Author Topic: NY Post article detailing mail-in ballot fraud.  (Read 546 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
NY Post article detailing mail-in ballot fraud.
« on: August 31, 2020, 01:15:25 AM »
We knew it was real.

Despite being told we were crazy for even bringing it up.

If it can happen there it can happen anywhere.

Though the description of how harvesting mail-in ballots makes it seem that it can't scale up very well.

The logistics of getting ahold of the return envelopes and then steaming them open, stuffing them, and then making sure to spread them out over different mail boxes would need a lot of operatives and a leave lot of chances to get caught.

So the fraudster says that it's easier in small turnout races presumably because the total number of envelopes you need is much lower.

However, having mail workers working with you and just throwing away or "misplacing" ballots coming from red areas doesn't need much in the way of logistics, has a small chance of discovery, and can have an impact even on high-turnout races.

There are more techniques in the article.

Vote in person, encourage everybody you know to vote in person, and destroy any mail-in ballot you might receive to prevent there being any chance of it falling into the wrong hands. 

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NY Post article detailing mail-in ballot fraud.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:18:32 AM »
That article must be Russian propaganda. Because, uh, Trump hates gay Jewish postal workers, or something.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NY Post article detailing mail-in ballot fraud.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 08:18:28 AM »
The envelope steaming is the one thing that throws this article off for me. What keeps the ink on the signature from running? Also it just seems like too much work per vote for these guys. Absolutely the rest of the story is not only plausible, but expected.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."