Author Topic: Live feed of protests from kenosha  (Read 11930 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Live feed of protests from kenosha
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:38:26 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Live feed of protests from kenosha
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 10:43:18 PM »
Live feed from Kenosha-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOEOAgcJz8k

Should have given them 1 hour to disperse (that's traditional, re The Riot Act of 1714) then at about 62 minutes arrest everyone left (including the press) and charge them with felony Riot.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:47:17 PM »
Anyway to turn off that stupid Super chat voice?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
I've always heard that people used to find various ways to keep black people from moving into their neighborhoods, and maybe in some places they still do. I'd hate to think those sort of practices would come back, sub rosa, but that sure seems to be what the race rioters are going for.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 10:53:51 PM »
I've always heard that people used to find various ways to keep black people from moving into their neighborhoods, and maybe in some places they still do. I'd hate to think those sort of practices would come back, sub rosa, but that sure seems to be what the race rioters are going for.  =|

Well they've been calling for segregation
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:36:07 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 10:58:10 PM »
They need to mount pepper spray cannons on the front of the bearcat vehicles
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 10:58:38 PM »
    An American flag was just burned outside the Kenosha County Courthouse. One woman screams, “Death to America!” and kicks the fence. pic.twitter.com/vI8U6EOGBv

— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) August 26, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 11:07:20 PM »
Need about 5 Klingons with Bat'leths to show up. It would be glorious
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 11:12:44 PM »
I gotta go to bed.
 =(

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 12:52:26 AM »
Fire fight
- Calvin and Hobbes

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:22 AM »
Apparently someone's had enough of the BS and opened up

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 01:25:17 AM »
3 people shot.
Someone said guy got hit in the head with something and opened fire.
No clue on which side shooter or the three people are on.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 01:45:26 AM »
3 people shot.
Someone said guy got hit in the head with something and opened fire.
No clue on which side shooter or the three people are on.

Someone from the No F**king Clue Coalition slammed their AR buttstock on the ground.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2020, 08:18:59 AM »
Here's some videos of that. I can't tell if the guy with the rifle is on the protestor or "guarding property" side (I understand there have been clashes among protestors). I can tell that the protestors who chased him down looked kinda surprised when he shot them. It seems those people can't process what a firearm can do. Maybe it will be a wakeup call to other protestors that they are not invulnerable and free to destroy things or hurt whomever they want.

Also, in one of the other videos at the URL, some of the people guarding property really need to get out of condition white (is that racist?).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kenosha-police
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2020, 08:43:20 AM »
Here's some videos of that. I can't tell if the guy with the rifle is on the protestor or "guarding property" side (I understand there have been clashes among protestors). I can tell that the protestors who chased him down looked kinda surprised when he shot them. It seems those people can't process what a firearm can do. Maybe it will be a wakeup call to other protestors that they are not invulnerable and free to destroy things or hurt whomever they want.

Also, in one of the other videos at the URL, some of the people guarding property really need to get out of condition white (is that racist?).

They've never faced consequences in their lives and this one was immediate, painful, and deadly. Like most young people, they likely thought they were invincible.

If more of them got shot for assaulting people, they'd stop thinking that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 08:50:02 AM »

Watch that video closely.  They are chasing him and he is almost out of cardio capacity.  He trips and as soon as he's on the ground the mob swarms.  One tries a laser, one tries a football kick to the head, and one grabs the dropped rifle off the ground.

The guy being attacked (whatever he may have done to start this, he was being attacked here) retains his weapon only because it was slung, uses the sling to get the gun back and defends himself.  As soon as they back up, he get's up and heads for the cops where he slings the weapon behind his back and approaches with his hands up trying to talk to them, at which point multiple cop cars just drive by and leave him at the mercy of the crowd.

There's some AAR comments to be had from this.  Weapons retention is vital.  Without that sling he'd have been defensless and armed his attackers.  Don't be on the ground.  If you fall, clear a space and get up as quick as possible.  Don't count on the cops to stop and help you in the midst of a riot, or even take you into custody.  You are on your own.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »

All I'm getting at that link is video of still photos
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 08:58:43 AM »
All I'm getting at that link is video of still photos

It links to this twitter post:

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1298502384654651392

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 09:00:42 AM »
Watch that video closely.  They are chasing him and he is almost out of cardio capacity.  He trips and as soon as he's on the ground the mob swarms.  One tries a laser, one tries a football kick to the head, and one grabs the dropped rifle off the ground.

The guy being attacked (whatever he may have done to start this, he was being attacked here) retains his weapon only because it was slung, uses the sling to get the gun back and defends himself.  As soon as they back up, he get's up and heads for the cops where he slings the weapon behind his back and approaches with his hands up trying to talk to them, at which point multiple cop cars just drive by and leave him at the mercy of the crowd.

There's some AAR comments to be had from this.  Weapons retention is vital.  Without that sling he'd have been defensless and armed his attackers.  Don't be on the ground.  If you fall, clear a space and get up as quick as possible.  Don't count on the cops to stop and help you in the midst of a riot, or even take you into custody.  You are on your own.

I think I understand, and agree with your post. He seemed more lucky than trained, and in fact with only minor changes in the conditions, could have in fact been overwhelmed even by the unarmed attackers. I was mostly speaking to the apparent surprise on the part of the rioters that someone might fight back with deadly force. They seemed to be pursuing and attacking him as if he were unarmed.

As I mentioned in my aside in my previous post, a lot of the armed people seemed to be condition white / very sloppy in situational awareness.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »
It links to this twitter post:

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1298502384654651392

Thanks, overlooked it, need more coffee.

Right before he trips you can hear someone ask "What he do" Someone replies "He shot somebody". So did he shoot someone before they started chasing him? I recalled audio from the live feed that would make me think that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 09:11:35 AM »
From the way he's dressed he looks more like another protestor than one of the "militia" guy to me. Could be wrong
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 09:16:20 AM »
The cops are looking for him.  Regardless of the circumstances, he'll be charged with murder.  He's going to jail.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »
From the way he's dressed he looks more like another protestor than one of the "militia" guy to me. Could be wrong

From the way he ACTS, though, I'm betting he's not a protester. He walked towards the police, with his hands up, apparently intending to surrender.

When they don't take him into custody, I cannot blame him in the least for running. (I think it was dumb, but it's understandable.)

(Now, it's also possible that he used the surrendering as a ruse to get the police to ignore him. If that were the case, he's a very intelligent and/or brazen individual.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2020, 09:21:02 AM »
The cops are looking for him.  Regardless of the circumstances, he'll be charged with murder.  He's going to jail.

The video is clearly self defense but it appears he shot someone immediately before this video. Circumstances of that shooting is what we need to know because that could change everything
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »
From the way he ACTS, though, I'm betting he's not a protester. He walked towards the police, with his hands up, apparently intending to surrender.

When they don't take him into custody, I cannot blame him in the least for running. (I think it was dumb, but it's understandable.)

Surrounded by people who now want to kill him? At that point the police are his best friends in the world. At least he knows the police are less likely to beat his brains out with a chunk of concrete
- Calvin and Hobbes