Author Topic: MS Office 2013 transfer?  (Read 588 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
MS Office 2013 transfer?
« on: September 02, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »
I have an old Toshiba notebook I'm prepping to sell or give away. It has a licensed copy of MS Office Professional 2013 installed. I do NOT intend to sell or give away my licensed copy of Office 2013 -- I want to transfer it to another computer, to replace Office 2010.

How do I do that? I know I have to first uninstall it from the old computer. I can install it to the new(er) computer, but how do I activate it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Phantom Warrior

• friend
Re: MS Office 2013 transfer?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
Do you have the Office 2013 product key?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »
Yeah, you'll need the product key.   It's usually on a little card the size of a credit card.

The ones I'm most familiar with are the Click-to-run Office.  Log into the office.com account that got set up when this was first installed, download the installer, and run it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:33:12 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:28:08 PM »
Looks like I'm prepping two older Toshiba Satellites for donation (not the same model). The battery on one is dead and won't take a charge.

I've found several different articles that say freezing the battery overnight can at least partially restore it. Have you ever heard of this? Does it work?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »
Looks like I'm prepping two older Toshiba Satellites for donation (not the same model). The battery on one is dead and won't take a charge.

I've found several different articles that say freezing the battery overnight can at least partially restore it. Have you ever heard of this? Does it work?

doubt it.

get on amazon or ebay, run the battery part number, and get a generic replacement.  They usually work OK, these days, and aren't terribly expensive.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 05:03:32 AM »
Or find a local Batteries Plus to rebuild the pack. They will swap out bad cells for a nominal fee.  I know some guys that have had success with power tool battery packs being rebuilt.