Author Topic: Live feed of protests from kenosha  (Read 11911 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: Live feed of protests from kenosha
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »
We expect our police to have at at least some training in handling situations like this don't we? Don't we criticize them when they don't have proper training? At the very least to know how to to react. How much preparation did this kid have?

I'm not saying he's at fault I'm just saying, actually asking, if his, i guess you could say inexperience, factored into this? Could a more experienced/trained person defused the situation? As i said I don't know. I DON'T KNOW

I can offer you this: Once the fuse has been lit, something is going to blow. I'd be looking toward whomever lit the fuse.

As for the police being more experienced and better equipped to handle situations like this, they have to be present to be effective.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2020, 10:46:50 AM »
I can offer you this: Once the fuse has been lit, something is going to blow. I'd be looking toward whomever lit the fuse.

As for the police being more experienced and better equipped to handle situations like this, they have to be present to be effective.

Woody
That is why I generally disagree with the comments about deputizing citizenry or using untrained people.  Untrained people can be effective if utilized right.  Use them to guard/watch areas and jobs that don't need training.  Maybe just lookouts to observe and report.  All so the regular cops can go do stuff that requires more training.  Just be clear one what the citizens are supposed to do and when they are allowed to use force. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
Goebbels had nothing on today's MSM
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2020, 03:16:18 PM »
The Daily Beast Reports on Rittenhouse:

The teen with the AR-15 style rifle in Kenosha was defending himself from a plastic bag when he killed his first victim, according to a criminal complaint obtained by @thedailybeast https://thedailybeast.com/teen-vigilante

They missed the part where the child molester Rosenbaum was attempting to take Rittenhouse's gun.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/28/daily-beasts-take-on-criminal-complaint-against-kyle-rittenhouse-seems-to-be-missing-something/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2020, 03:35:31 PM »
They missed the part where the child molester Rosenbaum was attempting to take Rittenhouse's gun.
Also the fact that someone fired a handgun into the air behind him.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »
Total clown shoes that the 17 year old kid was even there, of that I have no doubt. The saltiest BTDT real-deal special forces MOS with the DD214 to prove it would stay far, far away from that fustercluck unless it was his own house or maybe his own business and it didn't have a riot rider in his insurance.

And it's laughable that he thought he could be some sort of superman neutral middle ground libertarian, "support" BLM, scrub graffiti, be a "medic", and also guard against arson and looting.  Considering how much anecdotal protester-on-protester violence there's been that's a fools errand if I've ever heard one.

And the group he was with was no better. No chain of command, no security element, no overwatch, no comms I could see, no attempt at some sort of recognition symbol, no minimum of two man patrols or battle-buddies to watch each other's backs. I'm sure someone who has had actual shoot and move or MOUT training on the .gov dime could write a novel on everything else missing. Plus the idea that you're entrusting your life to a group didn't stage beforehand wasn't of known members that vouched for each other to prevent infiltration by false-flag actors or God knows who is also mindbogglingly stupid.

Hence why a 17 year old kid from another state was with them.  :facepalm:

What do you even do in that instance? Show up well enough before dark, and say: "So uh... are you one of the rifle guys who wants to prevent arson like me?" and then scrub graffiti to prove your bona fides?

That said, all three shoots look to have strong prima-facie self defense elements to them. And from a pure gun fighting standpoint, looked to be exceptionally well conducted with a lot of restraint and trigger control. He incapacitated all three of his threats with just 1 or 2 shots. There's no mention of any shots going wild and into the air. Every one of them hit an attacker. And he did so while being grappled with, hit, and on the ground. I seriously have to wonder if Airsoft or Call of Duty played into it. Or maybe the kid just has "it". And would be a natural at three-gun, or an 11 series MOS. I can understand the argument he was just "lucky" but three times lucky in all aspects of a shooting assuming dropping the hammer was justified?

I can not confidently say that if I'd been going through what that kid went through... Ignoring that hopefully at minimum such trouble found me instead of willfully putting myself in the middle of it... that I wouldn't have gone all death blossom and sprayed the whole damn street until my mag was empty.  

The usual social media scrub of the kid shows he may have wanted a career in law enforcement. That's over. If he prevails in his current legal troubles, I doubt any LEA will ever touch him with a ten foot pole, unless it's some sort of Joe Arpaio grandstanding Sheriff who picks him on purpose.

Since this isn't court, without rules of evidence, I can bring up anything else I please. Ignoring that the kid couldn't possibly know their priors anyway, the rap sheets of all three who were shot were enlightening for sure.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:25:54 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

Since this isn't court, without rules of evidence, I can bring up anything else I please. Ignoring that the kid couldn't possibly know their priors anyway, the rap sheets of all three who were shot were enlightening for sure.

In my post earlier on (or maybe the one in politics), it wasn't so much if the kid knew or didn't know, but that AFAIK, most everyone arrested for stuff beyond "not dispersing" or whatever, has had some kind of criminal record. These are not families of do-gooders seeking social justice.

Rosenbaum for sure, from the videos I saw, was an angry, angry little man. Someone invades my space with that look and acting that maniacally, I'm preparing to defend myself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2020, 08:28:13 PM »
This is somewhat infuriating. Even Fox News is calling this jackass, Grosskruetz, a "shooting victim". Even after this felon with a gun, who was clearly chasing the kid down, later admitted he would liked to have killed him. And again, why has he not been arrested with the clear video evidence of a gun in his hand?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin-man-shot-during-kenosha-protests-recovers-from-surgery-in-milwaukee-hospital

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2020, 10:41:17 PM »
This is somewhat infuriating. Even Fox News is calling this jackass, Grosskruetz, a "shooting victim". Even after this felon with a gun, who was clearly chasing the kid down, later admitted he would liked to have killed him. And again, why has he not been arrested with the clear video evidence of a gun in his hand?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin-man-shot-during-kenosha-protests-recovers-from-surgery-in-milwaukee-hospital

You aren't watching news, you're watching propaganda.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2020, 10:41:38 PM »
Since it's not too far from Chicago, how feasible would be for some stockyard bound steers to "escape" on to the streets of Kenosha?  Someone livestream it and I'll make the popcorn

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2020, 11:26:11 PM »
Since it's not too far from Chicago, how feasible would be for some stockyard bound steers to "escape" on to the streets of Kenosha?  Someone livestream it and I'll make the popcorn
My Dad has a few longhorn cattle.  They are pretty gentle around people, but those horns are intimidating as hell. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2020, 03:43:11 AM »
And it's laughable that he thought he could be some sort of superman neutral middle ground libertarian, "support" BLM, scrub graffiti, be a "medic", and also guard against arson and looting.  Considering how much anecdotal protester-on-protester violence there's been that's a fools errand if I've ever heard one.  

Not really laughable. Most 17 year old boys have some pretty serious delusions about what they are capable and they love a fool's errand.

And at least he wasn't limiting himself to thinking he was going to send Susie RottenCrotch to heaven in 30 seconds or less in the backseat of his car.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2020, 03:51:54 AM »

Hence why a 17 year old kid from another state was with them.  :facepalm:

Being "from another state" is a meaningless argument.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2020, 04:35:40 AM »
 If this is to be believed, it changes some of the context about why Rittenhouse was there. The narrative of him traveling there from out of state to shoot someone doesn't hold up either. It sounds like Kenosha was more his home community than what has been portrayed so far. This makes some more sense as to why he was there cleaning up graffiti and that he was asked to help with guarding property. He didn't bring the firearm there from IL either apparently.

I still think he should have just gone home that night instead, but this sounds completely different than him randomly deciding he was going to go to Kenosha and randomly try to guard stuff.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-working-lifeguard-kenosha-day-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2020, 07:32:33 AM »
All this hoopla in the media about Kyle crossing state lines but the commie little *expletive deleted*s they call “peaceful protesters”  are free to travel to another state to terrorize communities that would otherwise not have an issue

My father owned a business in another state and drove their every day. As it was his livelihood we would have had to defend it and I could have easily ended up in a similar situation.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »
If this is to be believed, it changes some of the context about why Rittenhouse was there. The narrative of him traveling there from out of state to shoot someone doesn't hold up either. It sounds like Kenosha was more his home community than what has been portrayed so far. This makes some more sense as to why he was there cleaning up graffiti and that he was asked to help with guarding property. He didn't bring the firearm there from IL either apparently.

I still think he should have just gone home that night instead, but this sounds completely different than him randomly deciding he was going to go to Kenosha and randomly try to guard stuff.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-working-lifeguard-kenosha-day-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/

Well, he is a 17 year old kid.  And at that age they believe they are indestructible and also pseudo Green Berets.  His motives were good and I agree with those who wonder why those who are older than him, who are criminals, riot, burn, loot, scream invectives, travel from other locations, seem to get a pass and he is excoriated.  I think they should give the kid a medal.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »
He worked in Kenosha, was asked by a business owner to guard some buildings, and the rifle itself never crossed state lines.

The New York Times ran a story confirming that Kyle's actions were self-defense. The New York Times!

And what are the odds that of all the peaceful protesters in that area that he only shot convicted felons? Amazing. Also two of them lived farther from Kenosha than Kyle does.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2020, 12:52:37 PM »
Also Facebook has banned support fr Kyle under because they claim it is a mass shooting and FB does not allow support to be shown for mass-shooters.

Of course people are defying this.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
Also Facebook has banned support fr Kyle under because they claim it is a mass shooting and FB does not allow support to be shown for mass-shooters.

Of course people are defying this.

They're actually using the term "mass murder"

"We’ve designated this shooting as a mass murder and have removed the shooter’s accounts from Facebook and Instagram," the spokesperson said in a statement. "At this time, we have not found evidence on Facebook that suggests the shooter followed the Kenosha Guard Page or that he was invited on the Event Page they organized."
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »
He worked in Kenosha, was asked by a business owner to guard some buildings, and the rifle itself never crossed state lines.

The New York Times ran a story confirming that Kyle's actions were self-defense. The New York Times!

And what are the odds that of all the peaceful protesters in that area that he only shot convicted felons? Amazing. Also two of them lived farther from Kenosha than Kyle does.

Then again, only convicted felons attacked him.  Self selection for the Darwinian win.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2020, 10:22:46 PM »
Looking back on some images from the LA riots that popped up on my social media feeds today another thing stands out.  Rooftop Koreans had the high ground, and a defensible position.  This kid was trying to do the Mogadishu Mile.  Not a great position to be in.

These rioters favor molotovs and arson.  Stuck on the roof of a burning building while surrounded by an angry mob that surpasses your round loadout ten-fold is not a good place to be.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »
These rioters favor molotovs and arson.  Stuck on the roof of a burning building while surrounded by an angry mob that surpasses your round loadout ten-fold is not a good place to be.

True, but the angry mob doesn't know what round count is.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2020, 12:32:20 AM »
Round count? Many times this year it has shown that only a few are needed and everyone else runs.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2020, 06:51:39 AM »
Round count? Many times this year it has shown that only a few are needed and everyone else runs.

Exactly.  Those people are rioters and looters, not fighters. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »

True. In the video of the kid shooting after he had fallen, notice that after two people had been shot everyone else scattered.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design