Main Forums > The Roundtable

Bluetooth Hearing Protection?

(1/4) > >>

Ben:
Do any of you use Bluetooth hearing protection? I've been using these for about a year:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCOEFQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

They do very well with hearing protection. The music sound is great. If someone calls me, unlike some other bluetooth stuff I have, they seamlessly let me answer the call and people can hear me fine on the mic even when I'm on my tractor. They are very comfortable.

The one single con: The bluetooth is the most horrible bluetooth in the universe. I literally can't move the phone more than two feet from them without the connection getting wonky. It doesn't lose connection completely, but music starts and stops, often several times a minute. When mowing the lawn, forget about putting the phone in the back pocket, because the signal gets wonky.  I have to keep the phone in a shirt chest pocket (if I have such a shirt on).

That con really affects all the pros of these headphones. They have put out a "version 2", but I'm hesitant to spend the $100 (mine were $70) if they do the same thing as mine. I suppose I can get them and try them and return them if they suck, but if any of you use something similar that you like, I'd be interested in checking it out.

MechAg94:
I have some Walker Razor ear insert protection that has blue tooth.  They are okay, but are not very comfortable compared to the soft foam ear plugs so I stopped using them.  I have some muffs that have blue tooth, but I haven't used the blue tooth much.  I normally just crank up the microphone a little so I can hear what is around me.  I think the blue tooth on the Walker stuff was okay, but I don't have top of the line. 

AZRedhawk44:
I have ones from a company called Axis.  They're pretty good.  I like that they  allow for bluetooth sync and music, but allow ambient noise to be passed in as well.

MikeB:

--- Quote from: Ben on August 26, 2020, 08:45:15 AM ---
That con really affects all the pros of these headphones. They have put out a "version 2", but I'm hesitant to spend the $100 (mine were $70) if they do the same thing as mine. I suppose I can get them and try them and return them if they suck, but if any of you use something similar that you like, I'd be interested in checking it out.

--- End quote ---

I’ll let you know in a few days how the 2.0 work. This reminded me I’ve had these sitting in my Amazon list for awhile. So I decided to get them to try.

I currently use a full BT headset on the Tractor that I hate. I use AirPods for just music, talking on phone, but they don’t provide hearing protection. For shooting I use muffs that also have the electronics to allow talking through, but I don’t like them for Tractor work other non shooting stuff where I want to listen to music, radio whatever at the same time I’m working.

Ben:

--- Quote from: MikeB on August 26, 2020, 12:14:24 PM ---I’ll let you know in a few days how the 2.0 work. This reminded me I’ve had these sitting in my Amazon list for awhile. So I decided to get them to try.

--- End quote ---

That would be awesome, Mike! If the bluetooth is at all better, I'd spring for the updated set since I like everything else about them.

I have a nice set of MSA shooting muffs with all the gadget connections that would otherwise work for me, but they don't work well with cowboy hats.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version