst 3rd world banana republic sham election look downright saintly. I suspect we will not know the winner for weeks or months after the election and it will likely end up in the SCOTUS for resolution.

Either way it turns out this great experiment of the American Republic will be finished. If Trump wins the temper tantrum from the left will make the current social unrest look like a prayer circle. If the left take control the celebratory riots will not look all that different and the implementation of the democrat agenda will destroy what is left of this country.

Either way, keep your head on a swivel and keep your powder dry.

[ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »
How can he possibly win? He's already lost the massive white nationalist voting block.

I plan to vote for Biden and a straight democratic ticket. It’s not based on “accelerationism” or anything like that; the liberals are clearly more competent people.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/24/the-perfect-match-richard-spencer-yes-that-guy-says-hes-team-biden-and-democrats-all-the-way-now-they-can-have-him/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
I thought I heard Washington and Oregon have gone to all mail-in voting.  Do you think that vote will swing to Trump? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 10:20:38 AM »
I thought I heard Washington and Oregon have gone to all mail-in voting.  Do you think that vote will swing to Trump? 

Basically the whole West Coast plus Hawaii are lost, at least for the foreseeable future. The more I read, the more it seems OR and WA are actually going harder left than CA, despite their very conservative interiors.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »
As far as sweeping Democrat states?  I remember the shear number of votes that were counted in LA county and New York City during the 2016 election.  I think there will be something similar this time.  It would take a great deal of shift in voting patterns to change the state-wide vote in those cities.

Also, I think there are liberals and minorities who are upset with the Democrats embracing the riots, but I have no idea how many.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 10:38:07 AM »
Basically the whole West Coast plus Hawaii are lost, at least for the foreseeable future. The more I read, the more it seems OR and WA are actually going harder left than CA, despite their very conservative interiors.
Do you think events of the last 6 months have changed anyone's minds?  A lot of suburbanites in those West Coast cities have been scared rioting was coming out to their neighborhoods.  The local Democrat politicians weren't a lot of helps at least from my view. 

It may not matter since sometimes people are just stupid.  Also, the R alternative there might just suck worse. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
I think Trump will be reelected,   but THERE IS NO WAY FOR HIM TO GO TO A SWEEPING VICTORY A LA REAGAN IN 1984.  It's also possible there will be a repeat of 2016 where the popular vote goes to Biden but Trump gets the electoral college majority.  
It's going to be close however it goes down.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
Do you think events of the last 6 months have changed anyone's minds?  A lot of suburbanites in those West Coast cities have been scared rioting was coming out to their neighborhoods.  The local Democrat politicians weren't a lot of helps at least from my view.  

It may not matter since sometimes people are just stupid.  Also, the R alternative there might just suck worse.  

Maybe some but I fear most have been conditioned by years of school and the media to think that there is only one solution to any problem and that is liberalism and if that fails more liberalism. Anything else would be crazy.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
The only two electoral college sweeps were George Washington's two terms.

James Monroe got 231 out of 232 in 1820; supposedly the one elector who dissented did so to preserve George Washington's unanimous election.

The closest to a sweep in my lifetime was in 1984 when Ronald Reagan took 523 of 531.

The 13 electoral votes Mondale got were in his home state of Minnesota, which he won by 0.18% of the total vote, and Washington, DC, where Mondale got almost 86% of the vote. Since then, it has NOT gotten any better for Republicans in DC.

If the Gipper couldn't pull off a sweep in 1984 against Mondale... well, you do the math.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 10:46:18 AM »
More than a few people I know think that no matter what happens, this election is going to be going to the courts.

It's funny as hell that there's a cartoon out right now where Trump is shown as a football coach outlining his strategy on a chalboard for his GOP team; one word on the board -- CHEAT.

Morons are passing that around whining like mad, thinking that the Democratic party somehow is pure as driven snow. The only reason the Dems started screeching about Republican "cheating" is because the Republicans finally started using some of the same tactics that the Dems have used for decades.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 10:53:01 AM »
. . . The election fraud we are going to see this year will make even the worst 3rd world banana republic sham election look downright saintly . . .

QFT.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
Do you think events of the last 6 months have changed anyone's minds?  A lot of suburbanites in those West Coast cities have been scared rioting was coming out to their neighborhoods.  The local Democrat politicians weren't a lot of helps at least from my view. 

It may not matter since sometimes people are just stupid.  Also, the R alternative there might just suck worse. 

I can't speak to OR and WA, but after 58 years as a Californian, any changing of minds there will be to such a small degree that it won't matter. The entire coast there is brainwashed. There might be CA liberals buying guns for the first time right now because they are afraid of losing police, but they will still hate the police, whether they are antifa terrorists or six figure dual income Prius drivers who need to say the right things at the wine and cheese parties.

I have only to read the old hometown newspaper there to see how absolutely closed-minded they are. If their houses are burnded down by antifa, it will still be because of Trump.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 11:43:54 AM »
I keep watching clips from "Rising," w/ Sagaar Enjetti and Krystal Ball (sp?), and they keep pushing the idea that progressives and leftists have been pushed out of the Dem party. Wall Street-friendly "Neo-Liberals" have taken over. They think Biden and Harris are centrists.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife