Author Topic: Live feed of protests from kenosha  (Read 11929 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Live feed of protests from kenosha
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 09:23:36 AM »
The video is clearly self defense but it appears he shot someone immediately before this video. Circumstances of that shooting is what we need to know because that could change everything

Without video, it's his word against protesters, and this video makes it pretty clear he didn't fire until he had made significant efforts to retreat.

Also, the protesters are a bunch of liars, so I would not take that comment from the video as fact.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 09:27:02 AM »
The video is clearly self defense but it appears he shot someone immediately before this video. Circumstances of that shooting is what we need to know because that could change everything
There were rioters running around with rifles also.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 09:31:54 AM »
Without video, it's his word against protesters, and this video makes it pretty clear he didn't fire until he had made significant efforts to retreat.

Also, the protesters are a bunch of liars, so I would not take that comment from the video as fact.

Agree and agree
But the question and answer meshes with the audio I heard on the live feed as far as there were shots fired before this video. What occurred there is what we need to know. Hopefully someone videoed it otherwise it's he said she said. He may have had nothing to do with it, we may never know. All we know for sure at this point is that someone was shot.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2020, 09:41:12 AM »
From the way he ACTS, though, I'm betting he's not a protester. He walked towards the police, with his hands up, apparently intending to surrender.

When they don't take him into custody, I cannot blame him in the least for running. (I think it was dumb, but it's understandable.)

(Now, it's also possible that he used the surrendering as a ruse to get the police to ignore him. If that were the case, he's a very intelligent and/or brazen individual.)

Option 3: random criminal with stolen gun
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2020, 09:48:43 AM »
Toward the end when he started walking down the road to the left, the camera pans around.  Looks like 2 or 3 more people carrying stuff which could be shotguns or rifles.  Anyone notice that?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »
Toward the end when he started walking down the road to the left, the camera pans around.  Looks like 2 or 3 more people carrying stuff which could be shotguns or rifles.  Anyone notice that?

Not sure which guys your referring to but at the service station there were several "militia" guarding it, live feed guy was talking to them when the shooting started. Maybe that's what you seeing? Shortly after this several BLM types came up got in their faces yelling blaming them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
Very graphic video of the man shot in the arm, big chunk of it is gone. You were warned if this stuff bothers you.
Now what interesting to this case is that there's a still of him holding a handgun while the the runner is on the ground.
Don't think he's going to be holding a gun with that arm again  

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1298501886987898880
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Speculation on my part but I would be willing to bet he was getting ready to execute the guy
- Calvin and Hobbes

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2020, 12:27:07 PM »
Speculation on my part but I would be willing to bet he was getting ready to execute the guy
Not betting against you there.

From what I´ve read, Rifle Guy first turned one guy´s head into a canoe because he was holding a molotov cocktail, then he shot another guy in the chest who tried to attack him with a skateboard. Both of these are dead. Then he crippled the third guy by blowing out a decent chunk of his elbow after he was being pursued by an armed mob.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »
The cops are looking for him.  Regardless of the circumstances, he'll be charged with murder.  He's going to jail.

Yup.  A juvenile under 18, white, charged with first degree intentional homicide.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/juvenile-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-2-at-kenosha-protest.html
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »
Yup.  A juvenile under 18, white, charged with first degree intentional homicide.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/juvenile-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-2-at-kenosha-protest.html

From that article:

Two people were killed Tuesday night in an attack carried out by a young white man who was caught on cellphone video opening fire in the middle of the street with a semi-automatic rifle.

"I just killed somebody," he could be heard saying at one point during the shooting rampage that erupted just before midnight.

That is a......creative description of the events on that video.  If I didn't already know that the news media was critical to our democracy and incapable of telling anything but the unvarnished truth I might think they had watched a different video than I did.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Very graphic video of the man shot in the arm, big chunk of it is gone. You were warned if this stuff bothers you.
Now what interesting to this case is that there's a still of him holding a handgun while the the runner is on the ground.
Don't think he's going to be holding a gun with that arm again  

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1298501886987898880
One very good comment from that link.
"the guy wouldn't have got shot if he was home getting ready for work the next day."
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »
Not betting against you there.

From what I´ve read, Rifle Guy first turned one guy´s head into a canoe because he was holding a molotov cocktail, then he shot another guy in the chest who tried to attack him with a skateboard. Both of these are dead. Then he crippled the third guy by blowing out a decent chunk of his elbow after he was being pursued by an armed mob.
If that is the case, he should be able to claim self defense.  Not sure about the laws in Wisconsin.  He certainly did try to run. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2020, 03:21:40 PM »
Regardless of the actual circumstances of the shooting, I'm willing to bet he won't be allowed to claim self defense at trial.  He shot members of America's newest politically protected class, "Peaceful Protesters".  And he had the audacity to do it in the Wisconsin PDR.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »
From that article:

That is a......creative description of the events on that video.  If I didn't already know that the news media was critical to our democracy and incapable of telling anything but the unvarnished truth I might think they had watched a different video than I did.

My initial thoughts as well after reading that description. I don't know what he might have done prior to the video, but what was recorded was a guy being chased and attacked, then defending himself.

From just the description, they made him sound like the Columbine kids.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
“We were all chanting ‘Black lives matter’ at the gas station and then we heard, boom, boom, and I told my friend, `‘That’s not fireworks,’” 19-year-old protester Devin Scott told the Chicago Tribune. “And then this guy with this huge gun runs by us in the middle of the street and people are yelling, ‘He shot someone! He shot someone!’ And everyone is trying to fight the guy, chasing him and then he started shooting again.”

You going to believe this or your lying eyes?
Bet you're never see the video in the MSM just hear this over and over
- Calvin and Hobbes

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
I watched a good part of this video today. The first person/s he shoots in the car lot or parking area were also chasing him. They appear to throw things at him. Possibly Molotovs. Maybe bricks/stones. That video unfortunately is not as clear. He does make a phone call at this point saying he shot someone, possibly to 911, no way to know from the video I saw.

The second video where he trips and falls, the guy he shoots in the chest swung a skateboard at him and hits him in the shoulder and head. Then the guy he shoots in the arm was pointing a handgun at him. This part would most likely be self defense. The issue is the first incident which is just before he is being chased and falls could alter that.

With a good lawyer or proper investigation/reasonable DA this may all be self defense.

All that said. Pretty dumb for someone to put themselves in that situation. He traveled apparently 20 miles across state lines to be there. He should have stayed home. I’d think differently about someone who was had a home or business in the area.

Then there is the whole issue of a 17 year old crossing state lines with a firearm, and I thought ARs were regulated in IL where he supposedly lives?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
Open carry is legal in Wisconsin, but only if the carrier is over 18.  I don't know about Illinois, but in WI a person under 18 can legally purchase a firearm from a private citizen.  This kid is going to have a tough time fighting these charges.  I'm expecting to see gofundme or similar campaigns for his legal defense.

I watched a good part of this video today. The first person/s he shoots in the car lot or parking area were also chasing him. They appear to throw things at him. Possibly Molotovs. Maybe bricks/stones. That video unfortunately is not as clear. He does make a phone call at this point saying he shot someone, possibly to 911, no way to know from the video I saw.

The second video where he trips and falls, the guy he shoots in the chest swung a skateboard at him and hits him in the shoulder and head. Then the guy he shoots in the arm was pointing a handgun at him. This part would most likely be self defense. The issue is the first incident which is just before he is being chased and falls could alter that.

With a good lawyer or proper investigation/reasonable DA this may all be self defense.

All that said. Pretty dumb for someone to put themselves in that situation. He traveled apparently 20 miles across state lines to be there. He should have stayed home. I’d think differently about someone who was had a home or business in the area.

Then there is the whole issue of a 17 year old crossing state lines with a firearm, and I thought ARs were regulated in IL where he supposedly lives?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »
And it is now being reported that the guy who really started all this wasn’t innocently breaking up a fight when police shot him. He was in a home he wasn’t allowed to be in and had taken a woman’s keys and wouldn’t give them back. A scanner recording of the police dispatch was released. The police knew on the way there that there was an alert for him at that home, he was wanted multiple crimes including sexual assault and was in the middle of committing another crime.

I really used to think that police often were to quick to escalate violence in many cases and sometimes caused more issues than they solved with some more victimless crimes. I suppose I still do, but as we continue to have these riots over people that are multiple felons and/or involved in current criminal activity I’m having less and less sympathy for them. How hard is it to just let the cops arrest you and deal with it later. These days they will most likely release you for most any crime within 24 hours anyway.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »
The narrative henceforth will be

Black for justice protesters murdered in the street by WHITE vigilante with high powered assault rifle during night of peaceful protests. Trump has fail to condemn another hate crime.

Might as well go ahead and start chiseling it into stone
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »
proper investigation/reasonable DA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:'(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2020, 04:24:51 PM »
Armchair Quarterbacking mode on

Unfortunately this event has possibly exposed something that has worried me for awhile, that while many like him often have the equipment they far too often lack the mental training to properly deal with such situations. The kid IMHO was in way over his head and, again IMHO, shouldn't has been there. Whether or not this factored into causing the incident or making it worse I can't really say at this point.
Don't take this as blaming him for it

Armchair Quarterbacking mode off
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
Armchair Quarterbacking mode on

Unfortunately this event has possibly exposed something that has worried me for awhile, that while many like him often have the equipment they far too often lack the mental training to properly deal with such situations. The kid IMHO was in way over his head and, again IMHO, shouldn't has been there. Whether or not this factored into causing the incident or making it worse I can't really say at this point.
Don't take this as blaming him for it

Armchair Quarterbacking mode off

He's a scant few months away from being able to kill at the State's whim as part of its Armed Forces though.

Is it somehow wrong for him to kill in defense of his own idealism, but right if given absolution by the State's grace?

Howard Fast's April Morning comes to mind, the main character in that novel is 15.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
He's a scant few months away from being able to kill at the State's whim as part of its Armed Forces though.

Hopefully not before receiving training and being under more experienced command.

Didn't say he was wrong just possibly lacking in training to deal with a situation like this
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
Also... when blacks are committing drive by's and B&E's in their teen years and their moms come out of the woodwork about their angelic boys, we're quick to label them as adults and ascribe full culpability to their decisions.

Why are you so eager to take this young man's ownership of his own actions away from him?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!