Author Topic: California bill eliminating sex offender list inequity toward LGBTQ passes  (Read 829 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-bill-eliminating-sex-offender-list-15529263.php

I heard a comment on this in a video.  I had to go look it up.  The claimed purpose of the bill is to eliminate a inequity that allowed a judge to leave someone off the sex offender registry if the sex was vaginal versus other types.  Hence the LGBTQ crowd supporting this. 

This is the part of the bill that I heard about.  I guess it doesn't make sex with a minor legal, but it allows a judge to decide not to add them to the sex offender registry.  I am not sure why that needs to be in the bill. 
Wiener’s bill would treat all sex acts the same: Although minors cannot legally consent, if a teenager ages 14 to 17 voluntarily had sex with an adult who is less than 10 years older, the judge would have discretion over placing the adult on the sex-offender registry.
I don't know if this has passed yet. 

I am not sure what this means as I don't know the sex offender laws in my own state very well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
Re: California bill eliminating sex offender list inequity toward LGBTQ passes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 04:07:06 AM »
I am, depending on exactly what the bill says, OK with that.  One of my issues with the sex offender databases is there is no difference  on them between  a 30 YO that diddles preteens, and an 19YO boy who has consensual sex with his 17 YO girlfriend.

One is a much larger problem for society than the other.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
I am, depending on exactly what the bill says, OK with that.  One of my issues with the sex offender databases is there is no difference  on them between  a 30 YO that diddles preteens, and an 19YO boy who has consensual sex with his 17 YO girlfriend.

One is a much larger problem for society than the other.
I agree with that 2 year age difference.  And this is just the registry not the sentence for the original crime.  

It is the maximum 10 year difference that bugs me.  I am curious what made them pick that high of a difference.  

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 03:43:52 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 08:51:05 AM »
I agree with that 2 year age difference.  And this is just the registry not the sentence for the original crime.  

It is the maximum 10 year difference that bugs me.  I am curious what made them pick that high of a difference.  

There is a lot of buggery going on in California. It appears to be a right of passage for young folks if they want to be a star.

You also have a huge illegal Mexican immigrant population that has a different "standard" on age differences and how young is old enough.

Repeat after me ... there is no slippery slope ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 10:40:45 AM »

Nice round number I guess? It covers college with a little spare room? Allows for more wiggle room on the upper end. While it may only be a three year difference, I can see circumstances of being more reasonable for a 17/27 pairing than a 14/24 pairing.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
Nice round number I guess? It covers college with a little spare room? Allows for more wiggle room on the upper end. While it may only be a three year difference, I can see circumstances of being more reasonable for a 17/27 pairing than a 14/24 pairing.
I am not sure I like the idea of college seniors hooking up with high school girls.  27 is older than that actually.  17 is often pretty immature these days.  This would also include older men seeking younger men.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 11:59:17 AM »
A no more than 4 year spread standard for those in the 13-21 age range makes more sense to me.

Any law that justifies sexual contact by an adult, even a young adult, with a child that's not in or barely starting puberty is just evil.

10 years at the judges discretion is just immoral.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.