Author Topic: Bowhunting Bino/LRF Harness?  (Read 450 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Bowhunting Bino/LRF Harness?
« on: September 03, 2020, 04:45:31 PM »
What are you guys using for hunting rigs for carrying binoculars and a laser rangefinder?

My bowhunting setup has me carrying some 8x32 Bushnell binoculars and a Leupold laser rangefinder.  The chest rig I have for carrying them is right-hand biased (the LRF is on the right side of the bino pouch).  I'm left handed, and it's a nuisance transferring the bow to the left hand to be able to retrieve and use the LRF, or store it again.  Looking for a good ambi setup or a lefty-dedicated one.

Edit to add:  The one I'm using right now is a Horn Hunter Bino Hub.  LRF has a magnetic mount with safety lanyard that cannot be swapped to the other side.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:25:22 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Bowhunting Bino/LRF Harness?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »
I just have a neck strap for my binos. Range finder I carry in my pocket. I range find objects as soon as I sit so I have an idea of range before any game shows up.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Bowhunting Bino/LRF Harness?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
I hang my binos on the tree behind me and use my 6x LRF most of the time. I only reach for my binos when I have verified nothing moving near me. I haven't found a bino pack that would drop low and right enough for me to shoot the bow either sitting or standing without interference. My LRF is small and light enough I wear it cross chest under my right arm. My bow is always in my left hand.
What we have here is failure to communicate.